• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC while fishing

rustyfisherman

imported post

I do a lot of Fly Fishing; alone, in areas generally unpopulated. For my own protection from rabid animals, etc. I have a .22 cal western-style revolver I wish to carry in an open-style hip holster. I fish primarily in Ohio and Pa. - any thoughts /comments would be appreciated.

JSK333

imported post

There may be some conflict with State hunting regulations (since it's hunting season). Since I don't hunt, I don't keep up on it, but you might check out www.buckeyefirearms.org to be sure.

It probably wouldn't apply to you if you're not hunting, but with the maze of laws you can't be too sure.

freedom1776

imported post

i don't think anyone will be alarmed if they see you carrying a gun while your fishing, are you going to be in a boat? some laws on that but I never plan on being in a boat so i don't read those. Also some new hunting regulations will start allowing people to carry their CCW (liscensed) while they hunt deer. Previously was illegal to have any gun with you while hunting deer unless it was the type allowed to take a deer with. As far as any other game you should be fine unless it is deer.

unrequited

imported post

Keep you takedown tools and some dry rags in your car in case you take a little dip just so you don't get the rusties. > )

...that's just me being anal though, I take down and reclean/lube if there's a drizzle while I'm oc'ing.