• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry in Webster Co. and Marshfield

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Anyone know the law there? I called the Marshfield PD. Got the usual question as to why I want to. The officer was friendly, and said he just didn't know for sure. I'll be moving there after my contract in Afghan is up next year.

aircooledbusnut

imported post

If you find out any new information on Webster Co. let us know. I am going to be settling in Wright Co. near Hartville soon. I intend to find out about the OC laws there. I am also a contractor in Afghanistan.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
imported post

That's pretty cool, I got a place in Cantrell Creek Estates. I signed up for another year though. The economy isn't looking good enough to go home right now. I called the Marshfield PD a while back. They said they didn't know if it was OK or not legally, but they'd preffer I didn't. I figure I'll have to wait till I get there and walk into offices of the Sheriff and DA and ask directly. Plus a face to face meeting and friendly chat might ease them into the idea.

aircooledbusnut

imported post

I know that when I lived in Niangua. The deputies gave me funny looks when I OC'd my 1851 navy colts, but they didn't comment. However, being antique firearms, they kind of fall into a grey area.