• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New CT resident saying hello!

rgaper

imported post

Good afternoon all,

I just wanted to drop in and say hello as my wife and I have just recently moved to Connecticut and are in the process of becoming residents. Having spent most of my life in my native Pennsylvania followed by the last two years living in rural Virginia, I have to be honest that I was less than eager to leave two very pro-2nd Amendment States to come here! On the other hand, my friends and relatives who now either own or are babysitting various firearms apparently deemed too dangerous to be possessed in CT by the CT Legislature are probably pretty happy. It's funny how that AR-15 that I've had for the last 13 years hasn'tgotten angry, walked out of my gun cabinet and killed a bunch of people, butI guess itmight do so up here. I guess those things can just get a mind of their own up here...

Myaim (no pun intended)is to get involved with2nd Amendment issuesin CTand do whatever I can tohelp. While in Pennsylvania, I organized andmanaged campaigns to informPA FFL holders and gun clubsof State-proposed AWB legislation and provide takeaway materials for them to give to customers and/or members. I also worked with several clubs to form Legislative Action committees to be sure that actionable information was getting out in a timely manner. The effectiveness of those campaigns can be partially judged by currently unemployed former State Representatives... not all the credit, but at least I helped!

I have already sent in my membership application for CT Sportsmen and once I gain residency, will apply for a resident pistol permit. I know, I know, I should have applied for one as a non-resident because it's more straight forward and cheaper, but I didn't have time before our move to handle the fingerprinting, notarization and all of that silly stuff.

Best Regards,

Jim