Thread: pistol for a pt-22 (CC)

Post imported post

last year for christmas i got the girl a little pink (don't make fun of me, the guys at the gun shop did enough of that) taurus .22, which she loves (a few months later she got a shiny ring to match)

this weekend i picked up another holster for one of my handguns and figured i really really want her to start packing her pistol around.

looking for ideas for a CC holster, for a girl (small frame, tight clothing), she doesn't wear a belt now, but she would for the cause.

any clever ideas?

Post imported post

mods, any way to change the topic to "holster for a pt-22 (CC)"... sorry, i'm an idiot sometimes

State Researcher

Post imported post

Most likely an Uncle Mike's Sidekick or some similar IWB holster. You could check out companies like Bianchi or Desantis for a belt holster. Unfortunately, guns that small don't have the majority of holster maker's attentions. Have either of you considered tactical purses (many are very fashionable and have designated spots for firearms?

Post imported post

What about the Safepacker Mustang? Says it fits Tomcats / Bobcats which is basically the same as the PT22 as far as I can tell. Get the strap and it looks like a purse and no one is the wiser.

http://store.thewilderness.com/index...a23aa6471a41b1

She's got the "I just shot better than you" grin

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

That looks pretty good...except that I don't think anyone will believe it's a purse.

If at all possible, she should find something to keep the gun ON HER PERSON, not in something that can be stolen/snatched away, or set down and forgotten.

-- John D.

(formerly of Colorado Springs, CO)

Post imported post

I found this today while looking for some leather for my lever action winchester.

http://www.rossleather.com/Concealme...duct_info.html

she's pretty hip to it, it'd look nice with the black and pink pistol... and all the flowers and butterflies i bet she'd put on it.... if not just the rhinestones.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I use an Uncle Mikes #10 ankle holster for my 2 small autos (21A and 3032 Berettas) but don't think ankle holsters would work for women considering what they tend to wear vs. what men wear (I usually wear boot-cut jeans).

-- John D.

(formerly of Colorado Springs, CO)

Post imported post

cloudcroft wrote:
    That looks pretty good...except that I don't think anyone will believe it's a purse.

If at all possible, she should find something to keep the gun ON HER PERSON, not in something that can be stolen/snatched away, or set down and forgotten.

-- John D.

I agree that the best bet is to keep it on the body. I'm merely presenting options. I would never consider ankle unless it was a backup gun.

If off-body is out of the question I would suggest the following:

Uncle-Mikes Inside the Pocket #1 Uncle-Mikes Inside the Pants #10

You may want to consider more than one method, for example, off-body may be the only option if she is wearing a skirt.

Post imported post

soloban wrote:
    cloudcroft wrote:

-- John D.

I agree that the best bet is to keep it on the body. I'm merely presenting options. I would never consider ankle unless it was a backup gun.

If off-body is out of the question I would suggest the following:

Uncle-Mikes Inside the Pocket #1 Uncle-Mikes Inside the Pants #10

You may want to consider more than one method, for example, off-body may be the only option if she is wearing a skirt.

she has an uncle mikes inside the pants to keep her gun in and away from damage... but being a girl with tight pants something like those would be too uncomfortable.

also tight girl jeans don't have much for pockets, so an inside the pocket thing is out.

if i could find a paddle holster (in leather), that would be it.

Post imported post

Check with galco

Post imported post

One word of caution about a hip holster is to make sure its low-rise. Most holsters are high-rise and will dig into a womens rib cage since their hips tend to push the bottom of the holster outwards.

Try this one from Kramer for $140 (Lookup Beretta 21 Bobcat):

http://www.kramerleather.com/product...20%28BOBCAT%29