• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who will you vote for?

Who will you vote for (Republican)

• Sam Brownback

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rudy Giuliani

• Mike Huckabee

• Duncan Hunter

• John McCain

• Ron Paul

• Mitt Romney

• Tom Tancredo

• Fred Thompson

• Total voters

xmirage2kx

imported post

Since it limits you to 10 in a poll I cant add the democrats, but here they are just in case, feel free to create another poll using them if so desired:

Democratic candidates

Joe Biden

Hillary Clinton

Chris Dodd

John Edwards

Mike Gravel

Dennis Kucinich

Barack Oboma

Bill Richardson

Republican Candidates

Sam Brownback

Rudy Giuliani

Mike Huckabee

Duncan Hunter

John McCain

Ron Paul

Mitt Romney

Tom Tancredo

Fred Thompson

Tomahawk

imported post

If Ron Paul doesn't win the nomination, I'm voting for Hillary to punish all of you for not nominating RP.

So if you don't want me to vote for Hillary, nominate RP! :p

cmg266

imported post

Not sure yet but defenitly not borock he has way too many people voting for him because he is muslim and or black. I think presidential canidates should be elected based on their views not because they are a black guy runnin for president or a muslim guy running. Just goes to show you how ignorent our country still is.

Legba

imported post

Dennis! Woo-hoo... (it's an Ohio thing)

-ljp

p.s. Is Obama a Moslem? I thought it was just an ethnic name and that he was a Christer. Just curious - not interested in his candidacy in any event.

WhiteFeather

imported post

Ron Paul is my first choice. Fred a close second. Ron Paul was a Libratarian so I'd practicaly be following party lines. Ron Paul although is a republican is a Constitutionalist first. And if Ron Paul were elected America would have the potential to become paradisio assuming he isn't BS'ing everyone and he didn't get assasinated or something of the like. I like Fred I like Fred a lot but Ron Paul has more ideals and opinions that agree with my own.

dkd

imported post

i cmg266 wrote:
Not sure yet but defenitly not borock he has way too many people voting for him because he is muslim and or black. I think presidential canidates should be elected based on their views not because they are a black guy runnin for president or a muslim guy running. Just goes to show you how ignorent our country still is.
i dont think people will vote for him just because he is musli(he is not even a muslim) or black, the reason he may get votes is because he is new and isnt bogged down by political affiliations....and believe it or not but the country does vote for people solely based on the fact that they can relate to the candidate

imperialism2024

imported post

Would anyone voting for one of the Democrat candidates really belong on this board anyhow? They don't even pretend to be pro-2A.

ETA: Except Bill Richardson seems to be pro-2A? But as for the others...

xmirage2kx

imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
Would anyone voting for one of the Democrat candidates really belong on this board anyhow? They don't even pretend to be pro-2A.

There is always Hank T ;)

cmg266

imported post

dkd wrote:
i cmg266 wrote:
i dont think people will vote for him just because he is musli(he is not even a muslim) or black, the reason he may get votes is because he is new and isnt bogged down by political affiliations....and believe it or not but the country does vote for people solely based on the fact that they can relate to the candidate
The reason I said that is because I KNOW people who said that. not THINK like you. Dont want to sound like an ass but I dont go saying things that I think without letting people know thats my opinion. I say things i KNOW when i KNOW them

Legba

imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:

I'm a pro-2A quasi-lefty. It's lonely at the meetings, to be sure (and no, I'm not trolling).

-ljp

dng

State Researcher
imported post

Ron Paul has alot a qualities I like, but I don't believe he's going to get the nomination. Mike Huckabee still has the strong principles, but he also can appeal to a wider base of voters. Not knocking Ron Paul, just calling it like I see it. Fred Thompson has really disappointed me. He has said a whole lot of nothing since he announced he was running.

GreatWhiteLlama

imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:

Pro-2A, do you mean like Rudolph Giuliani?

UTOC-45-44

imported post

T-RaV wrote:
imperialism2024 wrote:

Ron Paul, I went to his Rally in Salt Lake City together with a Friend and we OCed the whole time. Matter of fact we were OCing and stood about 50 feet away from Ron and about 6 feet from one of Salt Lakes finest and no swat team, The Officer didn't even ask for id. We past him and his partner on the way out. NOTHING NOTHING. AWESOME.

I also took a Picture together with Ron:lol:SGTjensen can verify cuz he was there.

We stood there and sang the Anthem infront of a Presidential Candidate with our Kimber and Glock on Right strongside OCing.:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate.

rb8941

imported post

No, Obama is not a muslim. He's a Protestant and a member of the United Church of Christ.

imperialism2024

imported post

T-RaV wrote:
imperialism2024 wrote:

Well, to be honest I don't much bother with the Democrat nominees, so that teaches me not to use Wikipedia to look up stances...

Thors_Mitersaw

imported post

If Ron doesnt get the nomination I will vote for the Libertarian candidate whomever it may be. Or maybe I will just write in "none of the above"

Stealth Potato

imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:

Well, I'm fairly left-leaning on a lot of issues (for example, I think it's actually possible for socialized healthcare to be a good idea, though I'm fiscally conservative in general so issues like this give me a lot of headaches :D), but obviously (like any sane person) I split rather strongly from the typical Democratic platform on gun rights.

That said, I really like Ron Paul, and I would vote for him in a heartbeat if he could just win the nomination; unfortanately, it doesn't seem like there's much chance of that.

As far as the democratic candidates go, I kinda like Obama; he's well-spoken and he seems to be sincere. Also, from a pragmatic viewpoint, I think he might be less inclined to push a gun control agenda, if only because of his young career and the highly polarized nature of the debate. At the least, I think it would be easier to fight against Obama than Clinton on gun control. :p

So, if it came down to being forced to choose between Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton, I'd definitely pick Obama. Hillary just sends shivers down my spine, and not the good kind.

WhiteFeather

imported post

Well, I'm fairly left-leaning on a lot of issues (for example, I think it's actually possible for socialized healthcare to be a good idea,
“The mania for giving the Government power to meddle with the private affairs of cities or citizens is likely to cause endless trouble, through the rivalry of schools and creeds that are anxious to obtain official recognition, and there is great danger that our people will lose our independence of thought and action which is the cause of much of our greatness, and sink into the helplessness of the Frenchman or German who expects his government to feed him when hungry, clothe him when naked, to prescribe when his child may be born and when he may die, and, in time, to regulate every act of humanity from the cradle to the tomb, including the manner in which he may seek future admission to paradise.” —Mark Twain

I love how everyone says Ron Paul has no chance and yet he wins every debate he is in. Just because the Comunist News Network and Faux News refuse to report it, "its" happening. Ron Paul utilizes the internet as his media outlet.

And honestly this sounds exactly like the same argument I hear every beeping year.

"Well I'm just gonna vote for the lesser of two evils."

There is a reason we have more than two parties. And its not throwing your vote away. Its voting for someone deserving. You wanna see this country changed and back into the dircection from which we came than you must think out of the box.

“The punishment of wise men who refuse to take part in the government is to live under the government of worse men.” —Plato

“A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine.” - Thomas Jefferson.