Thread: sunshine hills

Post imported post

went to sunshine hills over at tannersville on friday as i was in the area for a few days,,first experience was terrible,,very rude lady at the front desk...the rest of the range staff were great, very helpful,,recieved a copy of the range rules ,and the rude front desk lady comes screaming out that ive violated a rule buy having my 11 year old daughter with me at the range...by the way i am an expereienced shooter,,this lady caught a fit cause my daughter was firing with my supervision ,and me holding her hands all the way ,,again this lady screams that i violated a rule so i was not allowed too shoot there anymore,,which rule ? i dont really know as the rule page i have doesnt state anything about not allowing children shoot supervised with there parent,..if anything i was told by an employee there that family memberes were welcomed at the shooting range...anyway my daughter and i packed up and left,,,went back down to allentown,,,more family friendly ranges,,,

Post imported post

Hope you didn't waste too much money there before getting kicked out for teaching your child the right kind of "gun control".

Post imported post

no we didnt stay very long nor did we spend too much of my hard earned $$$,,,but i tell you what ,,im usually in the area visiting some friends who are not gun owners by the way,,they will never get my bussiness again,,

Post imported post

I believe one of their requirements is for the shooter to take a very basic safety course before being allowed to shoot.

If your daughter didn't take the course, then they were in the right. You did violate a rule.

Family members are welcome, but as observers, not shooters.

Post imported post

Yah, I'm there all the time. If *everyone* on the line has not gone through *thier* safety course, they will absolutely toss you out. I'm an experienced shooter also (30 years) and they made me demostrate safe handling, jam clearing, put a few rounds down range, everything. They have to. A great deal of their business comes from from new shooters and if they let an accident happen, they can get fried.

You broke the rules.

And the name of the range is Sunset Hill.
    http://sunsethill.slvrcreek.com/home.htm