• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry nova malls?

cmg266

imported post

Anyone know the open carry in nova malls? Springfield, fair oaks? Just interested in knowing if anyone knows to pass on the info thanks:celebrate

XD Owner

imported post

Last year I open carried in Landmark Mall, Springfield Mall, Tysons Corner. I can't tell you what the current "rules" are over there, but it is not a crime to do so. If you're asked to leave, then take your shopping dollars elsewhere...

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

cmg266 wrote:
Anyone know the open carry in nova malls? Springfield, fair oaks? Just interested in knowing if anyone knows to pass on the info thanks:celebrate

Springfield has a "no weapons" policy posted on its web site, but not, as far as I can tell, in its mall. I OC there frequently.

Landmark used to be posted, but is no longer. I OC'd there a month or so ago, but I don't go there often.

I OC'd only once in Fair Oaks (used to work across the street). It is NOT posted. One of our posters was hassled (gently, though) by a rent-a-cop in the mall - one who didn't want to be bothered with calls and therefore asked him to leave so she didn't have to do her job.

I've OC'd in Tysons - but then most of their patrons have their noses so far in the air they'd never notice anyway </opinion>.

Potomac Mills is posted at one entrance, at least. Because of that, I CC there, if I go at all.

Those are the ones I'm aware of. The VCDL web site (www.vcdl.org) has a couple of malls posted in its "Gun Owner Unfriendly" list.

vrwmiller

imported post

I've OC'd in Dulles Town Center and was not approached or kicked out or anything. I stayed in long enough to take a suit to the taylor and to get ice cream.

I've heard of people indicating this mall was not OC friendly, but I didn't have that experieince. However, that doesn't mean they were wrong, it just means I got lucky :)

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Tess wrote:
Springfield has a "no weapons" policy posted on its web site, but not, as far as I can tell, in its mall. I OC there frequently.

Tess, that's exactly why I never carry when I'msurfing the Springfield Mall website.
At the actual mall? You betcha I OC!! :monkey

cmg266

imported post

BobCav wrote:
Tess wrote:

Tess, that's exactly why I never carry when I'msurfing the Springfield Mall website.
At the actual mall? You betcha I OC!! :monkey
LOL hilarous.

cmg266

imported post

BobCav wrote:
Agent19 wrote:
i was just @ Fair Oaks last week with no problems, my son was also OC'ing his double barrel nerf blaster
Now that's hysterical! Get him started young!
LOLOLOLOL. Thats so freaking funny man. My son was also Ocing his double barrel NERF blaster hahaahaha.

unrequited

imported post

Agent19 wrote:
he's not allowed to have ammo outside of the house.

I hate chasing those damn foam bullets.

he even sleeps with it by his bed, loaded of course
If it's unloaded, and kids decide to jump him with their nerf guns, he's holding a 1lb fluorescent paperweight. PLEASE reconsider! Playing dead after being ambushed and nerf'ed is something no child should ever have to do. > )

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Went to Fair Oaks Mall today. I wasn't there long, I just went to buy some shave soap. I did have to walk across the mall, though.

It was a non-event. On the other hand, I didn't see any security in the first place.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

No, I neglected to look this time. :D

I meant mall security, of course. Although I guess it is a little too generous to describe them as "security." ;)

Edit: I also went to Springfield Mall a couple times this week. Of course I wasn't hassled, but since their no-carry policy only applies to their website that doesn't surprise me. :lol: