• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

firearm software ?

vic2367

imported post

does anyone use any kind of software for there firearms ? if so what ? am looking for something that keeps track of my shots fired ,maintance,date purchased ,,stuff like that ,,

IanB

imported post

I used a nifty program offered by Remington to calculatebullet impact points for my AR15. This is necessary because I have a red dot scope mounted on the carry handle, which puts the dot about 4" above the rifle bore. Due to this height difference, a zeroed shot at 50 yards will be way high at 150 yards. (The rifle bore being 4" lower than dot causes rifle to shoot slightly upward to compensate for 4" sight difference, which is amplified over greater distances until gravity pulls bullet trajectory back to earth.)

Program is here

Marco

imported post

no software just an old fashion manila folder, spiral note book and receipts

all my purchases were tax deductible

vic2367

imported post

bayboy42 wrote:
I'd be happy to wip you up a nice Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet that should handle what you want to input.
id highly appreciate it ,,,as i woudnt know where to start if id try and make one ,,,