• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I'm pleased with the Chesterfield PD.

armedinrichmond

imported post

A couple months ago, I went to Commonwealth 20 to meet a friend and pick him up from work. As I parked in the parking lot in front of the theater, I took my XD45, which I had purchased a few days earlier, and put it on the Serpa holster on my hip, since my CHP hadn't cleared yet. It was clearly visible - I was wearing khakis and a white t-shirt which contrasted nicely with the big black mass of gun and holster on my hip. I walked past one of Chesterfield's finest, said hi, and recieved a "How ya doing, sir?" I picked up my friend, walked past the cop again and back to my car, and drove off with a new respect for the CCPD. My only regret is not getting his name and writing a letter of appreciation to the department.

Also, I'm considering taping my newly acquired CHP to the back of my driver's license so they'll always be together. Good idea/bad idea?

Lthrnck

imported post

Armed,

I think it might be a bad idea. There may be times when you need to just show your driver's license and not want anyone to know you have a permit/license to carry.

Also some LEO might get not like it if they can't read the back of your DL, if you have your permit/license taped to it.

Just my thoughts.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

FogRider wrote:
Just keep your chp behind you dl in your wallet. Then you will only lose it as often as you lose your dl.
That's what I do. I will ALWAYS know where they are and it's faster to provide it when asked to show it.

Ghettokracker71

imported post

Taping? I think as already stated, while a good idea, I personally wouldn't do it.....

Glad to hear ol arrestafield treated you nice,I was asked to put away my fixed blade knife at c20 by an officer

SicSemperTyrannis

imported post

I'll defer to the officers on the board regarding Virginia law concerning DL's and state ID cards.But in banking, at least, we can ONLY accept an ID that has not been tampered with anyway, and has been removed from your wallet or purse. We are not permitted to view drivers licenses and state ID cards through plastic or while within a wallet or other holder, and we are not permitted to accept ID's that have anything taped or attached to them. I would imagine that taping anything to your DL makes acscertaining the validity of the license more difficult, andmakes reading/scanning the information on the back of the license impossible.

I laminated my CHP at Kinkos for $1.