• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Any thoughts on the Indiana Militia corps

Mordis

imported post

Hi, Does anyone have any thoughts be them good or bad in regards to the indiana militia corps? I have been thinking about joining them, or atleast attending one of there meetings to see if it want to. My reason for this, is i feel that, sooner or later there will be some massive national or regional emergency and when/if the government in my area ceases to exist, i want to help in some way, and these people(at least according to there website) seem to genuinly(spelling?) want to help in those types of emergencies.

From what i have read on there website, they stand for all the things i stand for. SO any thoughts on them, Id greatly appreiciate that.

Mordis

imported post

Guess ill have to contact them and see were and when i can attend a meeting. Ill probably go to a few before i make any decisions. I hope they are what they website makes them seem to be.

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

Noticed they were founded 9/29/01, I am thinking 9/11 sparked them into action... anyone else?

pearlman1966

imported post

I am the OIC of recruiting for the Indiana Militia Corp.

If you would like any information please e-mail me at,

Thanks

pearlman

pearlman1966

imported post

Thanks for the welcome.

I have been on other forums and it is good to see an Indiana specific area.

Mordis

imported post

pearlman1966 wrote:
I am the OIC of recruiting for the Indiana Militia Corp.

If you would like any information please e-mail me at,

Thanks

pearlman
IM at the library, when i get to a better place ill email you. I have alot of questions, regarding IMC. Thanks for Finding my post here.

cato

imported post

You didn't really expect Detectives of the Indiana State Police Dept. to respond to your requests? :lol:

pearlman1966

imported post

cato wrote:
You didn't really expect Detectives of the Indiana State Police Dept. to respond to your requests? :lol:
I hope that wasnt directed at me,I am sure not a detective for the Indiana State Police,If I were though I would have to wonder why I am killing myself as a maintenance man in a factory.

cato

imported post

Just making a joke toward anyone who would worry about it being a ploy to out interested persons. Title 10 sec. 311 is still my favorite fed code!!

Ohio Patriot

imported post

I haven't heard too many good things about the IMC.

FYI,a good friend of mine recently started a citizen's militia group in Indiana. (He lived in Ohio up until recently.) Here is his web page and email address:

http://specter.lictor.tripod.com/
specter.lictor@yahoo.com

He lives in Danville, which is a few miles west of Indianapolis.

Forget any stereotypes you've heard about militia members. He is a real good guy, clean-cut, Christian, educated (electrical engineer), and very skilled.

Michael

squisher

imported post

The ISM seems more above-board, no offense to IMC members, as the ISM is apparently explicitly defined in the Indiana Constitution (Article 12) and Indiana code (IC 10-16-6, IC10-16-6-1, and IC10-16-6-2).

The IMC's website just seems like it's trying too hard. I dunno, I suppose I should reserve judgment on either until I have attended one or more meetings or events.

fox_angola

imported post

hey i'd like to talk to you, because i'm heading a small resistance group up here in angola and could use some help i'm not online much, but my e-mail address is thegreatcrotch@yahoo.com

:celebratesrry just had 2 add it

Flawless

imported post

According to the IMC website, they are in no way affiliated with the ISM. That is made obvious by the fact that the arrests were made sometime before August 10, 2001 and the IMC didn't come into existance until about a month and a half later.

I was doing research on them myself (thinking about joining)and saw this thread.