• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

pistol for a pt-22 (CC)

uncoolperson

imported post

last year for christmas i got the girl a little pink (don't make fun of me, the guys at the gun shop did enough of that) taurus .22, which she loves (a few months later she got a shiny ring to match)

this weekend i picked up another holster for one of my handguns and figured i really really want her to start packing her pistol around.

looking for ideas for a CC holster, for a girl (small frame, tight clothing), she doesn't wear a belt now, but she would for the cause.

any clever ideas?

vmathis12019

State Researcher
imported post

Most likely an Uncle Mike's Sidekick or some similar IWB holster. You could check out companies like Bianchi or Desantis for a belt holster. Unfortunately, guns that small don't have the majority of holster maker's attentions. Have either of you considered tactical purses (many are very fashionable and have designated spots for firearms?

soloban

imported post

What about the Safepacker Mustang? Says it fits Tomcats / Bobcats which is basically the same as the PT22 as far as I can tell. Get the strap and it looks like a purse and no one is the wiser.

safepacker_must.jpg
safepacker_strap200.jpg

http://store.thewilderness.com/index.php?cPath=51&osCsid=742e954b61a7d971cda23aa6471a41b1

She's got the "I just shot better than you" grin

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

That looks pretty good...except that I don't think anyone will believe it's a purse.

If at all possible, she should find something to keep the gun ON HER PERSON, not in something that can be stolen/snatched away, or set down and forgotten.

-- John D.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

I use an Uncle Mikes #10 ankle holster for my 2 small autos (21A and 3032 Berettas) but don't think ankle holsters would work for women considering what they tend to wear vs. what men wear (I usually wear boot-cut jeans).

-- John D.

soloban

imported post

cloudcroft wrote:
That looks pretty good...except that I don't think anyone will believe it's a purse.

If at all possible, she should find something to keep the gun ON HER PERSON, not in something that can be stolen/snatched away, or set down and forgotten.

-- John D.
I agree that the best bet is to keep it on the body. I'm merely presenting options. I would never consider ankle unless it was a backup gun.

If off-body is out of the question I would suggest the following:

Uncle-Mikes Inside the Pocket #1 Uncle-Mikes Inside the Pants #10

inside_pocket_holster.jpg
inside_pant_holster.jpg

You may want to consider more than one method, for example, off-body may be the only option if she is wearing a skirt.

uncoolperson

imported post

soloban wrote:
cloudcroft wrote:

-- John D.
I agree that the best bet is to keep it on the body. I'm merely presenting options. I would never consider ankle unless it was a backup gun.

If off-body is out of the question I would suggest the following:

Uncle-Mikes Inside the Pocket #1 Uncle-Mikes Inside the Pants #10

inside_pocket_holster.jpg
inside_pant_holster.jpg

You may want to consider more than one method, for example, off-body may be the only option if she is wearing a skirt.

she has an uncle mikes inside the pants to keep her gun in and away from damage... but being a girl with tight pants something like those would be too uncomfortable.

also tight girl jeans don't have much for pockets, so an inside the pocket thing is out.

if i could find a paddle holster (in leather), that would be it.