Thread: Nevada Announces Reciprocity List

Founder's Club Member - Moderator Gray Peterson's Avatar

Post imported post

Nevada Reciprocity List Announced

Of all of those states, only Utah is the one where any resident of the country can get a license. Now Utah licenses give you an additional state (on top of Minnesota) to go with.

*schedules his Utah CFP course pronto*

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Overall, I'm pretty disappointed at the list of states recognized. The good news is that a Utah non-resident is pretty painless and inexpensive to get.

Post imported post

Well at least mine is one of them...
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Post imported post

It's rather crazy that Texas isn't included, but Arkansas and Louisiana are. All three states are pretty much equal; Arkansas was the first state Texas recognized for reciprocity, and Louisiana was second.

I've read that it's because the 10 hour Texas CHL course doesn't explicitly cover "gun safety", even though it includes a shooting proficiency test.

Silly distinction. I'm sure AG Greg Abbott will be on the phone to his NV counterpart, trying to work things out.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

The omission both of Texas and Arizona is unfortunate. At least we have a place to start from, though. Now that we have a "foot in the door" on reciprocity, I hope we can keep the pressure on the legislature.

Post imported post

definitely not the list i was expecting. i really expected to see texas and florida on that list. at least it's a start. hopefully more states are added next year. maybe in the 2009 legislative session we can get a more lax reciprocity law passed to allow even more states.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Aside from a vocal minority, Nevada is really still a pretty pro-gun state. Our local media praises citizen self-defense stories, law enforcement doesn't generally give people a hard time, and we have some legislators firmly committed to citizen gun rights.

My suspicion is that this is a little like the progression of CCW laws here. Once we have reciprocity for a few years and people see that blood is not running in the streets, just as it wasn't when shall-issue CCW was passed, we'll probably get more states.

The two biggest obstacles we have here are Bernie Anderson and the police politicians. Specifically the Nevada Chiefs' and Sherrifs' Association. The actual officers are generally decent guys, but their politician bosses are a bunch of left-leaning control freaks.

Perhaps the voting public will start seeing Bernie and the NCSA's scare tactics for what they really are.

Post imported post

[quote]

Post imported post

[quote]

Post imported post

NIIIICE :celebrate

Thank you Lonnie,for making my day. I can finally go to Nevada. I haven't been there for 9 years and 2 months. I don't go to States that don't validate my CFP.

Now I can finally go

Post imported post

Here is a direct link to Nevada Department of Public safety:celebrate

http://nvrepository.state.nv.us/Spec...W_CHANGE.shtml

Post imported post

bobernet wrote:
    Aside from a vocal minority, Nevada is really still a pretty pro-gun state. Our local media praises citizen self-defense stories, law enforcement doesn't generally give people a hard time, and we have some legislators firmly committed to citizen gun rights.

My suspicion is that this is a little like the progression of CCW laws here. Once we have reciprocity for a few years and people see that blood is not running in the streets, just as it wasn't when shall-issue CCW was passed, we'll probably get more states.

The two biggest obstacles we have here are Bernie Anderson and the police politicians. Specifically the Nevada Chiefs' and Sherrifs' Association. The actual officers are generally decent guys, but their politician bosses are a bunch of left-leaning control freaks.

Perhaps the voting public will start seeing Bernie and the NCSA's scare tactics for what they really are.
    Everyone in Northern Nevada needs to work to make sure Bernie isn't re-elected next time. According to several assemblypeople, once Bernie is gone it will bemuch easier to pass pro-gun legislation, and they intend to as soon as he's out of the picture.