• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gotta love the government...

Okie Outlaw

imported post

I go to the trouble to get a CPL, have asqueeky clean record, andbuy three pistols in the last month. Today I go to pick up two coach shotguns for cowboy action shooting and the FBI puts me on a delay. Yes sir, sell me three pistols without a hitch and then deny me two double-barreled shotguns. I'd like to know the mentality behind this action. :banghead:

Tomahawk

imported post

cut_cutta wrote:
You probably purchased too many guns in too short of a time frame, and got 'marked'. That's my guess, anyway.
Is this a law, or is it another one of those "after 9/11, everything changed, now we make up our own law as we go along" kind of deals?

G27

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
cut_cutta wrote:
You probably purchased too many guns in too short of a time frame, and got 'marked'. That's my guess, anyway.
Is this a law, or is it another one of those "after 9/11, everything changed, now we make up our own law as we go along" kind of deals?
Someone the other day asked why I owned a gun. Just not really in the mood I made a moot joke and said, "9/11." He looked at me seriously and nodded his head. Just thought it was kinda funny that saying 9/11 can get you out of serious trouble! :lol:

Okie Outlaw

imported post

G27 wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
cut_cutta wrote:
Someone the other day asked why I owned a gun. Just not really in the mood I made a moot joke and said, "9/11." He looked at me seriously and nodded his head. Just thought it was kinda funny that saying 9/11 can get you out of serious trouble! :lol:

I was thinking more like 911, not 9/11.

What is that old saying about when seconds count you can depend on a cop to arrive in minutes? :)

expvideo

imported post

cut_cutta wrote:
This is a common misconception, from what I've been told. The letter I got from the FBI regarding the voluntary appeal file said that the FBI deletes the record of the NICS check immediately. The number of guns you purchase should never determine your NICS results. I'd check into the VAF, if I were you, and save yourself some trouble on future purchases.

Okie Outlaw

imported post

expvideo wrote:
cut_cutta wrote:
This is a common misconception, from what I've been told. The letter I got from the FBI regarding the voluntary appeal file said that the FBI deletes the record of the NICS check immediately. The number of guns you purchase should never determine your NICS results. I'd check into the VAF, if I were you, and save yourself some trouble on future purchases.

I answered this on your message thread about the VAF. Done and did. It seem this is the only way to prevent the hassle, because the genie is out of the bottle AFA gun control. It will not get better for us. I only hope it does not get worse. I vote against anyone advocating stronger gun control.

It will be interesting to see what Arnie does down in CA with the microstamping bill in front of him.

compmanio365

imported post

G27 wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
cut_cutta wrote:
Reminds me of that Family Guy episode where Lois runs for mayor and finds out that the way to win is just say "9/11" over and over to get people riled up......so funny......and yet so true......