• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I just broke a lightbulb at Wade's!

Stealth Potato

imported post

So, I was at Wade's this evening after work, trying out a few different guns, mainly trying to decide what my next purchase will be. At the time, I was firing their Springfield "Loaded" 1911 .45ACP: I aimed at the target, pulled the trigger, and was promptly showered by shards of broken glass. :shock: The ejected shell casing had flown nearly straight up, and smashed one of the two lightbulbs above my head.

The guys at Wade's were pretty cool about it, though - they didn't even charge me for the lightbulb. :p

As a side note, Springfield's "Loaded" 1911-A1 is a thing of unbelievable grace and beauty. I haven't been shooting for very long, but with that gun in my hands I was able to put every single round right near the center of the target at 30 feet. It truly felt almost effortless. If I could only spare the $1100 or so, I would buy one in a heartbeat. (I'm definitely leaning towards one of Springfield's more economical 1911s right now though.)

joeroket

imported post

Stealth Potato wrote:
So, I was at Wade's this evening after work, trying out a few different guns, mainly trying to decide what my next purchase will be. At the time, I was firing their Springfield "Loaded" 1911 .45ACP: I aimed at the target, pulled the trigger, and was promptly showered by shards of broken glass. :shock: The ejected shell casing had flown nearly straight up, and smashed one of the two lightbulbs above my head.

The guys at Wade's were pretty cool about it, though - they didn't even charge me for the lightbulb. :p

As a side note, Springfield's "Loaded" 1911-A1 is a thing of unbelievable grace and beauty. I haven't been shooting for very long, but with that gun in my hands I was able to put every single round right near the center of the target at 30 feet. It truly felt almost effortless. If I could only spare the $1100 or so, I would buy one in a heartbeat. (I'm definitely leaning towards one of Springfield's more economical 1911s right now though.)
That reminds me ofa time a few years back thatI watched a guytry and rapid firea 44 mag. and the third shot ricocheted off the guard that protects the target holder and cut the cable. The target and cable promptly fell to the floor and he boot scooted out the door.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Well, we're getting closer to the day when an "evil gun" actually shoots somebody by itself. Apparently this one broke a light bulb by itself.

Save the light bulbs! Ban extractors and ejectors!!

TrueBrit

imported post

Good yarn, LMAO!

Makes a change from the stories about hot brass landing in the cleavages of gals wearing revealing tank tops, and their consequent erotic gyrations!:D

TrueBrit(in his Nasty Old Man mode!);)

Tomahawk

imported post

TrueBrit wrote:
Good yarn, LMAO!

Makes a change from the stories about hot brass landing in the cleavages of gals wearing revealing tank tops, and their consequent erotic gyrations!:D

Erotic gyration = good

Erotic gyration with loaded pistol in hand = bad

xpun8

imported post

You must have been on the high numbered end, my son and I were on lane 14 in the dark (@1500). Check out gunsamerica.com and gunbroker.com for some deals.

TrueBrit

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
TrueBrit wrote:
Good yarn, LMAO!

Erotic gyration = good

Erotic gyration with loaded pistol in hand = bad

Too right, mate,disarm 'em before they start performing!;)

TrueBrit.

vmathis12019

State Researcher
imported post

Ya know, I have experienced something comparable with Springfields XD .45 Compact. When the slide locks back on my gun after firing the final round, the case almost every time comes back and hits me in the side of the head. It doesn't hurt, and it's a neat little indicator that the gun is empty, but I wonder if it's supposed to do that... lol

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

vmathis12019 wrote:
Ya know, I have experienced something comparable with Springfields XD .45 Compact. When the slide locks back on my gun after firing the final round, the case almost every time comes back and hits me in the side of the head. It doesn't hurt, and it's a neat little indicator that the gun is empty, but I wonder if it's supposed to do that... lol

They're catering to the ManassasPD-type market. Sometimes you gotta hit them in the head to get them to understand even simple things.

(Sorry, couldn't help myself, folks :))

TrueBrit

imported post

Citizen,with your warped sense of humour and cynicism, you could almost pass for a Brit, and I mean that in a complimentary way, Sir! Yours is a severe but pithy observation!

True Brit.

Stealth Potato

imported post

vmathis12019 wrote:
Heh, actually in my case it was the first round out of the magazine, not the last. A bit surprising, since before that, it seemed that all the casings would just eject to the side, bounce off the wall, and hit me in the hands. :p

xpun8 wrote:
You must have been on the high numbered end, my son and I were on lane 14 in the dark (@1500). Check out gunsamerica.com and gunbroker.com for some deals.
I was on lane 6, actually - I worked an evening shift, so I was there from around 8:00 until closing time. Thanks for the links - I'll definitely look through those before getting out my checkbook!