Thread: Dan Wesson CBOB?

Post imported post

I am looking at buying a CBOB as my new carry gun. However, I have never found one local in NOVA to fondle. So does anyone happen to own a CBOB or any other Dan Wesson for that matter that I could check out?

I know the Wesson's have had mixed reviews. Some say it shoots like crap and they send it back and forth for fixing and others said it was flawless. The biggest thing for me is its a bushing barrel on a commander 1911. I'd like to stay away from bushingless and anything less than a 4 inch barrel.

On another note. Anyone going to the VFW gun show in Dale City this weekend? I may pick up a J-frame or P3 for a pocket carry gun. If they have any good 1911 deals (usually they dont) I may buy one as well.

Post imported post

Scheetz wrote:
    However, I have never found one local in NOVA to fondle.
    I relate one thing to fondling. And it isn't firearms.

Post imported post

nickerj1 wrote:
    Scheetz wrote:
    However, I have never found one local in NOVA to fondle.
    I relate one thing to fondling. And it isn't firearms.
    You know, you got my hopes up. I saw a reply and figured someone had a Dan Wesson.

Post imported post

Scheetz wrote:
    I am looking at buying a CBOB as my new carry gun. However, I have never found one local in NOVA to fondle. So does anyone happen to own a CBOB or any other Dan Wesson for that matter that I could check out?

I know the Wesson's have had mixed reviews. Some say it shoots like crap and they send it back and forth for fixing and others said it was flawless. The biggest thing for me is its a bushing barrel on a commander 1911. I'd like to stay away from bushingless and anything less than a 4 inch barrel.

On another note. Anyone going to the VFW gun show in Dale City this weekend? I may pick up a J-frame or P3 for a pocket carry gun. If they have any good 1911 deals (usually they dont) I may buy one as well.
    You may want to PM Hank T. He has mentioned having a Dan Wesson 1911 (not sure which particular model) in 10mm. He may be able to give you some help.

Post imported post

Does it count if I have fondled one, fired one (10mm), and really really want one?

Post imported post

molonlabetn wrote:
    Does it count if I have fondled one, fired one (10mm), and really really want one?
    Some what. I hear awesome things about DW guns and then I hear horror stories how they have to send it back to DW within the first week they bought it. I am just praying that I have a working gun.

How can I trust a carry gun if I have to send it in to DW multiple times?

Post imported post

Scheetz wrote:
    molonlabetn wrote:
    Some what. I hear awesome things about DW guns and then I hear horror stories how they have to send it back to DW within the first week they bought it. I am just praying that I have a working gun.

How can I trust a carry gun if I have to send it in to DW multiple times?
    Make sure you get all the information first. A lot of people try to get by , by buying cheap magazines, and think they have a faulty gun.

Post imported post

glocknroll wrote:
    Scheetz wrote:

You may want to PM Hank T. He has mentioned having a Dan Wesson 1911 (not sure which particular model) in 10mm. He may be able to give you some help.
    I bought a 10mm DW Pointman 7, used. I had a few FTF with Winchester White Box. Used a couple of other brands and no problem. Have to order up some Double Tap next. I won't trust it for carry until I shake it out some more but I think the quality and fit is good, though the prior owner buggered up the rear site.

I have heard several complaints about DW 10mm models but mine seems OK. DWdoes have about 3 or 4 10mm models most of which seem to be very similar. The CBOB is different. I saw the fellow I bought mine from at a gun show a few weeks ago and he said he regretted selling it to me. I didn't offer to sell it back.... I would buy another DW 10mm but have only seen the one.

I think the 1911/10mm is apretty nifty platform.Slap some CTC grips on there and wooooeeeee!