• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Columbus Day OC Lunch *MANASSAS*

IanB

imported post

Anyone else have Monday off and want to grab a bite to eat at Foster's Grill in Manassas? Several of us met there once before this summer, and the food was GREAT!!

If you can make it out to Foster's at 1:00PM post up here in the forum. They serve beer so OC is req'd.

Foster's Grille

9417 West St

Manassas, VA 20110

vrwmiller

imported post

I live in Manassas, though I do not have that day off. However, I am working remotely/from home that day. I will try and stop by...

IanB

imported post

vrwmiller wrote:
However, I am working remotely/from home that day.
Does your boss allow employees to be armed while at work? :lol:

vrwmiller

imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
vrwmiller wrote:
However, I am working remotely/from home that day.
Does your boss allow employees to be armed while at work? :lol:
Unfortunately, while I am at one of my employers facilities, that is a negative. However, I am permitted to be armed while working when working remotely. Which, of course, I take advantage of.

:celebrate

Tomahawk

imported post

I can flex my work hours; I may be able to take an extended lunch break and make this, if I feel like working late to make up the time...no promises, though.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Not sure yet. I'm off because school is out and my sitter is off. Man-child and I will try to make it.

IanB

imported post

My waiter (server) normally brings me stuff like beer and food, I've never had to carry my own waiter!:lol:

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Now I have to make it - I bought another new gun today.

And to think I almost didn't go to the Dale City show.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I got another Bersa.

Turns out they now make the .380 in a double-stack, 15+1. Plus, I found it in flat black. All my other Bersas EXCEPT the .380 were flat black. Now I have a matching set. And 16 rds of .380 makes up, a bit, for the fact they aren't as powerful a load as the .45 ACP.

Now to find spare magazines.

roscoe13

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Tess wrote:
I got another Bersa.

Turns out they now make the .380 in a double-stack, 15+1. Plus, I found it in flat black. All my other Bersas EXCEPT the .380 were flat black. Now I have a matching set. And 16 rds of .380 makes up, a bit, for the fact they aren't as powerful a load as the .45 ACP.

Now to find spare magazines.
A single, well placed, .22 is better than 15 poorly placed .380s (or .45s)....

vrwmiller

imported post

I'll probably be able to attend, but I won't be able to stick around for but an hour. I've got to take my vehicle to Lorton this afternoon.

vrwmiller

imported post

hrmm, there's several parking lots in the vicinity. However, I don't know the regulations of those lots. You probably don't want to park in the commuter lots. I believe a permit is required. The commuter lots are directly next to the train station.

Marco

imported post

Tess wrote:
Where's the best place to park nearby?

there's a commuter lot near the rail station, there is also a public lot across the street from the commuter lot and there is street parking(if available)
all within walking distance of Foster's