• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Thank all of you

zepman

imported post

I have been lurking here for a while and I must say our forfathers would be proud of you folks.I am a divorced father with full custody of two kids and although I worrythat my participation in an open carry event may bring legal issues my way, I think the lesson taught to my children about our consitutional rights would be worth the risk. I fully intend to explore this and participate...................John

cato

imported post

There are still millions of loyal Americans in Ca. We just need to find each other. Welcome aboard!

Attachments

• 911safety.jpg
    911safety.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 369

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

Welcome to the board, John.

We can still advance the cause of freedom regardless of the percieved odds, because we are not yet in the same kind of danger our forefathers faced when they fought for our liberty. They pledged their lives, fortunes and sacred honor- should we do any less?

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

If you've been around and reading, then I'm sure you're well armed and educated for this sort of activism. The fact that the courts gave you full custody of your children speaks volumes about you -- and their mother. Glad to see our numbers growing. Just take care to not overlook any of the trickier twists in the law.

It's funny how we talk about 'what we do' - which is totally legal - in a way that it sounds like we're breaking the law to prove a point. Our civil obedience is veiwed much like civil disobedience. I've found even among my conservative friends that there is a stigma to wanting to carry a firearm.

Hopefully we can get the right people doing the right things to change that.

In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.
-- Mark Twain

zepman

imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
If you've been around and reading, then I'm sure you're well armed and educated for this sort of activism. The fact that the courts gave you full custody of your children speaks volumes about you -- and their mother.
In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.
-- Mark Twain

And that is something I have to protect. I live in Orange County and the courts here are wierd at best.I need to be on firm legal terra so I wont risk custody. I beleive at this point I am. I will be contacting some law enforcment friends and getting their take on the open carry legality and how they would react to such.....John

dng

State Researcher
imported post

Welcome to OCDO! I envy your weather, but not your laws out there! :)

zepman

imported post

lol I know what you mean. The only place in the nation where you can become a felon for possesion of a bayonet lug on a rifle. :celebrateI would love to see the stats of how many assaults using rifle mounted bayonets there are here per year????:banghead:

dng

State Researcher
imported post

Ever consider leaving commi-fornia, uh, I mean California? I guess running from the problems won't fix anything, but California is so far gone that I think it would be best just to trim that state of from the continent and set those crazy folks afloat out in the Pacific somewhere.

zepman

imported post

Well, I have thought about it forever. I love to hunt and fish and this State is just not what it used to be in that area BUT I am 4 years out from retireing from a state job so until then its out of the question............John

dng

State Researcher
imported post

You should start a countdown, or something like that! :D Kinda like the big ball desending in Times Square on New Year's eve. I can see it now... 3,2,1.... Gone from California!!! Ohio's not too bad, but I would like to move to Alaska. There's real freedom up there from what I hear, but jeez, the weather sucks...

zepman

imported post

dngreer wrote:
You should start a countdown, or something like that! :D Kinda like the big ball desending in Times Square on New Year's eve. I can see it now... 3,2,1.... Gone from California!!! Ohio's not too bad, but I would like to move to Alaska. There's real freedom up there from what I hear, but jeez, the weather sucks...
Yep, 4 years of football, 30+ years of dirt bikes and construction work my body is WAY too broke up for that cold weather.BUT that countdown has commenced.......John

MudCamper

Founder's Club Member
imported post

dngreer wrote:
Ever consider leaving commi-fornia, uh, I mean California? I guess running from the problems won't fix anything, but California is so far gone that I think it would be best just to trim that state of from the continent and set those crazy folks afloat out in the Pacific somewhere.

A couple of thoughts on this subject.

First, staying in CA and fighting the anti-gun laws helps not only Californians, but the rest of the country. It is quite common for horrible laws to start here in CA and then spread to other states.

Second, I for example am a CA native. My family is all here. My extended family is here. My wife's family is all here. My life-long friends are here. Leaving would mean giving up all that. It's not as simple as the single issue of horrible gun control laws.

zepman wrote:
lol I know what you mean. The only place in the nation where you can become a felon for possesion of a bayonet lug on a rifle.

And this is actually incorrect. Bayonet lugs are not a banned feature in California. It's a common misconception. That was on the now expired federal ban.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

dngreer wrote:
My sentiments exactly.

A friend of mine told me if I leave I'm 'running from my problems.' The fact is that at a certain point, you're beating your head against a brick wall, and your only option is to choose a better situation. My philosophy is that if you can't fix the problem, take yourself out of the equation. If a man is physically abusive, is the woman supposed to stay and try to fix him? Hell no, she should get away from him (or use superior defensive force)!

3 more months of school and I'm done with my degree. That is the last string holding me here, and I'll be gone as quickly as I can scrape together moving expenses.

If you want Liberty in Our Lifetime, I suggest you look into the Free State Project.

zepman

imported post

MudCamper wrote:
zepman wrote:
lol I know what you mean. The only place in the nation where you can become a felon for possesion of a bayonet lug on a rifle.

And this is actually incorrect. Bayonet lugs are not a banned feature in California. It's a common misconception. That was on the now expired federal ban.
My understanding is a Bayonet lug combined with a detachable mag makes it a felony, no? I am not removing it or leaving California anytime soon, you will find I enjoy a good fight:lol: