• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Incident with Virginia State Police

TrueBrit

imported post

Virginiaplanter wrote:
Blasphemer!!!

Pilgrim Fathers,ie 1600ish

The Virginia Company established Jamestown in 1607. The yankee man didn't come until later.

Planter,

Once again, I stand corrected, Sir!I really must study up on history more diligently!I constantly forget that the Old Dominion was named for the Virgin Queen, Elizabeth 1st. I am ashamed tobe vague here,but was not her reign during the latter part of the 1500s?Forgive my blasphemy, and I will now go and do penance, like the devout Anglo-Irish Catholic guy that I am!;)

Best wishes,

TrueBrit.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

TrueBrit wrote:
Virginiaplanter wrote:
Blasphemer!!!

The Virginia Company established Jamestown in 1607. The yankee man didn't come until later.

Planter,

Once again, I stand corrected, Sir!I really must study up on history more diligently!I constantly forget that the Old Dominion was named for the Virgin Queen, Elizabeth 1st. I am ashamed tobe vague here,but was not her reign during the latter part of the 1500s?Forgive my blasphemy, and I will now go and do penance, like the devout Anglo-Irish Catholic guy that I am!;)

Best wishes,

TrueBrit.
Isit the Pint you will use to do penance:lol:, you Anglo-Irish Catholic you?

LEO 229

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
vtme_grad98 wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
and plan my exit strategy!! :lol:
Based on that statement, I think it's safe to say you don't have what it takes for a job in politics. ;)
No but(t) Larry Craig does:what:.The Exit strategy I mean. TheRear exit.:shock:
Now that WAS off topic.. and off limits!!!! :lol:

Tomahawk

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:
vtme_grad98 wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
and plan my exit strategy!! :lol:
Based on that statement, I think it's safe to say you don't have what it takes for a job in politics. ;)
No but(t) Larry Craig does:what:.The Exit strategy I mean. TheRear exit.:shock:
Now that WAS off topic.. and off limits!!!! :lol:
Agreed. Keep it up and the Plunger will come back!

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Don't let them give you too much trouble, TrueBrit.

Just ask a few questions back about American history. That'll put them in their place. :)

Sample questions:

Which Founder(s) helped defend the Redcoats charged in the Boston Massacre?

Who were the authors of the Federalist Papers?

Who was President in June 1801? (no looking--either you know or you don't)

Where did Sam Colt work when he designed his first revolver?

Who was the then-unknown brother of the first Secretary of Nevada Territory?

TrueBrit

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
TrueBrit wrote:
Virginiaplanter wrote:
Blasphemer!!!

Planter,

Best wishes,

TrueBrit.

Absolutely! As the old song says,

"It's Guinness's porter that has me this way,

For it's weaker than buttermilk, yet stronger than tay.

But when in the morning, I feel kinda rough,

Me curse on Lord Iveagh, who brews the damn stuff!"

Slainte var!(Cheers!):celebrate

TrueBrit.

TrueBrit

imported post

Citizen wrote:

Just ask a few questions back about American history. That'll put them in their place. :)

Sample questions:

Thanks for the helping hand, I THINK that James Madison wrote the Federalist papers, and Sam Colt was at Hartford, CT. Dunno about the rest, or how the other guys would fare!

Gotta go, doing penance with"The black liquidation , With the froth on the top!'';)

TrueBrit.

just a guy with a Glock

imported post

You guys are a riot, I have to make the next dinner for sure. Perhaps we could do a group picnic at a 95 rest station, LOL. I almostfeel better about this situation already (knowing I'm not alone in this fight) , till I start thinking about all the young men buried at National Cemetery that gave their lives protecting our freedom. To allow the Constitution of this great nation to be ignored by law enforcement officers is unacceptable and an insult to the enormous sacrifice made on our behalf. We should not have to fight a battle already won.

My last complaint letter will be mailed tomorrow and I will then let you all know the details of the incident and request any advice or criticism with respect to my handling of the situation. I will not refrain from open carry, regardless of who it offends. The price has already been paid for our liberty, and I won't give mine away without a fight.

Blessings to All

just a guy, with a Glock

UTOC-45-44

imported post

TrueBrit wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:
TrueBrit wrote:
Virginiaplanter wrote:
Blasphemer!!!

Planter,

Best wishes,

TrueBrit.

Absolutely! As the old song says,

"It's Guinness's porter that has me this way,

For it's weaker than buttermilk, yet stronger than tay.

But when in the morning, I feel kinda rough,

Me curse on Lord Iveagh, who brews the damn stuff!"

Slainte var!(Cheers!):celebrate

TrueBrit.

TrueBrit....,

Thanks for making my day a Happy One. You made me laugh really hard. I need to come and visit sometime to have a Fun Weekend with you and the Boys over there in KY.

Thanks for making my day, my Friend.

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Citizen wrote:

Sample questions:

For True Brit and you history buffs:

Hamilton and Madison wrote the Federalist papers, with some help from a third guy whose name I forget. :?

I'm pretty sure Colt designed his first revolver in Paterson, New Jersey. (Don't ask me how I know.)

Don't know about the Nevada guy, but at least I know enough to call it "Nevaada", not "Nevahda".:lol:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

We're getting a good ways offtopic; but I'll chip in.

Yes to the Federalist authors.

I was thinking about Colt designing his revolver while ship's crew at sea. Maritime or Navy, I don't recall. Back when I started in cap-and-ball revolvers I came across the info. Seems he carved the initial concept from wood or something.

Samuel Clemens, Mark Twain, was brother to the Secretary of Nevada Territory. You can read about it in his book, Roughing It. Its a good read.

I'll let the other questions for TrueBrit to spring on y'all as a defensive measure.

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

There is some legend that Colt got his idea by looking at a rotating ship's wheel while on a sailing ship, but that sounds far-fetched to me. JMHO.

VAopencarry

imported post

Boston Massacre lawyer= John Adams.
I recently learned that tid bit while reading some U.S. History on events leading up to the Revolution!!!!

Tomahawk

imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
Boston Massacre lawyer= John Adams.
I recently learned that tid bit while reading some U.S. History on events leading up to the Revolution!!!!

Yup. And he was a good lawyer, too. Managed to get either aquittals or light sentences for all the soldiers involved.