Thread: Anyone else want to go to Manassas

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

I haven't decided that I want to, but will see depending on the weather:

25th Annual Fall Jubilee
    Saturday, October 6th in Old Town Manassas 10:00 AM thru 5:00 PM
    Join us in Historic Old Town Manassas to celebrate the 25th annual Fall Jubilee.This years (sic) Jubilee will include an assortment of live entertainment, artisans and crafters.Call Historic Manassas, Inc. at 703-361-6599 for details.

Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

I might go with wife and 4-yr. old daughter at some point probably after the noon hour. Weather is supposed to be good , but i was supposed to be rich by now also.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

It's likely that the family and I may get out there for a while. We may try to get out near the beginning and see what's around before we hit nap time for the little one.

Post imported post

We would love to come, butmy bride and Iare helping a friend introducegirl scouts to rifles', and wont be home untilabout 8:00. We have 9 relays that will last throughout the day.

Darn, it would have been nice to meet some folks from the forum.

Ed

Post imported post

old town
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

I would, but I plan on being aboard my buddy's boat Saturday, sponging off his hospitality and sipping brew.

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
    I would, but I plan on being aboard my buddy's boat Saturday, sponging off his hospitality and sipping brew.
    Nothing wrong with that! I'll save the brew part for after I get home.

Hope to see some folks there!
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

For anyone going tomorrow, I just saw this posted on BVBL...

The Manassas GOP is opening it’s headquarters at 9209 Center Street in Old Town at 9:30AM before tomorrow’s Fall Jubilee. I’m hearing that there might be some big names there, so if you can come to the Jubilee, drop by and check out what’s going on, pick up some yard signs, bumper stickers, and sign up to volunteer for Jackson Miller!

UPDATE: Attorney General Bob McDonnell will be there at the headquarters at 9:30AM. Come say hello to the man who may become our next Governor.

Post imported post

I plan on being at the GOP HQ.

Post imported post

Was good to meet you, rebfan!

No reaction. Lots of looks, and some scowls from the MPD officers we passed on the way in and out.

I did take a sip of wine from a vendor who asked "Is it legal to drink while you're carrying a weapon?" I responded yes, it is, though it's not legal to be under the influence while carrying. It was obvious the question was asked simply out of curiosity, and my response received with equanimity. No one else said anything.

Jackson Miller did compliment me on my VCDL shirt, and another person asked about VCDL.

Post imported post

If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

Likewise Tess. Though, I would have been surprised if anyone in the GOP HQ had objected to you ocing.