Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 75

Thread: Open Carry arsenal

  1. #1
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Troy, Alabama, USA
    Posts
    544

    Post imported post

    Alright... I searched for this one, didn't find one about the same thing, and they tend to be pretty fun and start good conversations among members so I am going to implore you all to post a picture of your OC arsenal on this sight.

    I only OC in very very very select areas, but the setup is no different when I CC with this particular gun other than the possibility of a cover garment, or swapping the CQC holster with an Uncle Mike's IWB.

    The gun is the XD .45 compact. I have small hands, so if I carry it with the extended mag (OC only), I don't use the grip extender. I like the smaller grip as it focuses my grip more.

    The "mag pouch" is a Gerber multi-tool pouch actually. It doesn't really fit the mag all that well, as the top won't close... but it's comfy and conceals well.

    Dorcy Tactical Gear Flashlight picked up at Wally World for appx 30 bucks.

    The shades are Oakley Half Jackets. Why? Because they are cool as hell and hide my ever vigilante wandering eyes (that makes us all look suspicious).

    The extra round of .45 is for the +1. Not going out without a full gun:celebrate

    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Lincoln Park, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    48

    Post imported post

    i want to move to a state where i can OC without having to worry if it is legal or not lol. Or getting harrased by LEO.

    I will move to Texas hah

  3. #3
    Regular Member VAopencarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The 'Dena, Mаяуlaпd
    Posts
    2,147
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Toledo, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    245

    Post imported post

    Yeah, but this is a picture thread



    Click on thumbnail for larger image.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,043

    Post imported post

    muledoe wrote:
    i want to move to a state where i can OC without having to worry if it is legal or not lol. Or getting harrased by LEO.

    I will move to Texas hah
    Not if you want to OC.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Lincoln Park, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    48

    Post imported post

    ? I though Texas has an open carry law?

  7. #7
    Regular Member Mainsail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Silverdale, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,532

    Post imported post

    No, I don’t carry all of this.

    Knives: SOG Pentagon and Spyderco Military w/Carbon fiber handle

    Guns: Sig P239 9mm and Sig GSR Revolution 1911 .45

    Holster: Milt Sparks Versa-Max

    Flashlight: Surefire G2

    Sunglasses: Oakley Juliets



  8. #8
    State Researcher Kevin Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Santaquin, Utah, USA
    Posts
    2,313

    Post imported post




    Here is the scoop.

    Kimber Custom II (.45 ACP) in a Glaco holster.
    Glock 23 (.40 S&W) in a Serpa Holster. (My daily carry)
    Glock 26 (9MM) in a Serpa Holster. (My wifes daily carry)
    Walther P22 (.22lr) in an Uncle Mikes Sidekick, also shown is an inside the pants sidekick for the P22.


    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." Robert A. Heinlein

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Home of the Heros, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    418

    Post imported post

    Demarest wrote:
    Yeah, but this is a picture thread



    Click on thumbnail for larger image.
    is this what you carry on your regular belt? WHy you have handcuffs for? Is it ok to carry?

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Lincoln Park, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    48

    Post imported post

    SGT Jensen wrote:



    Here is the scoop.

    Kimber Custom II (.45 ACP) in a Glaco holster.
    Glock 23 (.40 S&W) in a Serpa Holster. (My daily carry)
    Glock 26 (9MM) in a Serpa Holster. (My wifes daily carry)
    Walther P22 (.22lr) in an Uncle Mikes Sidekick, also shown is an inside the pants sidekick for the P22.

    the very bottom on in top a H&K right p200sk?

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Toledo, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    245

    Post imported post

    swatpro911 wrote:
    is this what you carry on your regular belt? WHy you have handcuffs for? Is it ok to carry?
    Not a regular belt; A Wilderness Instructor's belt (I highly recommend it). Only the Glock and its backup magazine are actually on the belt. I carry handcuffs because my CO told me to.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Lincoln Park, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    48

    Post imported post

    Demarest wrote:
    swatpro911 wrote:
    is this what you carry on your regular belt? WHy you have handcuffs for? Is it ok to carry?
    Not a regular belt; A Wilderness Instructor's belt (I highly recommend it). Only the Glock and its backup magazine are actually on the belt. I carry handcuffs because my CO told me to.
    ur CO told u too??

  13. #13
    State Researcher Kevin Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Santaquin, Utah, USA
    Posts
    2,313

    Post imported post

    muledoe wrote:
    SGT Jensen wrote:
    Kimber Custom II (.45 ACP) in a Glaco holster.
    Glock 23 (.40 S&W) in a Serpa Holster. (My daily carry)
    Glock 26 (9MM) in a Serpa Holster. (My wifes daily carry)
    Walther P22 (.22lr) in an Uncle Mikes Sidekick, also shown is an inside the pants sidekick for the P22.
    the very bottom on in top a H&K right p200sk?

    No H&K, read again.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." Robert A. Heinlein

  14. #14
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Troy, Alabama, USA
    Posts
    544

    Post imported post

    Mainsail wrote:
    No, I don’t carry all of this.

    Knives: SOG Pentagon and Spyderco Military w/Carbon fiber handle

    Guns: Sig P239 9mm and Sig GSR Revolution 1911 .45

    Holster: Milt Sparks Versa-Max

    Flashlight: Surefire G2

    Sunglasses: Oakley Juliets

    Nice shades. I'll trade ya!



    Also to Demarest:

    I too was wondering about the handcuffs. Seems like unless you're LEO or Bail Enforcement, they would only serve to get you into trouble. I could see the benefits of them though. Pull on an attacker, he surrenders, you can subdue him via the handcuffs till cops arrive. I ask because my dad (reserve cop) gave me a pair of his cuffs for just such an occasion. I have them in my house, and keep them on my nightstand (assume what you want... they are near my gun....lol) and if ever I hear a bump in the night, they go straight into my pocket. Again, if you're not LEO, it just seems too easy to get slapped with some bogus impersonating a police officer charge.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Lincoln Park, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    48

    Post imported post

    SGT Jensen wrote:
    muledoe wrote:
    SGT Jensen wrote:
    Kimber Custom II (.45 ACP) in a Glaco holster.
    Glock 23 (.40 S&W) in a Serpa Holster. (My daily carry)
    Glock 26 (9MM) in a Serpa Holster. (My wifes daily carry)
    Walther P22 (.22lr) in an Uncle Mikes Sidekick, also shown is an inside the pants sidekick for the P22.
    the very bottom on in top a H&K right p200sk?

    No H&K, read again.
    sorry about that, did not see that post. Looks good though, and very close to the H&K.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Richmond, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    534

    Post imported post

    Two words, boys; MALL NINJAS!

    (Just having fun with y'all!)

    TrueBrit.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Toledo, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    245

    Post imported post

    @vmathis: I said my CO told me to. Draw from that what you will. Frankly, I'd rather it was dropped. My profession is irrelevant. I form my views, share my views, and exercise my rights as a United States citizen and not a ____ or a ____. I'm firmly opposed to even the ILLUSION of a privileged class such as Senator, policeman, etc. These are civil servants and yet they talk about each other as if they're more important than us. Then police who listen to that crap start believing it and mistreating others accordingly. It creates this friction amongst the same side that is totally unnecessary and a complete 180 of what was intended when this nation was founded.

    So it doesn't matter what I do. Handcuffs are legal to own. The end. That isn't meant to be even remotely nasty, but is meant to show exactly how simplistic the truth is

    It reminds me of the very first time I open carried. It was at the now infamous gas station and a guy there asked me if I was a cop. When I said that I wasn't, he then wagered that I must be a bounty hunter. We--ALL of us--need to get past this growth-stunting myth that people have to have a title to have the right to... anything at all. It's part of the reason I carry openly. I want every single person that sees me to know that THEY can carry a gun too. If only half of them followed through and only half of those did so openly, can you imagine the measurable drop in crime? Let the anti-journalists write about the children and how safe they'll be then

  18. #18
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Troy, Alabama, USA
    Posts
    544

    Post imported post

    Demarest wrote:
    @vmathis: I said my CO told me to. Draw from that what you will. Frankly, I'd rather it was dropped. My profession is irrelevant. I form my views, share my views, and exercise my rights as a United States citizen and not a ____ or a ____. I'm firmly opposed to even the ILLUSION of a privileged class such as Senator, policeman, etc. These are civil servants and yet they talk about each other as if they're more important than us. Then police who listen to that crap start believing it and mistreating others accordingly. It creates this friction amongst the same side that is totally unnecessary and a complete 180 of what was intended when this nation was founded.

    So it doesn't matter what I do. Handcuffs are legal to own. The end. That isn't meant to be even remotely nasty, but is meant to show exactly how simplistic the truth is

    It reminds me of the very first time I open carried. It was at the now infamous gas station and a guy there asked me if I was a cop. When I said that I wasn't, he then wagered that I must be a bounty hunter. We--ALL of us--need to get past this growth-stunting myth that people have to have a title to have the right to... anything at all. It's part of the reason I carry openly. I want every single person that sees me to know that THEY can carry a gun too. If only half of them followed through and only half of those did so openly, can you imagine the measurable drop in crime? Let the anti-journalists write about the children and how safe they'll be then
    Point very well received.

    I was not aware that a private citizen could use handcuffs in Alabama while performing a citizen's arrest, but I did some research and found that that is exactly the case. I rely on a good bit of information from LEO friends, and I am becoming more and more convinced that they are much less informed than the average poster on this forum.

    The question was not so much a prying for your occupation, but perhaps a further explanation for your decision to carry handcuffs beyond the very vague "my CO told me to" (not that I wish to invade your privacy and discover information you would otherwise not like to share). As someone with many friends who carry (all concealed, they think I'm crazy for OCing), I have never encountered a private citizen who carried handcuffs. It's probably not a bad idea, and I am in no way criticizing you for doing so. Again, I, as well as swatpro I believe, was simply inquiring as to your motivations (perhaps personal experience, etc...). I completely understand your insistence on privacy and respect your decision not to share that information with us, thus you can officially consider the issue of your occupation and the reason you carry handcuffs dropped.

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Livingston Co., Michigan, , USA
    Posts
    275

    Post imported post

    "I was not aware that a private citizen could use handcuffs in Alabama while performing a citizen's arrest, but I did some research and found that that is exactly the case. I rely on a good bit of information from LEO friends, and I am becoming more and more convinced that they are much less informed than the average poster on this forum."

    I think it more accurate to say the average person on the street may know something that an individual police officer doesn't. The posters here are REALLY interested in gun law & *MAY* know more then some traffic cops do about "gun laws" .

  20. #20
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Troy, Alabama, USA
    Posts
    544

    Post imported post

    Leader wrote:
    "I was not aware that a private citizen could use handcuffs in Alabama while performing a citizen's arrest, but I did some research and found that that is exactly the case. I rely on a good bit of information from LEO friends, and I am becoming more and more convinced that they are much less informed than the average poster on this forum."

    I think it more accurate to say the average person on the street may know something that an individual police officer doesn't. The posters here are REALLY interested in gun law & *MAY* know more then some traffic cops do about "gun laws" .
    Can you please explain to me the circumstances that would make 10+ officers (detectives, traffic cops, even memebers of the Drug Task Force) arrest a man at gunpoint for carrying a gun when he had a license to do so, if of course they do know more about the laws than him? And could you further explain why they had to search their "Pocket Guide to the Alabama Criminal Code" to find what to charge said person with, and then deciding to chargehim under a statue that does not apply because he has a gun permit?

    Perhaps it is an over-generalization, but my experiences, as well as a number of other people's experiences with LEO while carrying, be it concealed or openly, have been unpleasant and sometimes downright alarming due to misinformation on the part of police officers.

    You come down to South Alabama, walk around one of these small towns and I guarantee you (I know Pike County Sheriff's Department will do this for you) that the majority of officers don't even know that you can possess a gun at age 18; they all think it's 21! Same thing with the legal possession of handcuffs. For some reason, at least here, the law is as much based on folklore and imagination as it is on actual written legislation, and the officers charged with understanding and upholding the written legislation seem to have a greater interest inthe imagined than in the written. Don't believe me? Come down here and carry a gun into a bank or on public school property (both not prohibited for carry under alabama law with a permit). You'll see how "well" the police know the laws.

    Now, this is not intended to be a police-bashing rant. I just want to make clear that putting too much faith in the idea that the police know what the laws are is a good way to get your butt thrown in jail, especially when it comes to OCing, at least in Alabama. If I could truly believe that the police were as informed as I was, I wouldn't carry my OWN copy of the Alabama Criminal Code Pocket Guide, as well as a printed copy of the AG opinion about OC in Alabama.

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Mobile, Alabama, USA
    Posts
    341

    Post imported post

    Baby Eagle Compact 9mm (polymer frame, polygonal rifling version) in a Fobus retention paddle holster. I CC at the 4 o'clock and OC* in the 3 o'clock position.

    *Rarely...refer to vmathis' case if you want to know why.





  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Morgan, Utah, USA
    Posts
    2,580

    Post imported post

    vmathis12019 wrote:
    Mainsail wrote:
    No, I don’t carry all of this.

    Knives: SOG Pentagon and Spyderco Military w/Carbon fiber handle

    Guns: Sig P239 9mm and Sig GSR Revolution 1911 .45

    Holster: Milt Sparks Versa-Max

    Flashlight: Surefire G2

    Sunglasses: Oakley Juliets

    Nice shades. I'll trade ya!



    Also to Demarest:

    I too was wondering about the handcuffs. Seems like unless you're LEO or Bail Enforcement, they would only serve to get you into trouble. I could see the benefits of them though. Pull on an attacker, he surrenders, you can subdue him via the handcuffs till cops arrive. I ask because my dad (reserve cop) gave me a pair of his cuffs for just such an occasion. I have them in my house, and keep them on my nightstand (assume what you want... they are near my gun....lol) and if ever I hear a bump in the night, they go straight into my pocket. Again, if you're not LEO, it just seems too easy to get slapped with some bogus impersonating a police officer charge.


    Utah code concerning Citizens Arrest:

    77-7-1 "Arrest" defined - Restraint allowed.

    An arrest is an actual restraint of the person arrested or submission to custody. The person shall not be subjected to any more restraint than is necessary for his arrest and detention.


    77-7-3 By private persons.

    A private person may arrest another:
    (1) For a public offense committed or attempted in his presence; or
    (2) When a felony has been committed and he has reasonable cause to believe the person arrested has committed it.

    77-7-6 Manner of making arrest.

    (1) The person making the arrest shall inform the person being arrested of his intention, cause, and authority to arrest him. Such notice shall not be required when:
    (a) there is reason to believe the notice will endanger the life or safety of the officer or another person or will likely enable the party being arrested to escape;
    (b) the person being arrested is actually engaged in the commission of, or an attempt to commit, an offense; or
    (c) the person being arrested is pursued immediately after the commission of an offense or an escape.
    (2) (a) If a hearing-impaired person, as defined in Subsection 78-24a-1 (2), is arrested for an alleged violation of a criminal law, including a local ordinance, the arresting officer shall assess the communicative abilities of the hearing-impaired person and conduct this notification, and any further notifications of rights, warnings, interrogations, or taking of statements, in a manner that accurately and effectively communicates with the hearing-impaired person including qualified interpreters, lip reading, pen and paper, typewriters, computers with print-out capability, and telecommunications devices for the deaf.
    (b) Compliance with this subsection is a factor to be considered by any court when evaluating whether statements of a hearing-impaired person were made knowingly, voluntarily, and intelligently.
    1995

    77-7-7 Force in making arrest.
    If a person is being arrested and flees or forcibly resists after being informed of the intention to make the arrest, the person arresting may use reasonable force to effect the arrest. Deadly force may be used only as provided in Section 76-2-404 ***.

    77-7-9 Weapons may be taken from prisoner.

    Any person making an arrest may seize from the person arrested all weapons which he may have on or about his person.

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    ***76-2-404. Peace officer's use of deadly force.
    (1) A peace officer, or any person acting by his command in his aid and assistance, is justified in using deadly force when:
    (a) the officer is acting in obedience to and in accordance with the judgment of a competent court in executing a penalty of death under Subsection 77-18-5.5(3) or (4);
    (b) effecting an arrest or preventing an escape from custody following an arrest, where the officer reasonably believes that deadly force is necessary to prevent the arrest from being defeated by escape; and
    (i) the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect has committed a felony offense involving the infliction or threatened infliction of death or serious bodily injury; or
    (ii) the officer has probable cause to believe the suspect poses a threat of death or serious bodily injury to the officer or to others if apprehension is delayed; or
    (c) the officer reasonably believes that the use of deadly force is necessary to prevent death or serious bodily injury to the officer or another person.
    (2) If feasible, a verbal warning should be given by the officer prior to any use of deadly force under Subsection (1)(b) or (1)(c).


    Amended by Chapter 51, 2004 General Session
    Download Code Section Zipped WP 6/7/8 76_02024.ZIP 2,262 Bytes


    [line]
    Sections in this Chapter|Chapters in this Title|All Titles|Legislative Home Page

    Last revised: Thursday, July 19, 2007

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    914

    Post imported post

    I just took a picture of my gear, I'll post it when my room mate emails it to me.

    Updated:



    its blurry, but its a camera phone...

    Glock 19
    Surefire X200-A
    S.O.E. Riggers Belt
    Uncle Mike's 2-mag pouch
    Smith and Wesson Extreme Ops Tanto folder
    ALS Top Cop Pepper Spray
    CPR micro shield on the keys
    90 lumin flashlight and flint/steel
    Smith and Wesson M100 duty cuffs and pouch
    Safariland ALS 6038 retention II holster
    Blackberry 7230

    add a wallet and pocket money to that and its all I have on me... aside from my first aid kit in my backback.

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    101

    Post imported post

    Bravo_Sierra wrote:
    I just took a picture of my gear, I'll post it when my room mate emails it to me.

    Updated:



    its blurry, but its a camera phone...

    Glock 19
    Surefire X200-A
    S.O.E. Riggers Belt
    Uncle Mike's 2-mag pouch
    Smith and Wesson Extreme Ops Tanto folder
    ALS Top Cop Pepper Spray
    CPR micro shield on the keys
    90 lumin flashlight and flint/steel
    Smith and Wesson M100 duty cuffs and pouch
    Safariland ALS 6038 retention II holster
    Blackberry 7230

    add a wallet and pocket money to that and its all I have on me... aside from my first aid kit in my backback.
    why do you have handcuffs for?

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    914

    Post imported post

    Opsgear wrote:
    Bravo_Sierra wrote:
    I just took a picture of my gear, I'll post it when my room mate emails it to me.

    Updated:



    its blurry, but its a camera phone...

    Glock 19
    Surefire X200-A
    S.O.E. Riggers Belt
    Uncle Mike's 2-mag pouch
    Smith and Wesson Extreme Ops Tanto folder
    ALS Top Cop Pepper Spray
    CPR micro shield on the keys
    90 lumin flashlight and flint/steel
    Smith and Wesson M100 duty cuffs and pouch
    Safariland ALS 6038 retention II holster
    Blackberry 7230

    add a wallet and pocket money to that and its all I have on me... aside from my first aid kit in my backback.
    why do you have handcuffs for?
    Why do you wear a seatbelt? If it's just because "that's they law," then this conversation is over.

    I carry handcuffs because I can lawfully place someone under citizens arrest if needed. This was covered earlier in the topic.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •