• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

3 weeks out

BluesBear

imported post

Why not have a 2 or 3pm lunch get together as well as a 6pm dinner meeting?

Who knows, maybe a few of us whostrongly support the cause orhave no life could attend both?

expvideo

imported post

BluesBear wrote:

Who knows, maybe a few of us whostrongly support the cause orhave no life could attend both?

I think this is a good idea. There are some people that just can't make a lunch and some that just can't make dinner, no matter what time we set them for. Why don't we make it easier on everybody. A saturday lunch, and a sunday dinner. If you can make both then great, but that way just about everyone can make one of them. It would also give us an opportunity to make one of them easier for the south of seattle people and one closer to the north of seattle people.

I like the idea, BluesBear.

BluesBear

imported post

Just for information, Saturday the 20th (and Sunday the 21st) is the Monroe and Centralia Gun shows.I don't know about anyone else but I try to make Saturday my gun show day so I couldn't do a Saturday Lunch. (Actually I usually go to both of those shows. Monroe because I live five minutes away from the fairgroundsand Centralia because it's just a damn fine show). But then in 2008 I plan on setting up at the shows so I probably couldn't make any Sunday events.

Just tossing out some suggestions here;

• Could we do a Dinner on Sunday the 21st and a Lunch on Saturday the 27 or Sunday the 28th?
  • In the future we could schedule the get together location close to the gun shows so those of us who are so inclined(or working the shows)could do both? For instance I could probably find a restaraunt in the Monroe areawho would welcome us with open carry on show weekends.
  • Could we do two get togethers per month? Say lunch on the first Sunday and Dinner on the third Sunday? (And possibly a late night snack on the rare fifth Sunday?)
Just brainstorming.

expvideo

imported post

I want to start going to gun shows, but I haven't wanted to pay for a membership. I guess you can't do one without the other, so I should just buck up and get the darn membership.

BluesBear

imported post

Well, when you figure that WAC membership is $40 per year and we have 22 shows per year that's less than $2 per show. AND you get The Gun News every month which has better articles than some real magazines. The way I look at it is I'm paying for the magazine and I get to go to the shows for free.

Now when I go to Centrailia or anyplace else I have to pay $5 admission. As often as I go I wish I could "join" there too.

heresolong

imported post

BluesBear wrote:
Well, when you figure that WAC membership is $40 per year and we have 22 shows per year that's less than $2 per show. AND you get The Gun News every month which has better articles than some real magazines. The way I look at it is I'm paying for the magazine and I get to go to the shows for free.

Now when I go to Centrailia or anyplace else I have to pay $5 admission. As often as I go I wish I could "join" there too.
I went to a couple shows in Eastern Washington while I was travelling through over the past few years and every time my WAC badge got me in for free. Is this not generally true? I assume it depends on the show organizer but don't know how many different organizers there are in Eastern WA.

just_a_car

imported post

BluesBear wrote:

+1.

My only issue, being a WAC member, is that you have to essentially disarm (actually just remove magazine, no round in chamber, and make gun inoperable via ziptie or block) to enter the show. I'm hoping that this will change for CC'ers and OC'ers now that Dave Workman is on the board.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

BluesBear wrote:

Good idea except I only have no life on Monday or Tuesday, or at least starting Sunday afternoon. But I take the bus everywhere. Hows about South Puget Sound and North Puget Sound meetings.

BluesBear

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
My only issue, being a WAC member, is that you have to essentially disarm... to enter the show.

That has been a subject of debate for years. Having worked in gun shoips and pawn shop for so long I can see their point.

You have a guy carrying his personal weapon. All of a sudden he sees a holster for a great price. He wonder if it will fit so he pulls his piece to "just check right quick" and all at once you have a loaded gun out in the open. In all honesty there is no place at a gun show where you can safely pont a loaded weapon. Besides people all around the danger of a ricochet is too great. Rule #1 is usually suspended in a gun show. ONLY in a gun show does it become No Guns Are Ever Loaded.

However I do support a rule allowing a member tocarry a a concealed handgun with theunderstanding that concealed means concealed and if you draw THAT gun you are out on your ass. That I could go along with it. Rule #1 then becomes No Visable Guns Are Ever Loaded. But then I would also support a rule that would allow certain exhibitorsto open carry. In essence they would be auxilary security.

The one thing I really object to now aboutthe WAC shows is that ifI am looking to purchase a semi-auto I am not allowed to run a function check with my bright orange plastic dummy rounds. I can't load a speedloader full of my bright orange plastic dummy rounds to see if it will clear the grips on a revolver.