• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone else want to go to Manassas

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I haven't decided that I want to, but will see depending on the weather:

25th Annual Fall Jubilee
Saturday, October 6th in Old Town Manassas 10:00 AM thru 5:00 PM
Join us in Historic Old Town Manassas to celebrate the 25th annual Fall Jubilee.This years (sic) Jubilee will include an assortment of live entertainment, artisans and crafters.Call Historic Manassas, Inc. at 703-361-6599 for details.

casullshooter

imported post

I might go with wife and 4-yr. old daughter at some point probably after the noon hour. Weather is supposed to be good , but i was supposed to be rich by now also.

coltcarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

It's likely that the family and I may get out there for a while. We may try to get out near the beginning and see what's around before we hit nap time for the little one.

cdpmaster

imported post

We would love to come, butmy bride and Iare helping a friend introducegirl scouts to rifles', and wont be home untilabout 8:00. We have 9 relays that will last throughout the day.

Darn, it would have been nice to meet some folks from the forum.

Ed

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
I would, but I plan on being aboard my buddy's boat Saturday, sponging off his hospitality and sipping brew.
Nothing wrong with that! I'll save the brew part for after I get home.

Hope to see some folks there!

vrwmiller

imported post

For anyone going tomorrow, I just saw this posted on BVBL...

The Manassas GOP is opening it’s headquarters at 9209 Center Street in Old Town at 9:30AM before tomorrow’s Fall Jubilee. I’m hearing that there might be some big names there, so if you can come to the Jubilee, drop by and check out what’s going on, pick up some yard signs, bumper stickers, and sign up to volunteer for Jackson Miller!

UPDATE: Attorney General Bob McDonnell will be there at the headquarters at 9:30AM. Come say hello to the man who may become our next Governor.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Was good to meet you, rebfan!

No reaction. Lots of looks, and some scowls from the MPD officers we passed on the way in and out.

I did take a sip of wine from a vendor who asked "Is it legal to drink while you're carrying a weapon?" I responded yes, it is, though it's not legal to be under the influence while carrying. It was obvious the question was asked simply out of curiosity, and my response received with equanimity. No one else said anything.

Jackson Miller did compliment me on my VCDL shirt, and another person asked about VCDL.

rebfan

imported post

Likewise Tess. Though, I would have been surprised if anyone in the GOP HQ had objected to you ocing.