• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who will you vote for?

Who will you vote for (Republican)

• Sam Brownback

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rudy Giuliani

• Mike Huckabee

• Duncan Hunter

• John McCain

• Ron Paul

• Mitt Romney

• Tom Tancredo

• Fred Thompson

• Total voters

imperialism2024

imported post

WhiteFeather wrote:
And honestly this sounds exactly like the same argument I hear every beeping year.

"Well I'm just gonna vote for the lesser of two evils."

There is a reason we have more than two parties. And its not throwing your vote away. Its voting for someone deserving. You wanna see this country changed and back into the dircection from which we came than you must think out of the box.
Well put. The final goal of both the Republican and Democrat parties is total control of the people; it's just a matter of how they are doing this that separates them. Republicans aim to do it through controlling "morals" while the Democrats aim to do it through controlling economics. But in the end, each party leads the nation toward... control. It's just a matter really of whether you want your government to tell you when you're allowed to have sex and in what position, or whether you want your government to tell you where you're allowed to work and how much you're allowed to earn.

And my theory as to why the Republicans "support" gun rights is just because Democrats oppose it. Why else is the GOP so lukewarm about this issue? Surely they can't be too busy trying to kill the gays. This is why, IMO, Guiliani or Romney or some other "we'll let you have hunting guns" type will get the Republican nomination.

agmobb

imported post

RON PAUL. Because I feel that with just about every other candidate nothing will change and if it does, it won't be for the better.

On the other hand. Many people in America don't deserve a president like Ron Paul. It's sickening how ignorant and unintelligent the majority of Americans are.

Lots of good reads about and by Ron Paul can be found here

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

For all those who say Ron Paul doesn't have a chance should look at how much money RP raised last quarter. He tied McCain for most raised $5 million.

sedjester

imported post

I'm a Libertarian but I would vote for Ron Paul. If not Ron Paul then I would go with whomever I think would do the better job (whether or not they are likely to 'win'). I hate the mentality of vote for 'B' so 'A' doesn't win. If we have to choose between the lesser of two weevils then I say we need new flour.

dng

State Researcher
imported post

I don't know if there are any other Glenn Beck listeners on here, but I would really like to hear Glenn interview Ron Paul. According to Glenn, Ron already stood him up once, and now the Ron Paul people won't take Glenn's calls asking for an interview. So Glenn said today on the radio that he does not want Ron Paul supporters calling him any more until Ron Paul will agree to an interview. Glenn wants the Ron Paul supporters to call the Ron Paul and tell him to go on the program and do the interview. If there are any other Glenn Beck listeners out there would like to hear Ron Paul on the program, call or email the campaign and ask for it. I just did and left a voicemail for the press coordinator.

703-248-9115
mail@ronpaul2008.com

Tomahawk

imported post

dngreer wrote:
I don't know if there are any other Glenn Beck listeners on here, but I would really like to hear Glenn interview Ron Paul. According to Glenn, Ron already stood him up once, and now the Ron Paul people won't take Glenn's calls asking for an interview. So Glenn said today on the radio that he does not want Ron Paul supporters calling him any more until Ron Paul will agree to an interview. Glenn wants the Ron Paul supporters to call the Ron Paul and tell him to go on the program and do the interview. If there are any other Glenn Beck listeners out there would like to hear Ron Paul on the program, call or email the campaign and ask for it. I just did and left a voicemail for the press coordinator.

703-248-9115
mail@ronpaul2008.com
If RP "stood him up" I can only imagine he either had scheduling problems, or he smelled an ambush. I find it ironic that so many conservative talk show hosts, once considered towers of reason in the Clinton era, act like a bunch of liberalRosie O'swhen it comes to a guy like Ron Paul. I guess now that their party is in power they have no use for libertarian ideas anymore. Big government is A-OK now, as long as the republicans are in charge.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
dngreer wrote:

703-248-9115
mail@ronpaul2008.com
If RP "stood him up" I can only imagine he either had scheduling problems, or he smelled an ambush.
If RP had scheduling problems, wouldn't he just re-schedule the interview for when he could make it?

And, what's this ambush thing? If RP smelled ambush, why would he have scheduled the interview in the first place? All he had to do was say no to the interview.

On a related note, though, it doesn't surprise that ideological fervor would confine one to only imagine those two reasons for RP ducking an interview. ;)

dng

State Researcher
imported post

Don't worry, Beck is not about big government, and is certainly not all about the Republicans or Democrats. He definitely is not a RP supporter, but I believe if they would sit down a talk, Beck is more of a libertarian than he knows. I think Beck's show could be some good press for the campaign, and Beck might even become a supporter.

Tomahawk

imported post

HankT wrote:
On a related note, though, it doesn't surprise that ideological fervor would confine one to only imagine those two reasons for RP ducking an interview. ;)
Well, look who's back. Things were getting boring around here.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

dngreer wrote:
Don't worry, Beck is not about big government, and is certainly not all about the Republicans or Democrats. He definitely is not a RP supporter, but I believe if they would sit down a talk, Beck is more of a libertarian than he knows. I think Beck's show could be some good press for the campaign, and Beck might even become a supporter.

Yeah, Beck's not an ideological puppet. He leans left, he leans right. He has a simplistic approach about some things but he's not the ambush type. He's more of a nagging/reminding type if he asks a reasonable question and gets dogma from the interviewee.

What's still unexplained is why RP would schedule the interview in the first place-- then back out---then not bother to advise the interviewer--then duck the follow-up calls.

Sounds like something Hillary Clinton would do...;)

dng

State Researcher
imported post

HOLY CRAP!!!:shock:HankT, we have found common ground! I agree with what you just said! The one thing I wanted to add though, is that I told Glenn's "side" of the story of getting stood up by RP. I would hope that RP has a different take on the matter, and there is a logical explaination other than RP just didn't feel like doing to interview.

tarzan1888

imported post

My daughter sent me a link to a site that allows you see how your view stack up with ALL the announced candidates.

http://www.vajoe.com/candidate_calculator.html

I took it and of the leading candidates I agree with Fred Thompson 91% on the issues listed and Ron Paul only 53%. :what:

This was eye opening for me as I thought I would agree more with Ron Paul.

Take the quiz and you might be surprised too.

Tarzan

imperialism2024

imported post

tarzan1888 wrote:
My daughter sent me a link to a site that allows you see how your view stack up with ALL the announced candidates.

http://www.vajoe.com/candidate_calculator.html

I took it and of the leading candidates I agree with Fred Thompson 91% on the issues listed and Ron Paul only 53%. :what:

This was eye opening for me as I thought I would agree more with Ron Paul.

Take the quiz and you might be surprised too.

Tarzan
Unsurprisingly, I'm 84% matched with Ron Paul, then 68% with Brownback and Gravel (?).

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

HankT wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
dngreer wrote:

703-248-9115
mail@ronpaul2008.com
If RP "stood him up" I can only imagine he either had scheduling problems, or he smelled an ambush.
If RP had scheduling problems, wouldn't he just re-schedule the interview for when he could make it?

And, what's this ambush thing? If RP smelled ambush, why would he have scheduled the interview in the first place? All he had to do was say no to the interview.

I just happened to hear a snip of Beck's program today when he mentioned that he had offered RP ONE FULL HOUR on his show. No response from RP.

RP is just ducking him. Or maybe he's having trouble with his car or something...

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

I took one poll that said I was matched with Romney, I LOL'd. The above said I was matched 84% with Thompson, 68% with Paul. Close enough for me to go for Paul.