• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shooting areas in Pierce county/Mt. Rainier?

Sharpender

imported post

Hello all...can someone recommend some legal outdoor shooting areas in or aroundPierce County/Mt. Rainier? I'm not interested in gun clubs with outdoor ranges. When I lived in CA a buddy and I would head to the desert with 9s, shotguns, an SKS, a MAC90, anda couple of propane tanks straped with flares...lots of fun!

Anyway, not looking to blow anything up here in Washington, I would just like a place to target shoot without a rangemaster looking over my shoulder.

Thanks!

compmanio365

imported post

Up east of Greenwater as you're heading into the mountains, east of Enumclaw. Only area I know of that's still rural enough to allow for that. I plan on going up sometime soon before it starts snowing and they shut down the road.

Mainsail

imported post

I know of two great spots down near Oly, one of them is near Capitol Forest.

N 47° 03.579 W 123° 10.792 is a shooting pit on Simpson Paper land. If the gate is closed you’ll have to walk in, it’s to the left about 50 yards from the gate.

just_a_car

imported post

How about starting a thread for open-pit shooting areas around W. Washington?...

I have been to one that was out passed Mount Vernon in the Cascades, but never been to any others and wouldn't know how to get back to that one. I've been wanting to get out to a 'free' range to shoot my semi-auto rifles without restrictions on how fast I can fire.

Mightybigjosh

imported post

I know a few good spots up north we can shoot at. One just outside of Oak Harbor and one on HW 20off Baker lake Rd. Both spots are good for small groups of people(parking issues) and great for long range, semi-auto, shotguns... just no explosives, ok!!!

Make sure you clean up after yourselves too. I like going to these places but if you trash them, they will close them down like I've seen so many times before.

compmanio365

imported post

We should set up a meet where we can all go shooting without range restrictions. I would be willing to drive a ways to get somewhere where I could practice how I wanted without range mastersbreathing down my neck.

GreatWhiteLlama

imported post

Sounds like this is going to get really popular really quick :)

I'd like to go with someone as well. I plan on getting my DPMS AP4 within the next couple of weeks and I would like to go someplace where I can shoot it like it was meant to be shot.

amlevin

imported post

T-RaV wrote:
Sounds like this is going to get really popular really quick :)

I'd like to go with someone as well. I plan on getting my DPMS AP4 within the next couple of weeks and I would like to go someplace where I can shoot it like it was meant to be shot.
Iraq is a place that comes to mind followed by Afghanistan, Lebanon, The Gaza Strip. Also Washington DC, LA, New York:lol::lol: