• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A baaaaaad, baaaaad precedent...

savery

imported post

First off, I know this isn't gun related, but I find it of significant value to those that OC, especially in groups.

The gist: two siblings in New Haven, CT are charged with Felony breach of peace for sprinkling flour in a parking lot:

http://www.newhavenindependent.org/archives/2007/09/city_wont_make.php

two members of a running group decide to set up a race course, using chalk and flour. Someone thinks it's anthrax and calls the cops. the guy goes back to the scene, tells the responders it's flour, and offers to eat it and clean it up, and they both get charged with a felony?

There is something very wrong, folks. This country is very, very sick.

Food for thought for those of us out there open carrying....

TrueBrit

imported post

savery wrote:
First off, I know this isn't gun related, but I find it of significant value to those that OC, especially in groups.

The gist: two siblings in New Haven, CT are charged with Felony breach of peace for sprinkling flour in a parking lot:

http://www.newhavenindependent.org/archives/2007/09/city_wont_make.php

two members of a running group decide to set up a race course, using chalk and flour. Someone thinks it's anthrax and calls the cops. the guy goes back to the scene, tells the responders it's flour, and offers to eat it and clean it up, and they both get charged with a felony?

There is something very wrong, folks. This country is very, very sick.

Food for thought for those of us out there open carrying....

Maybe not OC related, but very relevant nevertheless.

What do you expect, when we are being constantly being fed a diet of doom and gloom by the media,ridiculous fear mongering on the part of Government, and the creation of a snitch society?

This Mayor needs to be fired immediately! Goodness only knows how many JBTs would be called out if a guy were to OC in this crazy burgh.

TrueBrit.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

I see flour piles from hash runs everyday, I never once thought terrorism. Context is everything.

LEO 229

imported post

I have to agree... It was stupid to charge them.

Not against the law and they were their to provide a logical explanation.

Now had they dumped it in the store.. different matter.

How did anthrax and flour get such a wonderful association?

Not only that.... but the amount of flour used... they must have a large stockpile of anthrax!!

Hey.. next time just use orange paint and cause property destruction.. Misdemeanor charge only!!

Oh My God!!! I actually did not side with the cops on this!!! I must be sick!! :lol: I ALWAYS take side with the cops!!!

Drake

imported post

Wow, this is sad. The response defidently wasn't reasonable. The number of people who lack common sense never stops to amaze me. This is like the "aqua team hunger force" bomb scare.

Just an interesting note .... anthax ISN'T that dangerious of a pathogen. There is a fear of terrorist using anthrax because it is easily obtained. I am sure any bio-major knows enough to find anthrax in the soil, isolate it, and create spores. But despite how easy it is to obtain, the ability for anthrax to infect and kill large numbers of people is incredibly low.
I would rather be exposed to anthrax spores than some home-made bomb.

Neplusultra

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
Oh My God!!! I actually did not side with the cops on this!!! I must be sick!! :lol: I ALWAYS take side with the cops!!!

Hey, everyone slips up once in a while.

I don't understand the people who were charged, seriously. Instead of cowtowing to the city I would be suing them for big bucks and making them look like "hyterical bedwetters".

AbNo