• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry arsenal

vmathis12019

State Researcher
imported post

Alright... I searched for this one, didn't find one about the same thing, and they tend to be pretty fun and start good conversations among members so I am going to implore you all to post a picture of your OC arsenal on this sight.

I only OC in very very very select areas, but the setup is no different when I CC with this particular gun other than the possibility of a cover garment, or swapping the CQC holster with an Uncle Mike's IWB.

The gun is the XD .45 compact. I have small hands, so if I carry it with the extended mag (OC only), I don't use the grip extender. I like the smaller grip as it focuses my grip more.

The "mag pouch" is a Gerber multi-tool pouch actually. It doesn't really fit the mag all that well, as the top won't close... but it's comfy and conceals well.

Dorcy Tactical Gear Flashlight picked up at Wally World for appx 30 bucks.

The shades are Oakley Half Jackets. Why? Because they are cool as hell and hide my ever vigilante wandering eyes (that makes us all look suspicious).

The extra round of .45 is for the +1. Not going out without a full gun:celebrate

Attachments

• 100_0900.JPG
    100_0900.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 1,128

vrwmiller

imported post

muledoe wrote:
i want to move to a state where i can OC without having to worry if it is legal or not lol. Or getting harrased by LEO.

I will move to Texas hah
Not if you want to OC.

Mainsail

imported post

No, I don’t carry all of this.

Knives: SOG Pentagon and Spyderco Military w/Carbon fiber handle

Guns: Sig P239 9mm and Sig GSR Revolution 1911 .45

Holster: Milt Sparks Versa-Max

Flashlight: Surefire G2

Sunglasses: Oakley Juliets

516e33c9-35c9-4188-bfa3-d44034994519.jpg

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

unholstered.jpg

Here is the scoop.

Kimber Custom II (.45 ACP) in a Glaco holster.
Glock 23 (.40 S&W) in a Serpa Holster. (My daily carry)
Glock 26 (9MM) in a Serpa Holster. (My wifes daily carry)
Walther P22 (.22lr) in an Uncle Mikes Sidekick, also shown is an inside the pants sidekick for the P22.

holstered.jpg

muledoe

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
unholstered.jpg

Here is the scoop.

Walther P22 (.22lr) in an Uncle Mikes Sidekick, also shown is an inside the pants sidekick for the P22.

holstered.jpg
the very bottom on in top a H&K right p200sk?

Demarest

imported post

swatpro911 wrote:
is this what you carry on your regular belt? WHy you have handcuffs for? Is it ok to carry?
Not a regular belt; A Wilderness Instructor's belt (I highly recommend it). Only the Glock and its backup magazine are actually on the belt. I carry handcuffs because my CO told me to.

muledoe

imported post

Demarest wrote:
swatpro911 wrote:
is this what you carry on your regular belt? WHy you have handcuffs for? Is it ok to carry?
Not a regular belt; A Wilderness Instructor's belt (I highly recommend it). Only the Glock and its backup magazine are actually on the belt. I carry handcuffs because my CO told me to.
ur CO told u too??

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

muledoe wrote:
SGT Jensen wrote:

No H&K, read again.

vmathis12019

State Researcher
imported post

Mainsail wrote:
No, I don’t carry all of this.

Knives: SOG Pentagon and Spyderco Military w/Carbon fiber handle

Guns: Sig P239 9mm and Sig GSR Revolution 1911 .45

Holster: Milt Sparks Versa-Max

Flashlight: Surefire G2

Sunglasses: Oakley Juliets

516e33c9-35c9-4188-bfa3-d44034994519.jpg

Nice shades. I'll trade ya!

Also to Demarest:

I too was wondering about the handcuffs. Seems like unless you're LEO or Bail Enforcement, they would only serve to get you into trouble. I could see the benefits of them though. Pull on an attacker, he surrenders, you can subdue him via the handcuffs till cops arrive. I ask because my dad (reserve cop) gave me a pair of his cuffs for just such an occasion. I have them in my house, and keep them on my nightstand (assume what you want... they are near my gun....lol) and if ever I hear a bump in the night, they go straight into my pocket. Again, if you're not LEO, it just seems too easy to get slapped with some bogus impersonating a police officer charge.

muledoe

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
muledoe wrote:
SGT Jensen wrote:

No H&K, read again.
sorry about that, did not see that post. Looks good though, and very close to the H&K.

Demarest

imported post

@vmathis: I said my CO told me to. Draw from that what you will. Frankly, I'd rather it was dropped. My profession is irrelevant. I form my views, share my views, and exercise my rights as a United States citizen and not a ____ or a ____. I'm firmly opposed to even the ILLUSION of a privileged class such as Senator, policeman, etc. These are civil servants and yet they talk about each other as if they're more important than us. Then police who listen to that crap start believing it and mistreating others accordingly. It creates this friction amongst the same side that is totally unnecessary and a complete 180 of what was intended when this nation was founded.

So it doesn't matter what I do. Handcuffs are legal to own. The end. That isn't meant to be even remotely nasty, but is meant to show exactly how simplistic the truth is :)

It reminds me of the very first time I open carried. It was at the now infamous gas station and a guy there asked me if I was a cop. When I said that I wasn't, he then wagered that I must be a bounty hunter. We--ALL of us--need to get past this growth-stunting myth that people have to have a title to have the right to... anything at all. It's part of the reason I carry openly. I want every single person that sees me to know that THEY can carry a gun too. If only half of them followed through and only half of those did so openly, can you imagine the measurable drop in crime? Let the anti-journalists write about the children and how safe they'll be then ;)

vmathis12019

State Researcher
imported post

Demarest wrote:
@vmathis: I said my CO told me to. Draw from that what you will. Frankly, I'd rather it was dropped. My profession is irrelevant. I form my views, share my views, and exercise my rights as a United States citizen and not a ____ or a ____. I'm firmly opposed to even the ILLUSION of a privileged class such as Senator, policeman, etc. These are civil servants and yet they talk about each other as if they're more important than us. Then police who listen to that crap start believing it and mistreating others accordingly. It creates this friction amongst the same side that is totally unnecessary and a complete 180 of what was intended when this nation was founded.

So it doesn't matter what I do. Handcuffs are legal to own. The end. That isn't meant to be even remotely nasty, but is meant to show exactly how simplistic the truth is :)

It reminds me of the very first time I open carried. It was at the now infamous gas station and a guy there asked me if I was a cop. When I said that I wasn't, he then wagered that I must be a bounty hunter. We--ALL of us--need to get past this growth-stunting myth that people have to have a title to have the right to... anything at all. It's part of the reason I carry openly. I want every single person that sees me to know that THEY can carry a gun too. If only half of them followed through and only half of those did so openly, can you imagine the measurable drop in crime? Let the anti-journalists write about the children and how safe they'll be then ;)

Point very well received.

I was not aware that a private citizen could use handcuffs in Alabama while performing a citizen's arrest, but I did some research and found that that is exactly the case. I rely on a good bit of information from LEO friends, and I am becoming more and more convinced that they are much less informed than the average poster on this forum.

The question was not so much a prying for your occupation, but perhaps a further explanation for your decision to carry handcuffs beyond the very vague "my CO told me to" (not that I wish to invade your privacy and discover information you would otherwise not like to share). As someone with many friends who carry (all concealed, they think I'm crazy for OCing), I have never encountered a private citizen who carried handcuffs. It's probably not a bad idea, and I am in no way criticizing you for doing so. Again, I, as well as swatpro I believe, was simply inquiring as to your motivations (perhaps personal experience, etc...). I completely understand your insistence on privacy and respect your decision not to share that information with us, thus you can officially consider the issue of your occupation and the reason you carry handcuffs dropped:).

Leader

imported post

"I was not aware that a private citizen could use handcuffs in Alabama while performing a citizen's arrest, but I did some research and found that that is exactly the case. I rely on a good bit of information from LEO friends, and I am becoming more and more convinced that they are much less informed than the average poster on this forum."

I think it more accurate to say the average person on the street may know something that an individual police officer doesn't. The posters here are REALLY interested in gun law & *MAY* know more then some traffic cops do about "gun laws" .

vmathis12019

State Researcher
imported post

Leader wrote:
"I was not aware that a private citizen could use handcuffs in Alabama while performing a citizen's arrest, but I did some research and found that that is exactly the case. I rely on a good bit of information from LEO friends, and I am becoming more and more convinced that they are much less informed than the average poster on this forum."

I think it more accurate to say the average person on the street may know something that an individual police officer doesn't. The posters here are REALLY interested in gun law & *MAY* know more then some traffic cops do about "gun laws" .

Can you please explain to me the circumstances that would make 10+ officers (detectives, traffic cops, even memebers of the Drug Task Force) arrest a man at gunpoint for carrying a gun when he had a license to do so, if of course they do know more about the laws than him? And could you further explain why they had to search their "Pocket Guide to the Alabama Criminal Code" to find what to charge said person with, and then deciding to chargehim under a statue that does not apply because he has a gun permit?

Perhaps it is an over-generalization, but my experiences, as well as a number of other people's experiences with LEO while carrying, be it concealed or openly, have been unpleasant and sometimes downright alarming due to misinformation on the part of police officers.

You come down to South Alabama, walk around one of these small towns and I guarantee you (I know Pike County Sheriff's Department will do this for you) that the majority of officers don't even know that you can possess a gun at age 18; they all think it's 21! Same thing with the legal possession of handcuffs. For some reason, at least here, the law is as much based on folklore and imagination as it is on actual written legislation, and the officers charged with understanding and upholding the written legislation seem to have a greater interest inthe imagined than in the written. Don't believe me? Come down here and carry a gun into a bank or on public school property (both not prohibited for carry under alabama law with a permit). You'll see how "well" the police know the laws.

Now, this is not intended to be a police-bashing rant. I just want to make clear that putting too much faith in the idea that the police know what the laws are is a good way to get your butt thrown in jail, especially when it comes to OCing, at least in Alabama. If I could truly believe that the police were as informed as I was, I wouldn't carry my OWN copy of the Alabama Criminal Code Pocket Guide, as well as a printed copy of the AG opinion about OC in Alabama.