• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Glock 19 Birthday Gift

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

In Michigan you can own a handgun at 18, you have to be 21 to get a CPL for concealed carry. Until then you can open carry and use it to hunt at 18. You have to get it registered in your name when you take possesion of it.

muledoe

imported post

nice gun.
As far as OC it on the streets. I would not recommend it until you can geta hold of a lawyer and ask questions and make sure.

Many people will say its good and everything but i have yet to see one person in the downriver detroit area OC. Im a law student and iv even brought this topic up just the other day in class. All my teachers said you will get arrested and convicted. Not one said that they would try it with or without a CPL.

As far as people that do OC, im sure its in a suburb area where not many people reside and you know people on first name bases and what not. But bigger cities like detroit, to be honest i love my life and i wouldn't test them with your life. If someone can prove me wrong and OC in these areas then id love to see it. It would be very interesting. I myself have a CPL and would love to OC but don't really have the balls too. I ask about 6 cops in my city and surround cities. Like i said before all the cops even said that they would arrest you, and most likely draw theirguns to disarm you. That would suck, and be very embarrassing in public.

I know the laws that say certain areas you cant carry, like banks, school and what not. And im aware that those are for people without CPL, but a person with a CPL can conceal carry in all but post office i believe? That is what i have read on here, but my instructor has said even a person with a CPL can NOT conceal carry in all that are listed. Is that right?