Thread: A baaaaaad, baaaaad precedent...

Post imported post

First off, I know this isn't gun related, but I find it of significant value to those that OC, especially in groups.

The gist: two siblings in New Haven, CT are charged with Felony breach of peace for sprinkling flour in a parking lot:

http://www.newhavenindependent.org/a..._wont_make.php

two members of a running group decide to set up a race course, using chalk and flour. Someone thinks it's anthrax and calls the cops. the guy goes back to the scene, tells the responders it's flour, and offers to eat it and clean it up, and they both get charged with a felony?

There is something very wrong, folks. This country is very, very sick.

Food for thought for those of us out there open carrying....

Post imported post

savery wrote:
    First off, I know this isn't gun related, but I find it of significant value to those that OC, especially in groups.

The gist: two siblings in New Haven, CT are charged with Felony breach of peace for sprinkling flour in a parking lot:

http://www.newhavenindependent.org/a..._wont_make.php

two members of a running group decide to set up a race course, using chalk and flour. Someone thinks it's anthrax and calls the cops. the guy goes back to the scene, tells the responders it's flour, and offers to eat it and clean it up, and they both get charged with a felony?

There is something very wrong, folks. This country is very, very sick.

Food for thought for those of us out there open carrying....
    Maybe not OC related, but very relevant nevertheless.

What do you expect, when we are being constantly being fed a diet of doom and gloom by the media,ridiculous fear mongering on the part of Government, and the creation of a snitch society?

This Mayor needs to be fired immediately! Goodness only knows how many JBTs would be called out if a guy were to OC in this crazy burgh.

TrueBrit.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

I see flour piles from hash runs everyday, I never once thought terrorism. Context is everything.

Post imported post

I have to agree... It was stupid to charge them.

Not against the law and they were their to provide a logical explanation.

Now had they dumped it in the store.. different matter.

How did anthrax and flour get such a wonderful association?

Not only that.... but the amount of flour used... they must have a large stockpile of anthrax!!

Hey.. next time just use orange paint and cause property destruction.. Misdemeanor charge only!!

Oh My God!!! I actually did not side with the cops on this!!! I must be sick!! I ALWAYS take side with the cops!!!

Post imported post

Wow, this is sad. The response defidently wasn't reasonable. The number of people who lack common sense never stops to amaze me. This is like the "aqua team hunger force" bomb scare.

Just an interesting note .... anthax ISN'T that dangerious of a pathogen. There is a fear of terrorist using anthrax because it is easily obtained. I am sure any bio-major knows enough to find anthrax in the soil, isolate it, and create spores. But despite how easy it is to obtain, the ability for anthrax to infect and kill large numbers of people is incredibly low.
    I would rather be exposed to anthrax spores than some home-made bomb.

Post imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
    Oh My God!!! I actually did not side with the cops on this!!! I must be sick!! I ALWAYS take side with the cops!!!
    Hey, everyone slips up once in a while.

I don't understand the people who were charged, seriously. Instead of cowtowing to the city I would be suing them for big bucks and making them look like "hyterical bedwetters".

Post imported post

LEO 229 wrote:

Post imported post

DDrake wrote:
    This is like the "aqua team hunger force" bomb scare.
    Or the light-up shirt bomb scare....

http://www.boingboing.net/2007/09/21...-arrested.html

Short version: it wasn't a "fake bomb" at all, it was a wearable tech jacket on the body of a friendly young technologist who would have been *way* better off wearing something else to the airport today.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.