• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ALL ME TO INTRODUCE.......

KodiakISGOOD

imported post

I finally purchased my graduation present to myself!

It's a SigArms P229 Elite, i took the rosewood grips off and put some hogue rubber grips on it.

oh and the serpa crowd suckered me in too!

Attachments

• PDR_0211.JPG
    PDR_0211.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 341

vmathis12019

State Researcher
imported post

That's quite a piece you've got there... hard not to envy. Getting new guns is always fun... can't wait till I pick up my Taurus 850B snubby. (only 100 dollars away!!!)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

KodiakISGOOD wrote:

It's a SigArms P229 Elite, i took the rosewood grips off and put some hogue rubber grips on it.

Now get thee back to thee olde gun shop and acquire the requisit extra mags, note the useage of the plural form - mags. :)

Looks great and you'll love the Serpa!

Yata hey

vmathis12019

State Researcher
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
KodiakISGOOD wrote:

Now get thee back to thee olde gun shop and acquire the requisit extra mags, note the useage of the plural form - mags. :)

Looks great and you'll love the Serpa!

Yata hey

This may be just me... but I have definitely noticed taht with the CQC Serpa, it rides a lot better on my hip in the paddle format. The weight of the gun tends to pull on my belt too much and slightly stretches it(probably a testament to the quality of my belt but whatever), and the paddle puts all of the weight on your outher thigh. Just a suggestion to you, but the real fun is in playing around with all the different set ups and finding the on that you like best!

Particle

imported post

vmathis12019 wrote:

This may be just me... but I have definitely noticed taht with the CQC Serpa, it rides a lot better on my hip in the paddle format.  The weight of the gun tends to pull on my belt too much and slightly stretches it (probably a testament to the quality of my belt but whatever), and the paddle puts all of the weight on your outher thigh.  Just a suggestion to you, but the real fun is in playing around with all the different set ups and finding the on that you like best!

[/quote]

I can make chainmail belts if you think that'd hold up better.