• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Not open carry But

tarzan1888

imported post

http://www.nvrepository.state.nv.us/Special/CCW_CHANGE.shtml

Out of State Carry Concealed Weapon Permit Recognition

Effective Oct 1, 2007

In accordance with Senate Bill 237 passed by the 2007 Nevada Legislature the State of Nevada will recognize the following States' CCW permit holders:

Alaska
Arkansas
Kansas
Louisiana
Missouri
Nebraska
Tennessee
Utah

This law allows holders of valid permits from these states to carry a concealed weapon while in the State of Nevada. The permit must be in the possession of the issuee at all times while carrying a firearm.

Department of Public Safety
Records and Technology Division
808 W. Nye Lane
Carson City, NV 89703
(775)684-6262

:celebrate

This is noteworthy because The Utah Permit is already widely accepted and Nevada is so widely visited,

Tarzan

utsp101

imported post

Don't count on california any time soon, I lived there from '72 till '00 and the anti-gun sentiment grew each year .In reading the ca. papers online now it has only gotten worse. Most of the big citiies there don't have the guts to tackle the problems where they really lie. Witness SanFrancisco trying to ban all handguns last year, most of their shootings are gang related and they know it. If anything there will probably bemore restrictions on guns and permit holders.

b1ack5mith

imported post

there are only like 2000 people in california with a permit (so im told)

that place is so full of liberals, im ashamed to say i was born there

cato

imported post

b1ack5mith wrote:
there are only like 2000 people in california with a permit (so im told)

45,000 with Licenses To Carry but that includes judges and reserve cops.

utsp101

imported post

Considering that Califronia is themost populace state in the union ,45,000 is a pathetically small number. It would also appear that probably an even smaller number are regular,ordinary citizens. I understand that the LA County Sheriff and LAPD don't have any problems issuing permits to celebrities (some of whom are openly anti-gun),but have stated that there is no reason for regular citizens to carry guns. A"may issue" situation is just more elitism.

althor

imported post

With regards to Nevada, its been a few days since I read the bill, but it looks like NV has a requirement that for semi-automatics a person would have to qualify for each specific make and model he/she wanted to carry. I guess it would be listed on the permit? Would out of state permit holders be subject to this rule?? I can't see how.

I think I read that each year the different states statutes would be evaluated to see it the are at least as comprehesive as Nevada's. Could this be an issue to remove reciprocity with the states that don't have a similar requirement?

Maybe I read it wrong.

just curious.

utsp101

imported post

From what I understand most of the pressure as far as restrictions are concerned come mainly from Clark and Nye counties. I have read on other forums from residents of the other counties that most all "anti-gun" sentiments coming out of Nevada are coming for the most part from thes two counties. I would imagine that all states keep track or the other states with which they have agreements to make sure that their standards remain acceptable.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

tarzan1888 wrote:
http://www.nvrepository.state.nv.us/Special/CCW_CHANGE.shtml

Out of State Carry Concealed Weapon Permit Recognition

Effective Oct 1, 2007

In accordance with Senate Bill 237 passed by the 2007 Nevada Legislature the State of Nevada will recognize the following States' CCW permit holders:

Alaska
Arkansas
Kansas
Louisiana
Missouri
Nebraska
Tennessee
Utah

This law allows holders of valid permits from these states to carry a concealed weapon while in the State of Nevada. The permit must be in the possession of the issuee at all times while carrying a firearm.

Department of Public Safety
Records and Technology Division
808 W. Nye Lane
Carson City, NV 89703
(775)684-6262

:celebrate

This is noteworthy because The Utah Permit is already widely accepted and Nevada is so widely visited,

Tarzan
That's why I'm now finally will be going to Vegas within the next month or two. Maybe for X-mas

UTOC-45-44

imported post

xmirage2kx wrote:
:monkey

Now only if the rest of the western states would follow suit (That means you CA and OR)

Oregon should be easy. But when it comes to PULLING TEETH...Commifornia...well don't count on it. I would live to visit some of the attractions there but never will.

I'm anti support against stores/accomadations that will not allow me to enter and states...NO different

utsp101

imported post

Oregon doesn't honor anyone elses permits , but then again until 10-1-07 niether did nevada. However I don't know how dependent Oregons economy is on tourism ,which is of course the absolute lifeblood of most of Nevadas' ecomomy. The general attitiude I have gathered from many oregonians is "welcome to Oregon, now go home".