• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Here's an idea for the No Guns businesses.

DJ TURNz

imported post

I was reading a thread in the Pennsylvania section about not patronizing a certain mall due to them not allowing weapons. It reminded me of something I heard on the radio the other day.
I know that we all try to find out which businesses do not allow guns, and some people pass out the NoGUNS=No Money cards, and some call the store manager to discuss it further.

The ideaI heard was to also obtain the fax number of the store and to fax a copy of any receipt from a competitor to the store to show them money they could have gotten if it weren't for their policy. And do this EVERY time you spend money at the other store. Of course you would have to also fax an explination as to why you are sending them a copy of your receipt. It may help to drive it home even further.

vmathis12019

State Researcher
imported post

Great... but probably very chargeable as harrassment...

I appreciate and even applaud the premise... it just seems like a good way toget a nasty knock on the door from the local PD serving a restraining order.

Demarest

imported post

Mail a hard copy to the corporate office. That way it hits where it needs to and won't leave you exposed to any harrassment suits. Not that I believe anybody would be at risk anyways; Fax spam is nothing new.

flintknapper

imported post

DJ TURNz wrote:
I was reading a thread in the Pennsylvania section about not patronizing a certain mall due to them not allowing weapons. It reminded me of something I heard on the radio the other day.
I know that we all try to find out which businesses do not allow guns, and some people pass out the NoGUNS=No Money cards, and some call the store manager to discuss it further.

The ideaI heard was to also obtain the fax number of the store and to fax a copy of any receipt from a competitor to the store to show them money they could have gotten if it weren't for their policy. And do this EVERY time you spend money at the other store. Of course you would have to also fax an explination as to why you are sending them a copy of your receipt. It may help to drive it home even further.

Not a bad idea!

I would recommend you save your receipts for a few months and then fax them. It would have a greater visual impact and wouldn't unnecessarily bother the person receiving it.

Just my .02