Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any thoughts on the Indiana Militia corps

Post imported post

Hi, Does anyone have any thoughts be them good or bad in regards to the indiana militia corps? I have been thinking about joining them, or atleast attending one of there meetings to see if it want to. My reason for this, is i feel that, sooner or later there will be some massive national or regional emergency and when/if the government in my area ceases to exist, i want to help in some way, and these people(at least according to there website) seem to genuinly(spelling?) want to help in those types of emergencies.

From what i have read on there website, they stand for all the things i stand for. SO any thoughts on them, Id greatly appreiciate that.

Post imported post

Guess ill have to contact them and see were and when i can attend a meeting. Ill probably go to a few before i make any decisions. I hope they are what they website makes them seem to be.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Noticed they were founded 9/29/01, I am thinking 9/11 sparked them into action... anyone else?

Post imported post

I am the OIC of recruiting for the Indiana Militia Corp.

If you would like any information please e-mail me at,

Thanks

pearlman

Post imported post

Kool, Welcome to the forum.

Post imported post

Thanks for the welcome.

I have been on other forums and it is good to see an Indiana specific area.

Post imported post

pearlman1966 wrote:
    I am the OIC of recruiting for the Indiana Militia Corp.

If you would like any information please e-mail me at,

Thanks

pearlman
    IM at the library, when i get to a better place ill email you. I have alot of questions, regarding IMC. Thanks for Finding my post here.

Post imported post

Post imported post

Good Pearlman maybe you could PM me with some info.

Post imported post

I filled out the form on the militia website to have someone from the area contact me. Two months later and no answer. oh well.
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    http://www.ColoradoGunOwners.com

A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

Colorado Firearm law.
    http://www.lexisnexis.com/hottopics/colorado/
    Lexis Nexis: Colorado law pertaining to firearms.
    Title 18, Article 12

Post imported post

Same thing here. Talked to a guy on the phone twice...showed extreme interest and he said the local commander would call me.....5 weeks no call.

Post imported post

You didn't really expect Detectives of the Indiana State Police Dept. to respond to your requests?

Post imported post

cato wrote:
    You didn't really expect Detectives of the Indiana State Police Dept. to respond to your requests?
    I hope that wasnt directed at me,I am sure not a detective for the Indiana State Police,If I were though I would have to wonder why I am killing myself as a maintenance man in a factory.

Post imported post

Just making a joke toward anyone who would worry about it being a ploy to out interested persons. Title 10 sec. 311 is still my favorite fed code!!

Post imported post

I haven't heard too many good things about the IMC.

FYI,a good friend of mine recently started a citizen's militia group in Indiana. (He lived in Ohio up until recently.) Here is his web page and email address:

http://specter.lictor.tripod.com/
    specter.lictor@yahoo.com

He lives in Danville, which is a few miles west of Indianapolis.

Forget any stereotypes you've heard about militia members. He is a real good guy, clean-cut, Christian, educated (electrical engineer), and very skilled.

Michael

Post imported post

No luck with the IMC?! Check Out the Indiana Sedentary Militia. EVERYONE is welcome with the exceptions of criminals and/or extremist.

Southern Indiana Battalion 19
    http://btln19ism.synthasite.com

Post imported post

The ISM seems more above-board, no offense to IMC members, as the ISM is apparently explicitly defined in the Indiana Constitution (Article 12) and Indiana code (IC 10-16-6, IC10-16-6-1, and IC10-16-6-2).

The IMC's website just seems like it's trying too hard. I dunno, I suppose I should reserve judgment on either until I have attended one or more meetings or events.

Post imported post

hey i'd like to talk to you, because i'm heading a small resistance group up here in angola and could use some help i'm not online much, but my e-mail address is thegreatcrotch@yahoo.com

:celebratesrry just had 2 add it

Post imported post

According to the IMC website, they are in no way affiliated with the ISM. That is made obvious by the fact that the arrests were made sometime before August 10, 2001 and the IMC didn't come into existance until about a month and a half later.

I was doing research on them myself (thinking about joining)and saw this thread.

Post imported post

Hi All,

I just found this site tonight and wanted to jump in here real quick...

I am the State CO of the Indiana Sons Of Liberty. We are a collection of IMC, ICVM, and even a few ISM members. The ISL originally began as a result of the IMC's lack of response to new members, lack of training oppertunities, lack of leadership, and other such "stuff". Since our beginning in April 2009, we have signed up over 200 members. I invite you to visit our website and look us over. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to direct them to me.

Thanks

Don
    State CO, ISL
    www.indianasonsofliberty.com

Post imported post

Hello All, I am in north central indiana. Anyone looking to get involved ( and I hope everyone here does ) should look at the indiana sons of liberty site. if you have any questions I would be happy to try and answer them for you.

Post imported post

So...I never got contacted by the IMC and frankly I'm glad. After seeing the little plug for the I.S.L. I have decided to join up with them. I never got contacted and after doing some more research on IMC I discovered that the "Commission by the 3rd Continental congress" is something that the CO made up after the attempted rebirth got shut down due to the congress being investigated by the FBI for terrorist activites (A group split off and wanted to take over the government at the first meeting in the 90's and then got shut down after they tried to plan an attack on Fort Hood) The CO of IMC then tried getting it back together in '03 but according to the information I got online nobody really was interested. I'm not saying that he wanted to revitalize it for any reason like the splinter group did but still...a little too close for comfort. Anyways, if I offended anyone, sorry. I'm just ticked off a bit that he can add you on myspace but not contact someone who's generally interested.

Jared

Post imported post

How does the Indiana State Militia work?

Post imported post

I posted several years ago about my participation in the IMC. Since then I have found some things out about the supposed commander and resigned.

Just so everyone knows I am no longer involved with the IMC.

Unfortunatley some one replied and my e-mail is still on the page.Would it be possible foe a mod here to remove my e-mail from that post?

Thank you

PWR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast