• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone Carrying a Kimber Pro Carry II....

bayboy42

imported post

I'm still mulling over the purchase of my next firearm and one of the factors I consider is availablity of accessories (i.e. a holster). Wondering if anyone here carries a Kimber Pro Carry II and if so, which holsters have they had good luck with. Thanks in advance for any input.

danbus

imported post

Since I carry a 1911, I found that the holster of my choice is Blackhawk Serpa. Looks good, and gets the job done.

Never had any need for others.

bayboy42

imported post

Dan - thats what I currently carry my Glock in but I can't conclusively determine if there is a Blackhawk Serpa that the Pro Carry II will fit in......maybe somebody will clarify for me.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

The Serpa designed for the 1911 will work with a kimber Pro Carry II. However, the holster will be longer than the pistol. The solution to this is simply chop off the excess material on the holster if you wish. UTOC-45-44 chopped his Serpa for his Kimber, and it looks completely normal. Maybe he will post a pic?

IanB

imported post

I chopped off about 1.5" of Serpa on a holster meant for a Glock 20. (Now being used to carry a Glock 39) The easiest way to remove the plastic is to use a dremel tool with theround sander attachment (heavy grit). It zips the plastic right off! (and worked better than the cutting disc) You should do this outside as it creates a lot of black plastic dust and fragments. And don't forget the eye protection. All told it took me about 10 minutes to remove the plastic, and another5 minutes to make everything even/level and round the edges off. After I finished with the dremel, I used a lighter to slightly melt the edges and remove any burrs.