• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

St. Tammany FYI

Gun_Addict

imported post

Not much of a poster but had a chat with a former St. Tammany deputy this morning and just had to forward on part of it. Brought up the question of open carry and at first he said it was illegal and had to correct him, and then he agreed. But, what I wanted to know was how the department here viewed it. His answer was that 90% of the time you would take a ride, in other words be arrested.:what: I asked on what charge and he said the same crap that NOPD comes up with, "disturbing the peace".:shock: I said that it would not stick and would be dropped, and he said yeah, and it was waste of tax payer dollars but that was the way it was.:banghead: He also said that the mindset was that they did not want it to turn into the old west. Sounds like they been taking lessons from the NOPD concerning open carry. Funny thing is I DON'T think you could re-educate our current sheriff into the legal mindset, and have him educate the deputies. At least I do know in my home town in north La, Morehouse parish, the sheriff does know the law. I spoke with a looong time friend that is on the force up there and he said they were told if they felt a need they could stop and question anyone openly carrying as to why, but that was it. So the sheriff up there is to be commended. :D
Maybe it's time to find a sheriff for down here that is willing to obey the law for once.:cool:

joekareca

imported post

Hey Guy, I agree with you we need somebodythatcan obey the law. I live in S.T.P. also, and i'll will sue them if they get stupid, i don't drink and i'm a old man and i have to protect my property like the next guy. But if a big guy starts at me and i'm in the truck, i'll give him two warnings before i put him down, and i always carry a little cam corder. I used to live in N.O. and carried for 10 years and never got stopped once. I guess the Lord watch's me also...............have a great day...Joekareca

joekareca

imported post

Thanks brother, i don't take no prisners either! my brother is a lawyer and hate the cops, because of all the looding they did in st benard, NOLA, and was taking any drug that had street value. I try to stay out of new orleans as much as i can. they are the emeny as far as i'm concerned. I have two uncles that retired after twenty years on the nopd . and they both said that when they started giving this kind of power to Blacks ( no afence) they were done and look what has happened . you keep your gun and protect yourself & family. and if you have to, aim lower then the vest if he is a prick. I personally hate cops, they are always doing what they are not suppose to be. and what's this when you get pulled over andwith in three minutes 3 cruisers are there. they are a bunch of pussy's, its almost if they are scared to be alone with a guy that forgot to put his blinker on to change lanes. when they should be cruising the crack neiborhoods. seems like they are scared of them so they mess with the good guys, they should be gratefull we have our weapons, because if i had it and like that woman cop who got killed would be alive today! and in my opion is if you want to be a cop only says to me that i have a little penis and maybe the cop thing might get him some. We have a right to have our guns and the law is on my side, and if a cop in STP trys to arrest me i'll be getting part of his paycheck every other week. and a nice settlement from the parish. I carry to protect myself & family any way i have to i don't care if its in court or otherwise!

joekareca

imported post

mark, I would like to see one of them myself! LOL They are always crying, we don't make enough to go patrol the crack neiborhoods, gee i bet they are glad for radar guns or they wouldn't have a thing to do. and there always to much paper work. Once apon a time a guy was sitting between two cars smoking crack and "Mike on a Bike " rides up and tell him to not to move, well the guy blew the smoke in mikes face and asked him if he wanted a hit ! we were all standing on the corner cracking -up. well a car came and picked the guy up.The very next day the same guy was standing there with us drinking a beer, he was looking for the crack dealer and Mike on a bike rides up and the guy asked him if he had fun withe the paper work and if he waits a little longer he will see micky the crack dealer, the guy said, yeah its the same mouse that sold it to me yesterday. mike rode of shaking his head. and get this, Mike was gay! and thats why he liked riding the bike! a true event. the guy told me mike ****** up his day yesterday he got arrested at 1pm and was out by 7pm.

charlie12

imported post

Karecajoe54 wrote:
Thanks brother, i don't take no prisners either! my brother is a lawyer and hate the cops, because of all the looding they did in st benard, NOLA, and was taking any drug that had street value. I try to stay out of new orleans as much as i can. they are the emeny as far as i'm concerned. I have two uncles that retired after twenty years on the nopd . and they both said that when they started giving this kind of power to Blacks ( no afence) they were done and look what has happened . you keep your gun and protect yourself & family. and if you have to, aim lower then the vest if he is a prick. I personally hate cops, they are always doing what they are not suppose to be. and what's this when you get pulled over andwith in three minutes 3 cruisers are there. they are a bunch of pussy's, its almost if they are scared to be alone with a guy that forgot to put his blinker on to change lanes. when they should be cruising the crack neiborhoods. seems like they are scared of them so they mess with the good guys, they should be gratefull we have our weapons, because if i had it and like that woman cop who got killed would be alive today! and in my opion is if you want to be a cop only says to me that i have a little penis and maybe the cop thing might get him some. We have a right to have our guns and the law is on my side, and if a cop in STP trys to arrest me i'll be getting part of his paycheck every other week. and a nice settlement from the parish. I carry to protect myself & family any way i have to i don't care if its in court or otherwise!
You say your brother is a Lawyer? Read your post did you go to school?

DMB

imported post

Karecajoe54 wrote:
You know buddy, I'm a pretty level headed guy of 40 years young. I recently retired from the Army as an officer with 21 years, and am currently a Detective with a Sheriff's Office. I support citizens carrying guns 100%.But your negative comments and "I'm a badass" attitude make me question whether you have the mental capacity for such a big responsibility as carrying a firearm. Every shit kicker and his brother knows a lawyer or two. Why? Because they are screw ups and beg to be arrested. Get educated and learn how to articulate your thoughts before you give OCadvocates a bad name and drive a wedge between them and the few cops that do support them.

swillden

imported post

Anybody other than me wondering if Karecajoe54 is an anti plant, here to spew a bunch of bile that can be used to paint OC'ers in a bad light?

charlie12

imported post

swillden wrote:
Anybody other than me wondering if Karecajoe54 is an anti plant, here to spew a bunch of bile that can be used to paint OC'ers in a bad light?
He or She is off the wall. I've been wondering if anybody else noticed any of this.

KBCraig

imported post

DMB wrote:
You know buddy, I'm a pretty level headed guy of 40 years young. I recently retired from the Army as an officer with 21 years....
You retired as an Army officer at the age of 40, with 21 years of service?

Bull. Effin. Shizzle.

When did you get your commission? When did you get your degree?

There's a timeline involved here. Please elaborate.

DMB

imported post

KBCraig wrote:
DMB wrote:
You know buddy, I'm a pretty level headed guy of 40 years young. I recently retired from the Army as an officer with 21 years....

Bull. Effin. Shizzle.

Not a problem a-hole. Enlisted May of 1986, commissioned Aug 1990 (OCS Ft Benning), retired June 1, 2007. If I remember right I only had to have 90 hours of college to attend OCS. Got my BA in 1994. Trust me dickhead, I got all the proof I need. How much do you want to look like a fool?

Jimmy Dean

imported post

If he went in as enlisten at 18, got his degree while enlisted (I know alot of officers that did this) then he became an officer while retaining his years in service while enlisted, so say he got his commision at 28, he was then a lieutenant with 10 years time in service, and able to retire 10 years later..

Also, I know people who have their bachelors at 19 years old. Have a friend that has a double bachelors and almost his double PhD at 21. (and not some BS bachelors, two seperate engineering degrees)

PavePusher

imported post

KBCraig wrote:
DMB wrote:

Bull. Effin. Shizzle.

If you think something sounds screwy, your first request for clarification should be a lot more polite. Sheesh. Especially when you obviously either don't know anything about the subject, or haven't bothered to think it through.:banghead:

PavePusher

imported post

Karecajoe54 wrote:
mark, I would like to see one of them myself! LOL They are always crying, we don't make enough to go patrol the crack neiborhoods, gee i bet they are glad for radar guns or they wouldn't have a thing to do. and there always to much paper work. Once apon a time a guy was sitting between two cars smoking crack and "Mike on a Bike " rides up and tell him to not to move, well the guy blew the smoke in mikes face and asked him if he wanted a hit ! we were all standing on the corner cracking -up. well a car came and picked the guy up.The very next day the same guy was standing there with us drinking a beer, he was looking for the crack dealer and Mike on a bike rides up and the guy asked him if he had fun withe the paper work and if he waits a little longer he will see micky the crack dealer, the guy said, yeah its the same mouse that sold it to me yesterday. mike rode of shaking his head. and get this, Mike was gay! and thats why he liked riding the bike! a true event. the guy told me mike ****** up his day yesterday he got arrested at 1pm and was out by 7pm.

Let's just put the crack-pipe down now, mmmmkay?

And people wonder how the pro-self protection movement gets a bad name.:banghead:

I know, I know,don't feed the trolls....;)