• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun ranges near Everett Naval Station.

USN_MA1

imported post

I could use a little help. I dont know anything about that area but I would like to go to a range that takes pistols and rifles. Is there a nice place to golf too?

Thanks in advance.

Right Wing Wacko

Campaign Veteran
imported post

A couple of Public Ranges:

Everett - Sam's Gun Shop, 11714 Airport Road, Everett, WA 98204.
Hours of Operation: M-S 9-9, Sun 9-6

Arlington - Arlington Recreational Shooting and Training Cntr, 8620 172nd St. NE, Arlington, WA 98223.
Hours of Operation: M-S 10-9, Sun 10-6

Personally I prefer Sams. The Arlington range doesn't have their FFL yet, so no rentals etc.. you have to bring your own.

There are also a number of local private ranges that would require membership to use.

GreatWhiteLlama

imported post

Right Wing Wacko wrote:
It is my understanding that you must be a member to shoot rifles as Sam's. I would contact them before hand to verify.

Agent 47

imported post

T-RaV wrote:
Right Wing Wacko wrote:
It is my understanding that you must be a member to shoot rifles as Sam's. I would contact them before hand to verify.
You only need to be a member to shoot high powered rifles. All low powered rifles and shotguns are OK. But a membership is only $125 for the entire year so it may be worth it.

amlevin

imported post

USN_MA1 wrote:
I could use a little help. I dont know anything about that area but I would like to go to a range that takes pistols and rifles. Is there a nice place to golf too?

Thanks in advance.
The Arlington Regional Training Center and Range is right next door to the Gleneagle Golf Course. Make a day of it.

GreatWhiteLlama

imported post

Agent 47 wrote:
T-RaV wrote:
Right Wing Wacko wrote:
You only need to be a member to shoot high powered rifles. All low powered rifles and shotguns are OK. But a membership is only $125 for the entire year so it may be worth it.
Ok. So at what caliber does a rifle begin to be considered "high power"?

BluesBear

imported post

Up at Arlington we allow you to shoot just about any rifle you can carry through the door.Just as long as you don't use any tracer, incendaryor AP loads.

Remember we're just getting started. Or rather restarted. And this time things are being done right and we're going to last.

And while we don't have any rental guns yet we do stock handgun ammo from .25 acp through .45 Colt. Except for .41 magnum and .38 super. (Because the boss is afraid I'd shoot it all up.) Alsobe warned that we also don't have much of a selection of rifle ammo. Right now all we keep in stock is .223, 7.62x39 and .308.

We're still a few months away from the official grand opening so right now we're just a basic great place to shoot. Of course we have a wide selection of targets and eye and ear protection.

By this coming weekend I'll probably have a discount coupon available for forum members.

expvideo

imported post

BluesBear wrote:
Up at Arlington we allow you to shoot just about any rifle you can carry through the door.Just as long as you don't use any tracer, incendaryor AP loads.

Remember we're just getting started. Or rather restarted. And this time things are being done right and we're going to last.

And while we don't have any rental guns yet we do stock handgun ammo from .25 acp through .45 Colt. Except for .41 magnum and .38 super. (Because the boss is afraid I'd shoot it all up.) Alsobe warned that we also don't have much of a selection of rifle ammo. Right now all we keep in stock is .223, 7.62x39 and .308.

We're still a few months away from the official grand opening so right now we're just a basic great place to shoot. Of course we have a wide selection of targets and eye and ear protection.

By this coming weekend I'll probably have a discount coupon available for forum members.
I'm buying an AK47 underfolder and I'm having a tricky time finding a place that will let me shoot it. Some ranges have a 5 round limit, some I've even seen have a 1 round loaded at a time limit. Some ranges limit 1 shot per 5 seconds.

Anyway, I'm not looking to bump fire from the hip, but I am looking to actually try out the rifle and see what it can do. What are your range's rules for semiautomatic rifles and handguns? and do you have to have a $300 membership to shoot a rifle, or just pay the range fee?

BluesBear

imported post

At Arlington you just pay the regular range fee. You can load as many as the mag will hold.

Rapid fire is okay as long as you are shooting safely. And because of that wedo not allow firing rifles from the hip.

expvideo

imported post

Well then that sounds perfect. Is it ok to post your range fees on here? I'd really like to know how much it would cost to shoot there. It's a bit of a drive for me, but it's worth it if you'll let me just shoot without weird restrictions.

amlevin

imported post

expvideo wrote:
Well then that sounds perfect. Is it ok to post your range fees on here? I'd really like to know how much it would cost to shoot there. It's a bit of a drive for me, but it's worth it if you'll let me just shoot without weird restrictions.

Memberships are $100 with unlimited shooting time for one year. Single day fee is $10. Targets are $1.00

I shoot there several times a week.

just_a_car

imported post

amlevin wrote:
expvideo wrote:

Memberships are $100 with unlimited shooting time for one year. Single day fee is $10. Targets are $1.00

DANG!!!... I am so there! I'm a member at Sam's, so can shoot my rifles there, but have to be careful with how fast my CETME is shot (1 shot/3 seconds).

I also love the idea of OCDO members-discount! :DThat would definitely make me get a membership there. I live in Edmonds, so it's about twice the distance as Sam's for me, but that would totally be worth it.

amlevin

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
amlevin wrote:
expvideo wrote:

DANG!!!... I am so there! I'm a member at Sam's, so can shoot my rifles there, but have to be careful with how fast my CETME is shot (1 shot/3 seconds).

I also love the idea of OCDO members-discount! :DThat would definitely make me get a membership there. I live in Edmonds, so it's about twice the distance as Sam's for me, but that would totally be worth it.
Much more "laid back" than Sam's. If you are shooting safely, nobody will bother you. If you start shooting out their lights or shooting at the target holders (on opurpose) you will be talked to. Much more pleasant than days at Sam's with SOME of their rangemasters.

BluesBear

imported post

amlevin wrote:
Memberships are $100 with unlimited shooting time for one year.
No exactly correct... Memberships WERE $100. As of October 1 (tonight was my first night at work since last Saturday) the membership prices were increased. How much you ask? Well I don't know. I have an idea but The Powers That Be haven't officially announced ityet.Anyway, that's a moot point right now. It seems that the inital "goal" has been met andthere is currently a "freeze" on any new memberships until the FLL is in hand and the retail store is opened. I had to turn away three people tonight who had waited too long to make up their minds.

So until that happens, if you don't already have a membership, you'll have to pay the $10 daily rate. The good news it that the forum discounts that I had previously discussed with TPTB will be offered when the membership books are reopened. I'll post that info as soon as I know the particulars.

In the mean time, feel free to stop in and shoot. And if you happen to be active duty military or a Boeing employee those discounts are still in effect too.

If you plan on stopping by let me know in advance andI'll try to be there and I'll even buy you a soda when you're finished.

ArlingtonRegional

imported post

Hello everyone, my name is Gary Belanger and I am the new GM at Arlington Regional Marksmanship and Training. I would first like to thank you guys for bringing us up in this post and spreading the word about the range. I would also like to take the opportunity to firm up some of the information posted on this string.

We are currently selling memberships at the discounted 'pre-grand opening' price of $100 for a single and $125 for a family (self, spouse/sig other, and dependent children). We did stop selling memberships for about two days due to reaching our membership quota for these prices. The idea was that we would have the store completed by the time our membership base hit that mark and we would then introduce our regular pricing and membership packages. Well, there have been delays in the completion of our store and we felt that it just wasn't fair to raise prices since the additional member benefits aren't in place yet. As for an additional discount to OC forum members, these are our bare bones memberships as of right now. Once we get the store up and running and start having more structured events, I will happily look into group membership discounts and referral programs. For right now, what I can do is offer the same daily use discount that is being used by Boeing and Verizon employees and active duty members of the military. That is $5 for the first shooter and $2.50 for the second shooter on the same lane, with a max capacity of two shooters per lane. Just mention this post when you come in.

The staff here at the range strive to make it as family and community friendly a place as we can. If you have suggestions, questions, comments or concerns please let us know, we are excited to work together with all of you in making this a great place to shop, shoot and share.

Oh, by the way, we do not limit rate of fire in our facility. We only ask that you keep your rate low enough that you are able to keep it on paper and that you are courteous to your neighbors (i.e. it might be prudent to ask the gentleman with his 6 year old daughter next to you if they are okay with a one second string of 15 rounds of .50 Beouwolf. If not, let us know and we will make arrangements for you.)

Thanks everyone!

Agent 47

imported post

amlevin wrote:
Much more "laid back" than Sam's. If you are shooting safely, nobody will bother you. If you start shooting out their lights or shooting at the target holders (on opurpose) you will be talked to. Much more pleasant than days at Sam's with SOME of their rangemasters.
I onlywork the store sectionbut I know what you mean, I will just say they I feel the exact same way and I work with the guy. :banghead: