View Poll Results: Who will you vote for (Republican)

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sam Brownback

0 0%
  • Rudy Giuliani

1 1.72%
  • Mike Huckabee

3 5.17%
  • Duncan Hunter

0 0%
  • John McCain

0 0%
  • Ron Paul

38 65.52%
  • Mitt Romney

1 1.72%
  • Tom Tancredo

0 0%
  • Fred Thompson

15 25.86%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who will you vote for?

Post imported post

Since it limits you to 10 in a poll I cant add the democrats, but here they are just in case, feel free to create another poll using them if so desired:

Democratic candidates

Joe Biden

Hillary Clinton

Chris Dodd

John Edwards

Mike Gravel

Dennis Kucinich

Barack Oboma

Bill Richardson

Republican Candidates

Sam Brownback

Rudy Giuliani

Mike Huckabee

Duncan Hunter

John McCain

Ron Paul

Mitt Romney

Tom Tancredo

Fred Thompson

Post imported post

If Ron Paul doesn't win the nomination, I'm voting for Hillary to punish all of you for not nominating RP.

So if you don't want me to vote for Hillary, nominate RP! :P

Post imported post

Not sure yet but defenitly not borock he has way too many people voting for him because he is muslim and or black. I think presidential canidates should be elected based on their views not because they are a black guy runnin for president or a muslim guy running. Just goes to show you how ignorent our country still is.

Post imported post

Dennis! Woo-hoo... (it's an Ohio thing)

-ljp

p.s. Is Obama a Moslem? I thought it was just an ethnic name and that he was a Christer. Just curious - not interested in his candidacy in any event.

Post imported post

Ron Paul is my first choice. Fred a close second. Ron Paul was a Libratarian so I'd practicaly be following party lines. Ron Paul although is a republican is a Constitutionalist first. And if Ron Paul were elected America would have the potential to become paradisio assuming he isn't BS'ing everyone and he didn't get assasinated or something of the like. I like Fred I like Fred a lot but Ron Paul has more ideals and opinions that agree with my own.

Post imported post

i cmg266 wrote:
    Not sure yet but defenitly not borock he has way too many people voting for him because he is muslim and or black. I think presidential canidates should be elected based on their views not because they are a black guy runnin for president or a muslim guy running. Just goes to show you how ignorent our country still is.
    i dont think people will vote for him just because he is musli(he is not even a muslim) or black, the reason he may get votes is because he is new and isnt bogged down by political affiliations....and believe it or not but the country does vote for people solely based on the fact that they can relate to the candidate

Post imported post

Would anyone voting for one of the Democrat candidates really belong on this board anyhow? They don't even pretend to be pro-2A.

ETA: Except Bill Richardson seems to be pro-2A? But as for the others...

Post imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
    Would anyone voting for one of the Democrat candidates really belong on this board anyhow? They don't even pretend to be pro-2A.

There is always Hank T

Post imported post

dkd wrote:
    i cmg266 wrote:
    i dont think people will vote for him just because he is musli(he is not even a muslim) or black, the reason he may get votes is because he is new and isnt bogged down by political affiliations....and believe it or not but the country does vote for people solely based on the fact that they can relate to the candidate
    The reason I said that is because I KNOW people who said that. not THINK like you. Dont want to sound like an ass but I dont go saying things that I think without letting people know thats my opinion. I say things i KNOW when i KNOW them

Post imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:

I'm a pro-2A quasi-lefty. It's lonely at the meetings, to be sure (and no, I'm not trolling).

-ljp

Post imported post

Ron Paul has alot a qualities I like, but I don't believe he's going to get the nomination. Mike Huckabee still has the strong principles, but he also can appeal to a wider base of voters. Not knocking Ron Paul, just calling it like I see it. Fred Thompson has really disappointed me. He has said a whole lot of nothing since he announced he was running.

Post imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:

Pro-2A, do you mean like Rudolph Giuliani?
    "...our media are palace eunuchs gazing avidly at the harem of power and stroking their impotent pens in time to the rape of our liberties."
    -Sarah Hoyt

"America is at that awkward stage; it's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards."
    -Claire Wolfe

Post imported post

T-RaV wrote:
    imperialism2024 wrote:

Ron Paul, I went to his Rally in Salt Lake City together with a Friend and we OCed the whole time. Matter of fact we were OCing and stood about 50 feet away from Ron and about 6 feet from one of Salt Lakes finest and no swat team, The Officer didn't even ask for id. We past him and his partner on the way out. NOTHING NOTHING. AWESOME.

I also took a Picture together with RonSGTjensen can verify cuz he was there.

We stood there and sang the Anthem infront of a Presidential Candidate with our Kimber and Glock on Right strongside OCing.:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:cel ebrate.

Post imported post

No, Obama is not a muslim. He's a Protestant and a member of the United Church of Christ.

Post imported post

Not telling.

Post imported post

T-RaV wrote:
    imperialism2024 wrote:

Well, to be honest I don't much bother with the Democrat nominees, so that teaches me not to use Wikipedia to look up stances...

Post imported post

If Ron doesnt get the nomination I will vote for the Libertarian candidate whomever it may be. Or maybe I will just write in "none of the above"

State Researcher

Post imported post

Ron Paul is my daddy...lol!

Post imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:

Well, I'm fairly left-leaning on a lot of issues (for example, I think it's actually possible for socialized healthcare to be a good idea, though I'm fiscally conservative in general so issues like this give me a lot of headaches ), but obviously (like any sane person) I split rather strongly from the typical Democratic platform on gun rights.

That said, I really like Ron Paul, and I would vote for him in a heartbeat if he could just win the nomination; unfortanately, it doesn't seem like there's much chance of that.

As far as the democratic candidates go, I kinda like Obama; he's well-spoken and he seems to be sincere. Also, from a pragmatic viewpoint, I think he might be less inclined to push a gun control agenda, if only because of his young career and the highly polarized nature of the debate. At the least, I think it would be easier to fight against Obama than Clinton on gun control. :P

So, if it came down to being forced to choose between Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton, I'd definitely pick Obama. Hillary just sends shivers down my spine, and not the good kind.

Post imported post

Well, I'm fairly left-leaning on a lot of issues (for example, I think it's actually possible for socialized healthcare to be a good idea,
    “The mania for giving the Government power to meddle with the private affairs of cities or citizens is likely to cause endless trouble, through the rivalry of schools and creeds that are anxious to obtain official recognition, and there is great danger that our people will lose our independence of thought and action which is the cause of much of our greatness, and sink into the helplessness of the Frenchman or German who expects his government to feed him when hungry, clothe him when naked, to prescribe when his child may be born and when he may die, and, in time, to regulate every act of humanity from the cradle to the tomb, including the manner in which he may seek future admission to paradise.” —Mark Twain

I love how everyone says Ron Paul has no chance and yet he wins every debate he is in. Just because the Comunist News Network and Faux News refuse to report it, "its" happening. Ron Paul utilizes the internet as his media outlet.

And honestly this sounds exactly like the same argument I hear every beeping year.

"Well I'm just gonna vote for the lesser of two evils."

There is a reason we have more than two parties. And its not throwing your vote away. Its voting for someone deserving. You wanna see this country changed and back into the dircection from which we came than you must think out of the box.

“The punishment of wise men who refuse to take part in the government is to live under the government of worse men.” —Plato

“A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine.” - Thomas Jefferson.

Post imported post

WhiteFeather wrote:
    And honestly this sounds exactly like the same argument I hear every beeping year.

"Well I'm just gonna vote for the lesser of two evils."

There is a reason we have more than two parties. And its not throwing your vote away. Its voting for someone deserving. You wanna see this country changed and back into the dircection from which we came than you must think out of the box.
    Well put. The final goal of both the Republican and Democrat parties is total control of the people; it's just a matter of how they are doing this that separates them. Republicans aim to do it through controlling "morals" while the Democrats aim to do it through controlling economics. But in the end, each party leads the nation toward... control. It's just a matter really of whether you want your government to tell you when you're allowed to have sex and in what position, or whether you want your government to tell you where you're allowed to work and how much you're allowed to earn.

And my theory as to why the Republicans "support" gun rights is just because Democrats oppose it. Why else is the GOP so lukewarm about this issue? Surely they can't be too busy trying to kill the gays. This is why, IMO, Guiliani or Romney or some other "we'll let you have hunting guns" type will get the Republican nomination.

Post imported post

Ron Paul. With the Second Amendment properly secured, everything else will fall into place.

Post imported post

RON PAUL. Because I feel that with just about every other candidate nothing will change and if it does, it won't be for the better.

On the other hand. Many people in America don't deserve a president like Ron Paul. It's sickening how ignorant and unintelligent the majority of Americans are.

Lots of good reads about and by Ron Paul can be found here

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/

Post imported post

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

For all those who say Ron Paul doesn't have a chance should look at how much money RP raised last quarter. He tied McCain for most raised $5 million.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast