• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Company Not To Buy From!!

lostone1413

imported post

I was thinking of adding a Laser to my gun. Looking around as to what I wanted I found a company in the city I live in. Here in Arizona being one of the more pro gun states there is a company called Laserlyte. I went to the office intending to check out their products first had. The first thing I see on the door is a NO FIREARMS SIGN. To me it doesn't get anymore hypocritical then to have a business selling gun accessories and have an Anti Gun Policy. I for one will never buy and products they make. If you agree with me pass the word on all the forums your on. If you feel i'm wrong in my feeling so strong let me know

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

lostone1413 wrote:
I was thinking of adding a Laser to my gun. Looking around as to what I wanted I found a company in the city I live in. Here in Arizona being one of the more pro gun states there is a company called Laserlyte. I went to the office intending to check out their products first had. The first thing I see on the door is a NO FIREARMS SIGN. To me it doesn't get anymore hypocritical then to have a business selling gun accessories and have an Anti Gun Policy. I for one will never buy and products they make. If you agree with me pass the word on all the forums your on. If you feel i'm wrong in my feeling so strong let me know

They can't be all that opposed to firearms if they sell gun accessories. If the people behind the business were really opposed to firearms, they'd sell Sarah Brady bumperstickers.

I imagine they have the sign posted because they've had the occasional idiot mishandle a loaded gun, or maybe they wereswept by a muzzle.

Until I knew more, I'd be inclined to accept their judgement temporarily.

PT111

imported post

I think you are probably correct on that. Last week I visited several gun stores that had signs on the door saying to unload all guns before entering. I seems that recently someone brought a gun into one of the stores for repair and while showing it the gun went off and hit one of the employees.

Not all customers have enough sense to be safe and they get a lot of people carrying in gun stores.

smccomas

imported post

The indoorrange I belong to has a big ole sign that says all firearms must be unloaded when entering the store.Reason for this is if you fire on there range you must use there ammo. I am ok with that I keep a spare mag in my shooting side pocket so that when I leave the storeI pop that in and go aboutmy buisness. The owner seems to be ok with this procedure.

markand

imported post

Insurance companies seem to be at the root of some, if not many, of these restrictions. For example, gun shows commonly prohibit loaded firearms at their shows. The reason is that their insurance company won't insure them unless they prohibit loaded guns. No insurance, no show. Gun stores are in much the same predicament. No insurance, no gun store.

Employers and anybody else running a business is virtually certain to be saddled with all kinds of requirements driven purely by their insurance company and the claims and lawsuits the insurance company is trying to avoid. They call that "risk management". Bottom line: No insurance, no business.

All it takes is one careless moron handling a loaded gun that should have stayed in the holster or otherwise touching off a round that shouldn't have been fired to ruin things for everybody. As another poster said, not everybody has enough sense to be safe.

That being said, not everybody reacts in knee-jerk fashion when something goes wrong. I was at a gun store several years ago when a customer who was showing off their nice 1911 style .45 fired a round into the wall. Went between two very expensive rifles without hitting either, and through a wall into a storage closet, bending the tip of a single .223 round in a box of ammo before stopping in the cinder block wall on the other side of the storage room. The guy with the .45 said, "What the *&^% was that??" Store owner calmly replied, "That was your gun going off, dude." And they did ask him to unload the gun. They could have gotten real draconian for everybody, but simply put up a sign later that read, "No handling of loaded guns. No exceptions." Can't say as I blame them.

Don't know what the story is with the Laserlyte guys is. I'm sure that either their insurance company, or a prior bad experience is behind the "no guns" policy. Wouldn't be a bad idea to ask before organizing a boycott.