• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tidewater October OC Dinner

Reverend73

Founder's Club Member
imported post

So is the reporter coming? I'm trying to get a few hours off my part time job at the gunshop to attend. Keep your fingers crossed.

Bubba Ron

imported post

It went great, although we had only 11 people - PLUS 3 new friends: a Virginian Pilot Reporter, her Editor, and a Photographer!! We should see the results in a week or so....

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Thanks for inviting her, Ron. The reporter seemed genuinely interested and certainly was very thorough. She interviewed a few of us at some length, asked a number of questions that showed some grasp of the issues, and certainly didn't appear to be dismayed or put off by our OC experiences. She spent a lot of time getting details on Dan's stories in particular. I was glad that Jean and Dawn were there so she could get some of the distaff viewpoints as well. I'm looking forward to seeing the story, and I hope she accepts our invitation to come online and check us out here.

All in all, a very interesting and unique evening.

kimbercarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The only day I can make it this week is wednesday. And I remember Dutch saying he'd be gone this coming week. You guys that are going to richmond have a good time, I'd go but I have to work:X

Bubba Ron

imported post

kimbercarrier wrote:
The only day I can make it this week is wednesday. And I remember Dutch saying he'd be gone this coming week. You guys that are going to richmond have a good time, I'd go but I have to work:X
If you don't want to have one on Wednesday (we'd attend one on Wednesday) pick a day and a place for next week.

kimbercarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

It would be better for me to meet next week, the week of the the 22nd. Please don't let me stop you guys, I'll make when I can and as always, thanks for the consideration.

C

ccloud43

imported post

It would be better for us the week of the 22nd also.

kimbercarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I can do tuesday, wednesday, or thursday of next week. Dutch suggested Lone Star steakhouse in front of Bass Pro in Hampton.

I called and they can seat us together, I just need to let them know this week.

Bubba Ron

imported post

kimbercarrier wrote:
I can do tuesday, wednesday, or thursday of next week. Dutch suggested Lone Star steakhouse in front of Bass Pro in Hampton.

I called and they can seat us together, I just need to let them know this week.
Great !!!! Pick a day and time and we'll be there....still waiting to see the write up in the Virginian Pilot on our last OCDO....

C

ccloud43

imported post

how about tues the 23rd @ 7:00 pm. 1900 for you military types, or those of us who wish we still were

Eeyore

imported post

I think I can make it to this one. Since I've never met any of you, I guess I'll just wander around the restaurant staring at everyone's waists until I find you.:p Unless you see me first and fire a few shots in the air to get my attention.....;)

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I think I can make it. And Eyore, we generally show up 5-10 min. before 7:00 and mill around outside until most of us are there. Just look for a group of distinguished, good-looking and articulate people who, coincidentally will all be carrying defensive arms!