• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Member from CDA

passtheammo

imported post

Hey guys. Just wanted to introduce myself as I'm new here. 25 y/o male in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. Sportsman, CCW holder, and I serve on the Lake Country Friends of NRA committee (http://www.lakecountryfnra.com). I build websites for a living. Married with a daughter. You can also read some of my rantings at http://passtheammo.com

I've never OC'd around town, since CC draws less attention. But it wasn't till I read a few of the OC'ing stories on here that it perked my interest. OC'ing has pros and cons, and I'm always up for learning more.

LoveMyCountry

State Researcher
imported post

Welcome aboard!

I carry a gun for protection. I carry openly to remind people that normal, everyday citizens can carry a gun and it will not turn them into raving mad lunatics. That it is a right that will be lost if we do not exercise it publicly. That it is just as important as our other rights and the only one that will prevent the government from taking those rights away.

LoveMyCountry

passtheammo

imported post

Thanks friend. I just read alot of that thread regarding Zach Doty. Do you know if he is still going with things? I'm even interested in joining his OC awareness club.

LoveMyCountry

State Researcher
imported post

I spoke with him several weeks ago and he was supposed log-in and tell us about his adventure on the fourth of July, but he didn't show.

LoveMyCountry

HOLYROLLER

imported post

Hey brother, welcome.

Ive been hanging around here for awhile but havent actually OC'd in my neck of the woods yet. Its nice to see a familiar name. I told JJ about the legality of OC, not sure if he believed. Take care, HR.

GodGunsGlory

imported post

HR, it's good to see you back buddy. I hope the good ole Air Force took care of ya while you were away. I will shoot you an email today somethime.

Personally I am much more comfortable concealed carrying. I have never open carried before, mainly because I have really not fully understood the laws behind it in WA state. I am mainly looking to learn a few things about it here.

charliecrusader

imported post

Welcome,

Good to have another in the correspondence of our rights. My business takes me to CDA every other month or so. I'll try to send a heads up and I'll buy you a cup of coffee. I could have you take a look at my website too and tell me what you think. And OC of course.

To be silent when we ought to speak makes cowards of men. A. Lincoln