• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

3" XD holsters?

Ghettokracker71

imported post

I have a blackhawk,and the D gear holster (wich I actually like,its fobus w00t.) but I'm looking for some more options here,and keep seeing alot of stuff for the 4" models,but no the 3" models...if I had known it woulda been this hard I'da just bought the damn 4" barrel

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

The Blackhawk Serpa is a great holster (level 2 retention) that fits all XD's. Comes with a paddle attachment as well.

VAopencarry

imported post

The 3" will fit the 4" but holster makers seem to think 1 size fits all and market 1 holster for all length's, like people shouldn't care if it''s too long. I also have a Wild Bill's that is made for the 3".

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

Ghettokracker71 wrote:
I have a blackhawk,and the D gear holster (wich I actually like,its fobus w00t.) but I'm looking for some more options here,and keep seeing alot of stuff for the 4" models,but no the 3" models...if I had known it woulda been this hard I'da just bought the damn 4" barrel

I guess to better answer your question, where do you carry? OWB? IWB? Looking for any level of retention?

Here's a link to that SERPA for the XD -- I have one and love it.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/38928-47855-2393.html

Ghettokracker71

imported post

Thanks for all the links,guys.

Its a two toned Xd .40S&W cal w/the 3" barrel, aka the subcompact. I'm looking for a couple of different holster styles,I only carry OWB right now butttttttt I might want to try IWB,and shoulder and smart carry stlye.... I'm concerned about shoulder/smart carry since I sweat alot. Taking CHP class oct 13 w00t

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

I have a Galco leather holster for my Kimber that I really like. I usually carry the Glock in a Serpa, but the leather looks nicer on dress clothing.

Galco.jpg

jeepinbanditrider

imported post

You can chop down the Serpa holster (it fits the 4" guns perfectly) by one inch for the SC model XDs. Just run some tape around the bottom one inch up and take a dremel and follow the line of the tape.:celebrate

WhiteRabbit22

imported post

Thanks for the link to the Serpa Holster. I just bought one, with some other goodies. I was getting sick of the XDGear holster that came with it, it's very uncomfortable, and I've only had the gun a few days.

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

Glad you like it -- just be sure to practice with it a bit to get that natural draw. I had an issue drawing in an IPSC competition with it yesterday simply due to lack of practice.

Meh.

WhiteRabbit22

imported post

As long as it's more comfortable than this God forsaken XDGear holster, I'm willing to put practice into it. Plus, I would like some retention, not just a slot to slip the gun into.

WhiteRabbit22

imported post

lol, so am I. It presses against my hip and gives me a bruise. I don't think it's balanced very well. I just got back from Winn Dixie OCing and my hip hurts like a bitch.

vmathis12019

State Researcher
imported post

You could just trim down the blackhawk with a dremmel tool or something, sand the edges down, and maybe heat them to smoothe them (read somewhere else that someone did this). Just a suggestion.

WhiteRabbit22

imported post

I was thinking about doing that. I could just put holes in one side and mount it to my center console, readily drawable from the driver's seat.

WhiteRabbit22

imported post

That'd be cool, but I got the 870 sittin right next to my desk within arms length if needed.

WhiteRabbit22

imported post

OMG I got my Serpa today, it's a thousand times more comfortable and much less noticeable than the XD holster. I'll still put the XD holster to good use though.

FogRider

imported post

WhiteRabbit22 wrote:
OMG I got my Serpa today, it's a thousand times more comfortable and much less noticeable than the XD holster. I'll still put the XD holster to good use though.
I've had one for a month or so now, and today I got my thigh rig for it. Gotta say I love it. "Cheesy" would be a compliment when describing the XD Gear holster.