• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry in WV

demonslaer

imported post

it is legal in all of WV . according to the state police & the attorney general . howeverthey saidbe prepared to be stopped by LEOs .. they asked me why I would want to oc? I just said . Its my right to oc . :celebratethe only place you can't oc is at any federal buildings,banks or places with singes stating no firearms . when I told them I was a member opencarry.org and they just sorta ended the conversation ! :shock:

sv7006`

imported post

you are allowed to open carry in banks as long as they don't have sign saying otherwise. Also from reading in the forums you cannot open carry in Charleston or Dunbar for now, but this is being fought against do hopefully we will be able to oc there in the near future.

in short though you are good pretty much anywhere in the state except those two cities.