• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Must Defeat the Davis Family Royalty (Tom Davis & Wife Queen Devolites)

yankees98a

imported post

"Devolites Davis, a 10-year legislative veteran who's married to U.S. Rep. Thomas M. Davis III, R-11th, is a one-term senator ho previously served six years in the House of Delegates...
...Devolites Davis describes herself as an independent, a moderate who can best represent a centrist constituency. At a forum Thursday night before Equality Fairfax, a gay-rights organization, she called herself a "RINO" -- Republican in Name Only -- a derogatory term used by members of the GOP's conservative wing....
Perhaps the biggest difference between her and Petersen, she says, is the issue of guns, which she hopes will resonate in suburban Fairfax. Devolites Davis, who has sought tougher gun laws, refers to Petersen's votes as a delegate against bills that would have let Fairfax County authorities ban guns in some public buildings.
Petersen, a hunter who owns firearms, said he "kept a pretty good balance" on gun issues.

Devolites Davis touts her support of the transportation bill that cleared the assembly after protracted debate this year, which she called the first major such legislation in 21 years. It also contained controversial driver fees, which have exploded into a political fireball that legislators say will be addressed in the next session.
Petersen opposes the regional tax authority that the legislation enabled to pay for road improvements. As he campaigns, the former Fairfax City Council member talks about the need for change and tackling transportation problems.

yankees98a

imported post

She was one of the first hires (as a part-time consultant) for ICG, a firm that assists businesses in obtaining and defending performance under government contracts. At the time of her hire, Congressman Davis was her mentor and campaign manager. ICG Founder and President Don Upson is a longtime friend of Davis. After Devolites was hired by ICG, Davis, then divorced, married Devolites.
The financial benefits between Rep. Davis and his wife, from the ICG job as well as other campaign donations to Mrs. Davis, were highlighted in a June 2007 ethics report "Family Affair" by the Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington.. The report identified ethical questions on financial ties that benefit family members of 64 of the 435 voting members of Congress.
On 2006-07-28 the Washington Post reported that the Defense Information Systems Agency had reviewed its satellite contract with Artel, Inc., and the agency had preliminarily determined that the contract was ineffective and expensive. Artel then hired ICG for lobbying services. ICG drafted a letter Congressman Davis signed to the agency threatening an investigation by his Committee if the contract was not awarded. After the Post articles appeared, Congressman Davis sought an opinion from the House Ethics Committee. They advised him to be careful to avoid the appearance of any conflict in this matter. The Post published an extensive article on the issue, the company had to register as a lobbyist, and ICG removed a picture from the front page of its website of Tom Davis speaking to ICG clients.[9][/sup][10][/sup] Jeannemarie continues to work for ICG and was paid $78,000 in 2005 for working "10 to 20 hours a week," primarily at home on her cellphone, she said. Her bio continues as the only one on the ICG site to name her spouse. She makes $18,000 a year as a Virginia legislator.

casullshooter

imported post

Senator DD absolutely needs to be dumped from office , I wish I lived in that district so I could vote against her . That district has two Demos running at the same time , at least one of them correctly identifies himself . RINO = Backstabbing Opportunist.....

Mr. Y

Super Secret Squirrel Bunker, Virginia, USA
imported post

The question you have to ask yourself is this:

Is my principled stand against Senator Davis so strong that I am willing to hand the Virginia Senate to the Democrats?

That very well could happen should she lose. While Chap may be marginally better, the committees would then be run by Democrats.

Courts of justice in the hands of Saslaw, Puller, Howell or (what's the other guy's name?) ???

casullshooter

imported post

Mr. Y wrote:

Is my principled stand against Senator Davis so strong that I am willing to hand the Virginia Senate to the Democrats?

That very well could happen should she lose. While Chap may be marginally better, the committees would then be run by Democrats.

Courts of justice in the hands of Saslaw, Puller, Howell or (what's the other guy's name?) ???
Good point = Catch 22

dichamw

Alexandria (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA
imported post

casullshooter wrote:
Mr. Y wrote:

Good point = Catch 22
NO way.....hand over seat to a Democrat.

mmmm maybe some move.on.org hereon the board

Tomahawk

imported post

dichamw wrote:
casullshooter wrote:
Mr. Y wrote:

Good point = Catch 22
NO way.....hand over seat to a Democrat.

mmmm maybe some move.on.org hereon the board
But you'd let DD keep her seat...MMM on the board? ;)