• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC @ Crackerbarrel, Kingman

Texan

imported post

Good Morning All,

Just wandering if any one has OC at the Crackerbarrel in Kingman? I pass through there a lot and like to stop and eat, however I've never seen any else OC there.

dng

State Researcher
imported post

I've never been to Kingman, and never been to their Crackerbarrel either. But I can tell you this much; if you wait to see someone else OC into a location, the odds are that you will never OC. OC is not exactly common. But don't let that hold you back. Just don't OC in Texas, or you'll be writting us letters from jail.

A

Arizonatexan

imported post

Hello Texan! We lived in Kingman when we were in Arizona. Kingman is a very open carry friendly place. I open carried almost all the time I was there - everyday and everywhere we were legally allowed to do so. We used to eat at Cracker Barrel at least one if not two timesa week and almost always on Sunday because I like their Sunday chicken special. I always open carried in there and never once had a negative encounter. Once in a while a waitress would say something like: "oh you have a gun. What kind is it? Where do I go to take lessons? I would like to open carry too." The manager was always very friendly and and never acted like there was any problem. We were in there so much they got to know us by name. Of course they always recognized me as the Texan with the cowboy hat.Once in a while we'd see someone else open carrying in there. Other patrons would sometimes turn their heads and look, but never did I have a negative encounter in over a year. Go read the February TCDL newsletter. I tell a story about open carrying in Cracker Barrel http://www.txcdl.org. We also used to eat at the TA Truck Stop. I'd almost always see at least a couple of other guys open carrying there. You just have to watch the restaurants that serve alcohol. That was never much of a problem because my wife and I are not big drinkers. The Kingman Walmart seems to be the open carry gathering place. Every time we'd go there we'd see several other folks - men and women open carrying. My wife open carried too, but not as often as I did. She sometimes opted for her cc purse. BTW I carry a Colt .45 ACP Government condition one in a nice leather holster and usually a single leather mag holder on the opposite side. My wife carries a .380 Bersa. Boy, do I miss this about Arizona!

If you get the chance - let us know your experience open carrying there!

Gary Williams, President TCDL

Texan

imported post

Thanks Gentleman, I do OC most of the time when not in Texas, and when I'm in Kingman I always visit Crack Barrel. I have OC there but just never seen others.

I travel a lot in states that do allow OC and have not had any one comment about it. I have been OC'ing for about 15 or so years.

However, I have been told that I do not look very hospitable or friendlyand that might be why, it's not an intentional thing.

I carry a Kimber straight up with 3 mags and flashlight. Some may think this is excessive but, old habits are hard to break.

Hope that Texas will get on the ball and allow OC'ing, I do like both states.

Count

Founder's Club Member
imported post

You cannot carry in places that sell alchohol for on-premise consumption. Kingman cops are cool...they saw me open carrying several times and never said anything except 'Howdy".