Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oakton OC Dinner - 2007

Post Oakton OC Dinner - 2007

After drawing three 911 calls while walking two blocks and several requests, let's have an OC dinner in Oakton!

Famous Dave's BBQ on Sunday 30 September 2007 at 6:30pm? Who likes ribs?

I haven't met any of you before, so you probably won't recognize me. I'll be the one with the gun.

And I know some of you will be disappointed to hear this, but they serve alcohol, so you won't be able to CC, you'll have to OC.

PM me or reply if you're coming, so I can call in the reservation.

Post imported post

nickerj1 wrote:
    After drawing three 911 calls while walking two blocks and several requests, let's have an OC dinner in Oakton!

I haven't met any of you before, so you probably won't recognize me. I'll be the one with the gun.

And I know some of you will be disappointed to hear this, but they serve alcohol, so you won't be able to CC, you'll have to OC.

Where is this?

And, I'll be the other guy with the gun
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good." - George Washington

Post imported post

an address would be nice, as well as a link to the restaurant's website.

Post imported post

Sounds like we need to walk down the street, not eat in a restaurant.

Post imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
    Sounds like we need to walk down the street, not eat in a restaurant.
    maybe you could walk down the street to the restaurant...or go on a little walk afterwards.

Post imported post

roscoe13 wrote:
    nickerj1 wrote:

Where is this?

And, I'll be the other guy with the gun
    Map with location:
    http://tinyurl.com/34d3u9

Restaurant website menu:
    http://www.famousdaves.com/menu.cfm

They have fairly reasonable prices. I think it's 15 bucks for a large ribs platter.

Post imported post

I'll probably be there

Post imported post

I've never been to Dave's, and drool every time I pass one. *drool* Count me in for a dinner, I missed the last VCDL meeting because I was watching TV and forgot which night it was. : (
    -Unrequited

Post imported post

If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

Yea count me in, im new to the OC dinner aswell. Ill be packing my glock 19 in its fresh holster :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate.

Post imported post

I'm in.

Anyone want to plink at NRA after dinner?

Post imported post

the hours of NRA are crappy on sundays. Are they open? if they are then deffenitly but I think the close at 8ish? if they close at 10 like they usually do then yes! Of course someone will have to buy me 9mm ammo still not old enough to buy.

Post imported post

Right you are, they close @ 7pm.

Post imported post

Just so we know whose who at the dinner I would appreciate if you will just post the gun you will be OCing along with your first name so I can know whose who. So we can at least match up names with what gun they are carrying. (First timer I know >_&lt. Ill start it off. Im Chris and will be carrying a Glock 19 on the right side and im 19.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

nickerj1 wrote:

No offense, but I don't think having an OC dinner in the samepolice district is an appropriate or even effective response to several 911 calls and questionable police conduct. There is no sense ingoing out in force as the first response. Especially in Fairfax County--the police in Fairfax Co. have generally been professional. These aren't Manassas or Norfolk PD.

The unprofessionalismmerits a FOIA for the 911 call recordings to see what the police officer was told, and a complaint.

Have an OC dinner. Just disconnect it from the Oakton Terry Stop. And have it somewhere else to avoid confrontationalism.

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    nickerj1 wrote:

No offense, but I don't think having an OC dinner in the samepolice district is an appropriate or even effective response to several 911 calls and questionable police conduct. There is no sense ingoing out in force as the first response. Especially in Fairfax County--the police in Fairfax Co. have generally been professional. These aren't Manassas or Norfolk PD.

The unprofessionalismmerits a FOIA for the 911 call recordings to see what the police officer was told, and a complaint.

Have an OC dinner. Just disconnect it from the Oakton Terry Stop. And have it somewhere else to avoid confrontationalism.
    I can't say I totally disagree with Citizen. My initial reaction to this sort of response is that it is a knee-jerk reaction with an 'in your face' type of intent.

Post imported post

not an "in your face" its to hopfully lighten the citizens view on people open carrying. the only reason they think that and the officer acted the way he did is because its not common enough. The more you oc in ffx county and have oc dinners the less "unusual" it seems to other people. Thus, the less reaction and confrontation you get.

Post imported post

cmg266 wrote:
    not an "in your face" its to hopfully lighten the citizens view on people open carrying. the only reason they think that and the officer acted the way he did is because its not common enough. The more you oc in ffx county and have oc dinners the less "unusual" it seems to other people. Thus, the less reaction and confrontation you get.
    That is frikken hysterical!!! glad you enlightened them cmg, some people 'round here don't know anything about OC.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

cmg266 wrote:
    A very quick way to enlighten is to send a complaint, well worded and civil, reminding that dispatchers are supposed to ask what the man is doing with the gun, and having the police reminded at roll call that OC is legal and mere OC does not merit a Terry Stop.

The dispatchers can tell callers that OC is legal. The officers can learn not to Terry Stop for mere OC.

Once these are done, every caller gets educated by the dispatchers. And a police officer who missed the earlier briefing or forgot stops Terry Stopping for mere OC. What more canwe ask for?

Much better sequence in that it addresses the exact problems.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Just to be on the safe side, why not call the police station and let them know OC'iers going to be there have a good time and there is no need for police presense. I bet the dispatcher would love it.That way police will know that its ok to open carry in VA. I bet some officers still dont know.

Post imported post

yea run it through roll call at the sunday meeting just to be an teh safe side SO people names?!?!?! guns @?@?@? how can I recognize you? No I wont be looking for :celebrateso dont try it!

Post imported post

cmg266 wrote:
    I agree. The more OC is done, the less unusual it is for someone to see someone with a gun. Is the appropriate response to bring 20 people to a local restaurant for dinner an appropriate response? I don't know...maybe it is, maybe it isn't....it's all in the perception.

What I take away from this is if I find myself or have an opportunity to be in or around Oakton, I will be sure to OC. Another thing I have taken away from the recent stops/incidents is that the 911 call-takers/dispatchers need to ask more questions about what is going on. It only makes sense to get as much information as possible because LEO lives could 'potentially' be on the line and they need everything they can get in order to respond appropriately.

Just because OC is less unusual in a particular municipality does not necessarily mean that people won't call 911. Therefore, more needs to be done further up the line. Dispatchers and call-takers need to know the law and have the capacity to inform the public calling what is lawful and what is not.

Post imported post

So whats the count were still on right? how many peple are coming just state your first name and what you will be packing so I can know what some of you look like (by the caliber of your weapon.) :?

Post imported post

:X

If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

Agent19 wrote:
    Does anyone know the District station address?? I'll stop by there that am and notify them in person.

This seems unnecessary. There are OC dinners all the time and no one goes and gets permission beforehand. I see no reason not to just go, enjoy an evening, and assume the cops will follow the law. If they don't, show them the law and they'll eventually leave. After that, each person eating can file their own complaint.

What's the big deal? Why treat this dinner different than any other?

--edit--

it seems going around kissing the PD's butt is re-enforcing bad behavior. We don't go around checking in with other PD's....why do it with the bad behaved ones? This is just plain, f***ing stupid. They'll figure out OCers are there soon enough, judging by the volume of phone calls.

Citizen, it's not a one or the other. People can go eat dinner AND go about the normal diplomatic routes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast