• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Columbus Day OC Lunch *MANASSAS*

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Agent19 wrote:
i'm not going to make it.
my wife isn't home yet to watch the kids, my son isn't feeling well or we would be there.

Sorry you couldn't make it. 8 of us did, and had a nice time.

Tomahawk

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
Sorry couldn't get out of work, today. I don't have one of those cushy government-gets-every-other-Monday-off jobs. ;)
Me neither. I work for a major defence contractor, however the client is not the U.S. government. It's the UK.
You even spell it like your customer...

nova

imported post

Tess wrote:
Now I have to make it - I bought another new gun today.

And to think I almost didn't go to the Dale City show.
how was the show? I overslept and missed it :(

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Just like Dale City. If you've seen one, you've seen them all. Trader Jerry at one end, Dark Sun at the other, holsters, ammo, antiques, and junk tools in between. Only difference as far as I'm concerned is I saw guns I haven't seen before. Bought one, too <grin>.

I almost didn't go, but had a senior brain fart last time and bought an annual pass (I don't know why I thought that Fredericksburg, Dale City, and Winchester were all the same promoter). So I had to get my money's worth.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
SouthernBoy wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
Sorry couldn't get out of work, today. I don't have one of those cushy government-gets-every-other-Monday-off jobs. ;)
Me neither. I work for a major defence contractor, however the client is not the U.S. government. It's the UK.
You even spell it like your customer...
Oops.. shame on me. Should have been "defense".

They do spell some words differently than we do. Didn't know about this one.

nova

imported post

Oh well...I'll be making it to the Nov. Chantilly show for sure.

Trader Jerry's is a great bunch of people there. It's nice to have a quick conversation with Jerry himself while waiting on the NICS check if he's not too busy at the time. Bought several times from him. :)

Dark Sun, well, I've had several bad experiences with those guys, never bought from them because their attitudes put me off every time, at different shows too. They won't see a lick of my money...ever. :X

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Good more for me, I love watching the guys from Dark Sun work, and they do have the best prices on a lot of guns.