Thread: Open carry nova malls?

Post imported post

Anyone know the open carry in nova malls? Springfield, fair oaks? Just interested in knowing if anyone knows to pass on the info thanks:celebrate

Post imported post

Last year I open carried in Landmark Mall, Springfield Mall, Tysons Corner. I can't tell you what the current "rules" are over there, but it is not a crime to do so. If you're asked to leave, then take your shopping dollars elsewhere...

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

cmg266 wrote:
    Anyone know the open carry in nova malls? Springfield, fair oaks? Just interested in knowing if anyone knows to pass on the info thanks:celebrate
    Springfield has a "no weapons" policy posted on its web site, but not, as far as I can tell, in its mall. I OC there frequently.

Landmark used to be posted, but is no longer. I OC'd there a month or so ago, but I don't go there often.

I OC'd only once in Fair Oaks (used to work across the street). It is NOT posted. One of our posters was hassled (gently, though) by a rent-a-cop in the mall - one who didn't want to be bothered with calls and therefore asked him to leave so she didn't have to do her job.

I've OC'd in Tysons - but then most of their patrons have their noses so far in the air they'd never notice anyway </opinion>.

Potomac Mills is posted at one entrance, at least. Because of that, I CC there, if I go at all.

Those are the ones I'm aware of. The VCDL web site (www.vcdl.org) has a couple of malls posted in its "Gun Owner Unfriendly" list.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

I couldn't imagine not carrying going into Landmark....*shudder*....that mall is sketchy.

Post imported post

I've OC'd in Dulles Town Center and was not approached or kicked out or anything. I stayed in long enough to take a suit to the taylor and to get ice cream.

I've heard of people indicating this mall was not OC friendly, but I didn't have that experieince. However, that doesn't mean they were wrong, it just means I got lucky

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Tess wrote:
    Springfield has a "no weapons" policy posted on its web site, but not, as far as I can tell, in its mall. I OC there frequently.
    Tess, that's exactly why I never carry when I'msurfing the Springfield Mall website.
    At the actual mall? You betcha I OC!!

Post imported post

BobCav wrote:
    Tess wrote:
    Tess, that's exactly why I never carry when I'msurfing the Springfield Mall website.
    At the actual mall? You betcha I OC!!
    LOL hilarous.

Post imported post

If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Agent19 wrote:
    i was just @ Fair Oaks last week with no problems, my son was also OC'ing his double barrel nerf blaster
    Now that's hysterical! Get him started young!

Post imported post

:P
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Agent19 wrote:
    he's not allowed to have ammo outside of the house.

I hate chasing those damn foam bullets.

he even sleeps with it by his bed, loaded of course
    Safety on or off? Cocked and locked?

Post imported post

BobCav wrote:
    Agent19 wrote:
    i was just @ Fair Oaks last week with no problems, my son was also OC'ing his double barrel nerf blaster
    Now that's hysterical! Get him started young!
    LOLOLOLOL. Thats so freaking funny man. My son was also Ocing his double barrel NERF blaster hahaahaha.

Post imported post

Agent19 wrote:
    he's not allowed to have ammo outside of the house.

I hate chasing those damn foam bullets.

he even sleeps with it by his bed, loaded of course
    If it's unloaded, and kids decide to jump him with their nerf guns, he's holding a 1lb fluorescent paperweight. PLEASE reconsider! Playing dead after being ambushed and nerf'ed is something no child should ever have to do. > )
    -Unrequited

Post imported post

nvm

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

Went to Fair Oaks Mall today. I wasn't there long, I just went to buy some shave soap. I did have to walk across the mall, though.

It was a non-event. On the other hand, I didn't see any security in the first place.

Post imported post

You did not see any security? Didn't you look in the mirror?

Post imported post

No, I neglected to look this time.

I meant mall security, of course. Although I guess it is a little too generous to describe them as "security."

Edit: I also went to Springfield Mall a couple times this week. Of course I wasn't hassled, but since their no-carry policy only applies to their website that doesn't surprise me.