• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

DownSize DC Alert!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

REAL ID is unamerican and will lead to mission creep for these documents if it ever gets implemented.

If REAL ID is implemented among the several states, the federal government will eventually decide to require these tokens to buy or carry a gun.

Take Action in all the states where you live, work, or go to school: http://action.downsizedc.org/wyc.php?cid=30

Stop REAL ID it now while we still can!

vermonter

imported post

I hope all you "follow the party" voters have learned one from this 8 year experience. Perhaps in '08 gun owners will vote for a REAL American like Ron Paul (Republican)who has CONSISTANTLY voted to protect your rights, instead of who the party "chooses" for you. If he's not nominated WRITE HIM IN on your ballot and send a CLEAR message!

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

casullshooter

imported post

If we write him in the clear message will be ,President Hillary Rodham Clinton . I wasted a vote on Perot in 1992 . I won't be doing that again.........

I like Ron Paul and he will get my vote if he wins the nomination but only then .

#1 Priority is to keep the Dems out of the White House (especially HRC) .

BarryKirk

Opt-Out Members
imported post

I will vote for Ron Paul because he is the best, make that, the only candidate.

Last election we didn't have a choice. Both Bush and Kerry were not choices.

This time aroundif it's a choice ofGiuliani and Clinton, that's not a choice either.

As for Perot,voting for himwasn't a wasted vote. He lost, but it wasn't a wasted vote. Back than the American people were fed up with the non choice of Republican vs Democrat. They are still fed up with the non choice. In fact, I would not be surprised if they aren't more fed up.

Back in Perot's day, the mainstream media provided the vast majority of information to the public. These days, the internet has provided a legitimate alternative.

So, if Giuliani and Clinton win their respective party nominations and Ron decides to throw his hat in the independent ring. He may have a decent shot at winning.

In fact that would be a much bigger win than winning under the Republican ticket. It would send a much stronger message and it would open the flood gates for independents having a chance.

Both the Republican and Democratic parties are rigged power systems. They conspire together to give people the impression that they are the only game in town.

The Republican power brokers fear Ron Paul because he would shift power from the party eliteback to it's rightful owners, the American people.

But Independent President Ron Paul would be much more effective than Republican President Ron Paul. The Republican party leadership is taking a gamble in trying to marginalize Ron Paul.

A

Arizonatexan

imported post

This is the reply I received from Senator Hutchinson when I followed the downsizedc.org link and wrote concerning the Real ID Act.

Dear Mr Williams:

Thank you for contacting me regarding the REAL ID Act of 2005. I welcome your thoughts and comments on this issue.

The REAL ID Act of 2005 was introduced by Congressman James Sensenbrenner (R-WI) in an effort to bring attention to a number of immigration and border security issues which were not addressed in the national intelligence overhaul legislation, S. 2845, passed by Congress and signed into law by President Bush in December 2004.

Specifically, the REAL ID Act of 2005 would give judges broader discretion in evaluating individuals seeking asylum, expand the definition of terrorist-related illegal immigration, and give the Secretary of Homeland Security greater authority to curb the flow of illegal immigrants along the southern border. In addition, the bill would require all applicants for state-issued identification and driver's licenses to prove their lawful presence in the U.S., establish minimum standards to which all state-issued driver's licenses and identification cards must conform, and encourage the sharing of electronic driver's license data among states.

The REAL ID Act of 2005 was passed by Congress as a part of H.R. 1268, the 2005 Emergency Supplemental Appropriations Act for Defense, the Global War on Terror, and Tsunami Relief, and was signed into law by President Bush on May 11, 2005.

I appreciate hearing from you and hope you will not hesitate to keep in touch on any issue of concern to you.

Sincerely,
Kay Bailey Hutchison

sjhipple

imported post

casullshooter wrote:
If we write him in the clear message will be ,President Hillary Rodham Clinton . I wasted a vote on Perot in 1992 . I won't be doing that again.........

I like Ron Paul and he will get my vote if he wins the nomination but only then .

I wasted my vote on Bush in 2004. I won't be doing that again.........

The best thing that ever happened to the Bush presidency was the 2006 election. He actually vetoed a bad spending bill this week :what:.

Bush and the Repubs in Congress proved once in for all that the party in power makes no difference. I don't care if Hillary's president. If she is, maybe the Repubs will remember what it means to be a CONSERVATIVE.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Arizonatexan wrote:
This is the reply I received from Senator Hutchinson when I followed the downsizedc.org link and wrote concerning the Real ID Act.

Dear Mr Williams:

Thank you for contacting me regarding the REAL ID Act of 2005. I welcome your thoughts and comments on this issue.

The REAL ID Act of 2005 was introduced by Congressman James Sensenbrenner (R-WI) in an effort to bring attention to a number of immigration and border security issues which were not addressed in the national intelligence overhaul legislation, S. 2845, passed by Congress and signed into law by President Bush in December 2004.

Specifically, the REAL ID Act of 2005 would give judges broader discretion in evaluating individuals seeking asylum, expand the definition of terrorist-related illegal immigration, and give the Secretary of Homeland Security greater authority to curb the flow of illegal immigrants along the southern border. In addition, the bill would require all applicants for state-issued identification and driver's licenses to prove their lawful presence in the U.S., establish minimum standards to which all state-issued driver's licenses and identification cards must conform, and encourage the sharing of electronic driver's license data among states.

The REAL ID Act of 2005 was passed by Congress as a part of H.R. 1268, the 2005 Emergency Supplemental Appropriations Act for Defense, the Global War on Terror, and Tsunami Relief, and was signed into law by President Bush on May 11, 2005.

I appreciate hearing from you and hope you will not hesitate to keep in touch on any issue of concern to you.

Sincerely,
Kay Bailey Hutchison
In other words, I'm supporting it and you can shut up and color, eh?

I couldn't get the link to work at all.

TrueBrit

imported post

LMAO!

I apologise , this is indeed a serious business, mission creep and thin end of the wedge being the problem here,as Mike has opined earlier.

It is just that the vision of our long tall Texan comrade,with his courtly manners, European education and articulate ways, sitting down with a colouring book and crayons tickles the bejabers out of me!

Forgive me. I will add "Shut up and colour !" to my repertoire of American phrases, many of which still horrify yet fascinate me !

"I hope yer dog dies!" is a favourite here in KY ! Together with, "Aw,c'mon down off the Cross, will ya!":shock:

Sorry about the off topic stuff, could not resist!

Kudos to the Texan for writing to the old gal anyway !

TrueBrit.

Tomahawk

imported post

TrueBrit wrote:
Forgive me. I will add "Shut up and colour !" to my repertoire of American phrases, many of which still horrify yet fascinate me !

"I hope yer dog dies!" is a favourite here in KY ! Together with, "Aw,c'mon down off the Cross, will ya!":shock:
Those are nothing compared to the ones I learned in the service, which cannot be reprinted here...

A

Arizonatexan

imported post

Tess wrote:

That's right Tess. Don't you just love the way they state everything in a cloud of rhetoric. Instead of "riding the fence" or "beatin' around the bush" (there's a couple more for your collection TrueBrit) why can't they just come on out with it and say what they mean? I guess it's because if something back fires they can come back and say their statements were misinterpreted or misunderstood.

Gary

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Those are nothing compared to the ones I learned in the service, which cannot be reprinted here...

Ain't that the truth! And I wasn't even a Marine!

The Donkster

imported post

Tess wrote:

If you can get the link to work, you might try sounding off about it totheesteemed Congressman --and aspiring US Senator from Virginia-- from our own 11th Congressional District.

Tom Davis (R-VA) is the author and chief architect of Real ID, and the guy most likely to beour Republican Senate candidatein 08if hegets up the gumption to facethe younger Warner, and gets his party to agree to put him up in a primary.

He is a bit busy at the moment, but I am sure he will get to you eventually. . . .

Donk

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

The Donkster wrote:
SNIP He is a bit busy at the moment, but I am sure he will get to you eventually. . . .

Donk
I did already. Months ago. I got a thoughtless, canned response. I vaguely recall something about "protecting Americans" and strengthening safety or some such.

I didn't realize he was a driving force behind it. What a politically opportunistic schmuck.

casullshooter

imported post

Davis is also behind DC Statehood by a mere vote even though it was created by a constitutional amendment and would require the same to undo it if the law is followed . Politicians(most, not all) seem to have no problem setting aside the constituiton when it suits their whim.

Davis=RINO like his dimwitted wife Senator DD