• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

09/26/07 - Carroll County attempts to ban guns in government

SIGguy229

imported post

No one seems to figure out all of these shootings have happened in GFZs---sounds like the county is committing reckless endangerment by creating a GFZ--because that is where all the shootings are happening.

bobcat

imported post

No one seems to figure out all of these shootings have happened in GFZs---sounds like the county is committing reckless endangerment by creating a GFZ--because that is where all the shootings are happening.
Seems this could be turned into an opportunity to discourage GFZ's if a lawsuit were filed. Well, might seem silly, but that's how the libs operate, why not turn it around on them? Yeah, I know it takes a pot of FRN's, but maybe not if one could find a pro RKBA attorney to do it pro bono or better yet an RKBA org to ante up?

Just a wild and crazy idea. I get so tired of the supposed 'protected nature' of a GFZ... or should it be called a ViDZ -Victim Disarmament Zone?

imperialism2024

imported post

bobcat wrote:
Seems this could be turned into an opportunity to discourage GFZ's if a lawsuit were filed. Well, might seem silly, but that's how the libs operate, why not turn it around on them? Yeah, I know it takes a pot of FRN's, but maybe not if one could find a pro RKBA attorney to do it pro bono or better yet an RKBA org to ante up?

Just a wild and crazy idea. I get so tired of the supposed 'protected nature' of a GFZ... or should it be called a ViDZ -Victim Disarmament Zone?
I've been saying for a while that the families of the victims of the Virginia Tech incident should sue the school for banning guns, which was a negligent and/or reckless act that led to the deaths.

TrueBrit

imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
bobcat wrote:

I've been saying for a while that the families of the victims of the Virginia Tech incident should sue the school for banning guns, which was a negligent and/or reckless act that led to the deaths.

Imp, I agree 100%, and have posted in similar vein else where on this forum in the past. Sadly ,the devil's advocates here have pointed out that the students were free to go to school elsewhere, or abide by school rules. Outrageous crap,sure, but surely symptomatic of the way in which property rights trump basic human rights in our society today. I have NEVER been able to figure out how rendering folks defenceless makes them safer!

TrueBrit.

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

TrueBrit,+1. I still can't see how these folks see that putting a "law" into place that bans law-abiding citizens from having a gun, will solve the threat of a "mass-shooting" or any other type of crime from occuring. It makes me nuts to keep hearing this from these people. when will they relealize that Bad Guys don't follow the law? AARGH!!

(I still had a great time in yourhomeland, last month! Keep telling lots of fun stories)

imperialism2024

imported post

DoubleR wrote:
TrueBrit,+1. I still can't see how these folks see that putting a "law" into place that bans law-abiding citizens from having a gun, will solve the threat of a "mass-shooting" or any other type of crime from occuring.
The thing is, though, these bans don't just not prevent mass shootings from occurring. They encourage mass shootings through ensuring the intended victims are unarmed. That's the basis I'd like to use to take civil action...

TrueBrit

imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
DoubleR wrote:
TrueBrit,+1. I still can't see how these folks see that putting a "law" into place that bans law-abiding citizens from having a gun, will solve the threat of a "mass-shooting" or any other type of crime from occuring.
The thing is, though, these bans don't just not prevent mass shootings from occurring. They encourage mass shootings through ensuring the intended victims are unarmed. That's the basis I'd like to use to take civil action...

Fellers, I am cynical enough to believe that these atrocities are like MANNA FROM HEAVEN to the gun grabbers. They NEED these tragedies so that they can dance in the blood of the slain, and demand ever more stringent gun regulation. The college ninjas would mostly be out of a job if all of the students packed defensive weaponry, and this holds good for most of the alphabet soup LE agencies, if more folks took responsibility for their own safety. All about job security, really.

No one would like to see the VT poo bahs get hammered into oblivion with BIG lawsuits more than I would. We can only hope....

TrueBrit.

imperialism2024

imported post

TrueBrit wrote:
imperialism2024 wrote:
DoubleR wrote:

Fellers, I am cynical enough to believe that these atrocities are like MANNA FROM HEAVEN to the gun grabbers. They NEED these tragedies so that they can dance in the blood of the slain, and demand ever more stringent gun regulation. The college ninjas would mostly be out of a job if all of the students packed defensive weaponry, and this holds good for most of the alphabet soup LE agencies, if more folks took responsibility for their own safety. All about job security, really.
Naturally. Just like how if the NRA succeeded in granting full, uninfringed rights to keep and bear arms to the American people, they would no longer have a purpose and thus the organization would fold. But that's for another discussion... :lol:

Really, though, whenever I hear that there's been another murder in this area, which happens fairly often in the sh!thole known as Allentown, the first thing I think is, "God, I hope the attacker didn't use a gun."

Demarest

imported post

bobcat wrote:
In Ohio, we call them CPZs. Criminal Protection Zones. Anytime you hear somebody say safer on the subject of firearms, they're not finishing their sentences. They mean safer... for criminals.

ANYBODY who provides for the criminals should be treated as one and impeached for their high crime against their constituency.