• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to OCDO

FogRider

imported post

I see RH XD serpa's in all the shops that sell holsters around here, so I would imagine they would not be hard to find. I bought mine online though, right before the shop where I get a 10% discount started stocking them. I also have a Galco leather holster, and it is way more comfortable, and it is closer to me so it's easier to conceal. The only problem with my leather holster is it has no strap (though you can get one with retention), but it is tight and you have to draw pretty much strait out, so I don't worry about retention to much.

Johnboy

imported post

just went down and applied for my CPL. they say i should get it within 7 days and at the most 10. :celebrate hopefully its less than that, but oh well, at least i finally will have it.

nofoa

imported post

I living in Arlington and it took them 64 days to get my CPL, i had to pester them 3 times. I've lived in Washington my entire life. I heard some places, people are walking out the same day with there liscense.

I am a free and thinking individual, i shouldn't need anyone's permission to carry a weapon.

joeroket

imported post

nofoa wrote:
I living in Arlington and it took them 64 days to get my CPL, i had to pester them 3 times. I've lived in Washington my entire life. I heard some places, people are walking out the same day with there liscense.

I am a free and thinking individual, i shouldn't need anyone's permission to carry a weapon.
Wow. On day 31 I would have called DOL and talked to them. The law requires it to be issued in no more than 30 days.

FogRider

imported post

nofoa wrote:

About 2.5 months in Aurora, CO. :( The deputy there said they were running way behind. In July of this year they already had as many applications as all of last year.

nofoa

imported post

They kept giving me the "your cpl still is in the proper signature loop." I could have bitched and whined but that wouldn't have helped.

APD finally called me the other day to say it was ready and i picked it up an hour later.

Johnboy

imported post

i hope it doesnt take that long. the older gentalman at the counter said it usually takes no more than 7 days. rarely has it taken more than 10.

amlevin

imported post

By law they have to issue within 30 days unless you are a non-resident. That is of course providing there were no reasons not to issue.

You now have the CPL so it is moot but for those in Washington that are waiting over 30 days I would be checking in and asking why. Might even point out the 30 day provision of the Law.

Johnboy

imported post

they lady that did all my paperwork and fingerprinting said that they have UP TO 30 days, which means, im assuming, that it wont take any longer.

amlevin

imported post

Johnboy wrote:
they lady that did all my paperwork and fingerprinting said that they have UP TO 30 days, which means, im assuming, that it wont take any longer.
She can say anything she wants but this is what the LAW says:

[align=right][/align]
(1) The chief of police of a municipality or the sheriff of a county shall within thirty days after the filing of an application of any person, issue a license to such person to carry a pistol concealed on his or her person within this state for five years from date of issue, for the purposes of protection or while engaged in business, sport, or while traveling. However, if the applicant does not have a valid permanent Washington driver's license or Washington state identification card or has not been a resident of the state for the previous consecutive ninety days, the issuing authority shall have up to sixty days after the filing of the application to issue a license. The issuing authority shall not refuse to accept completed applications for concealed pistol licenses during regular business hours.

Some departments (Marysville for example) made it a policy to hold the permit and mail on the 30th day, regardless of background check results.

If they have had your application over 30 days, you have a valid drivers license, you pass the residency requirement, and they can't show that you have been rejected through the background check, go to the office and request your CPL there and now. If they refuse, ask to speak with the Chief. If he refuses, contact the AG's office and file a complaint.

The law says "within 30 days" and it was put there to prevent stalling or the traditional political BS that existed before the law was enacted.

nofoa

imported post

Of course we don't see any listed punishments for not issuing in a timely fashion. It would be nice if we got our 60 bucks back. Like when the pizza guy is late.

sccrref

imported post

amlevin wrote:
By law they have to issue within 30 days unless you are a non-resident. That is of course providing there were no reasons not to issue.

You now have the CPL so it is moot but for those in Washington that are waiting over 30 days I would be checking in and asking why. Might even point out the 30 day provision of the Law.
What is one more broken law to those who enforce it when it is committed by the establishment?:shock:

Johnboy

imported post

WOO HOO!!!! *ahem* today is a damn good day. though i had to work, i got off early. no traffic on the way, pulled into my driveway, checked the mail. nothing in there. as im opening up the gate the mail lady comes pulling up. so i walk over and look at what i got. and what do you know, right on top of the stack, my concealed license! im in such a better mood now. :celebrate

Forty-five

imported post

Lonnie Wilson wrote:
...XD45, good choice, Unfortunately there isn't too tremendous amount of selection yet...
I have a Galcofor my XD45 service that I am happy with. I believe it is the concealable belt holster (CON440B). I carry openly and concealed with it.