• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCDO Challenge!

savery

imported post

Ok, this isn't an officially sanctioned event, per se, but just an informal challenge.

Do your RKBA civic duty..... And take someone shooting, preferably someone who's never been before.

I challenge you to take two people shooting in October. They don't have to be first timers - someone that wants to go but hasn't been in a while, or someone that likes to go with you but doesn't often get the opportunity... get someone out there!

Of course, this is a perfect opportunity to get to the range yourself if it's been a while.

Post back with your results!

Ghettokracker71

imported post

This should be easy for me,lol. Not easy on the wallet, the fiancee always wants to go, roommate has never been,wants to go. Dad always loves going. Best friend loves going (took him once,only rifles/shotty then, both were uner 21.) ...eetc..etc.

roscoe13

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Ghettokracker71 wrote:
This should be easy for me,lol. Not easy on the wallet, the fiancee always wants to go, roommate has never been,wants to go. Dad always loves going. Best friend loves going (took him once,only rifles/shotty then, both were uner 21.) ...eetc..etc.
Just because you take them doesn't mean you have to foot the bill...

sitedzn

imported post

smccomas wrote:
Wife and I went this evening. Bye the way she shoots better than I.
isn't that the usual case for most of us?:D i keep telling my wife that if the shtf, i'll go out blazing, but i totally expect her to be taking a bead over my shoulder.

Cue-Ball

imported post

I'm up for the challenge, and I'll even raise you! I've got three guys lined up that I want to take to the range for their first time. I'm hoping to get all three to take an intro to firearms course as well.

Here's where the raise comes in....

My neighbor is from California (not born and raised, but he lived there for a while). I've slowly converted him from "whoa! you carry a gun?" to "hey, how's that reloading press work?". I'm hoping that by the end of October he'll have purchased his first firearm - probably a home defense shotgun.

So, bonus points for anyone who not only gets someone to the range, but gets them to take a course and purchase their first firearm.

67GT390FB

imported post

mzbk2l wrote:
67GT390FB wrote:
Ghettokracker71 wrote:
Oh whats "RKBA" mean
Right to Keep and Bare Arms
It's got nothing to do with your bare arms. Cover those things up!

You can Keep and Bear Arms, though, if you want. :D
doh at least i didn't say right to keep and beer arms. though the right to self defense is the right to bare arms, ie its no longer in the holster covered up lol.

Thors_Mitersaw

imported post

I took my girlfriend this weekend and though she was too intimidated and scared with all the noise and business of the NRA range she will go again with me to a friends home to fire with me. She has never shot ANY gun before and wants to learn for her own good she says. I dont think guns will ever be for her personally but she is defintly not an anti any longer.

I think the world can thank me that I turned a one time gun hater.. that might be a little stong... to a woman who loves, understands, and sympathizes with a gun owning libertarian militia supporter.

Dont hate war (with the anti's), make love :dude: